Wilt's 100 vs. Kobe's 81. Discuss

Originally Posted by MBen32

I've never seen footage of Wilt's(it doesn't exist, obviously) so I go w/ Kobe by default.

I mean, how are we really gonna sit here & debate a game we didn't see vs 1 that we can watch right now?
It's really just a thread for Kobe stans and Kobe haters to argue with each other. Trolling to the max. I see that now.

Kobe threads on NT unappreciation
30t6p3b.gif
.........rarely can there be an unbiased conversation about what he's done, or has failed to do.........AND THAT GOES BOTH WAYS

Originally Posted by MBen32

I've never seen footage of Wilt's(it doesn't exist, obviously) so I go w/ Kobe by default.

I mean, how are we really gonna sit here & debate a game we didn't see vs 1 that we can watch right now.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

I really don't think it's fair to discuss, not taking ANYTHING away from what wilt did, but he had the privilege of just catching the ball turning around and dumping it on fools heads......Kobe on the other hand did it from all over

Thank You!

With that being said, 81 >>> 100.

and it's not even close.

There's a difference when people discredit Kobe's 81 to Wilt's 100.

People discredit Kobe's 81 because they don't like him. Simple as that.

People discredit Wilt's 100 because of the era it took place in. It has nothing to do with people liking or disliking him.

Both amazing, I'd take 100 but both are good

Another great one is Jordan in 86 in the playoffs against an all time great team while surrounded with average players. That 63 was not an easy 63

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Kobe's 81 Wilt's 100 is the best individual performance in the history of da league
there ya go.

100>81 and Kobe is my favorite player

Y'all are so ignorant
laugh.gif
 The guys Wilt was playing against that night were 6'9 and 6'10 respectively.

One thing yall dont realize about being with a big man, he cant control the ball all 94 ft down the court like a perimeter player can. He needs to somebody to feed him to ball. Its also much easier to double a post player than it is to double a wingman who are in scoring range at 25ft.

Another thing the people are falling to realize to is that you  could actually hard foul your opponent back then  to throw him off his game,you cant do that now.

I think Wilt Chamberlain is vastly underappreciated. I think this partly because its easier to relate to a wing player because most of us are of closer to that stature but people dont realize big men have their own obstacles too.

People who think Wilt 100 is greater than Kobe 81 never play ball in theirlives. First of all he had 32 free throws. So there goes the ideas of he can't get the ball out the window. Wilt was 7 foot tall. 40 inch vert plus he's a mobile and agile center. He ran the floor and get into open post up spot . It's not that hard to feed the ball to a mobile center with 40 inch vert. Go look up images of the guys Wilt played with. The average height of center and forward back then is about 6'7 and they're WHITE lol

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

People who think Wilt 100 is greater than Kobe 81 never play ball in theirlives. First of all he had 32 free throws. So there goes the ideas of he can't get the ball out the window. Wilt was 7 foot tall. 40 inch vert plus he's a mobile and agile center. He ran the floor and get into open post up spot . It's not that hard to feed the ball to a mobile center with 40 inch vert. Go look up images of the guys Wilt played with. The average height of center and forward back then is about 6'7 and they're WHITE lol

Gotta love people that have to resort to this type of rationale in their opening statement. 

To the guys that said that there was no 3 point line: wasn't there always a traditional 3 point play with continuation? Wilt went to the line over about 30 times.

Some of those free throws were probably for and 1s after those shorter players pulled down his pants attempting to stop the play or something.

I'll take David Robinson's 71 over both games. He needed to come through with the scoring title and he did it.

man i was so close to going to that game.

it was my birthday and wanted to do something but i went to the auto show next door instead
frown.gif

but yeah kobes 81>>>>>

the league is much more competitive now than it was then. but still props to wilt

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I'll take David Robinson's 71 over both games. He needed to come through with the scoring title and he did it.
only thing about this is with playoff seeding already secured for the spurs in 94,  they were locked into the 4 seed regardless of the outcome, david robinson was given the green light to score at will from the opening tip. 71 is impressive however you look at it though.

between Wilt and Kobe,  i'm a Laker fan but regardless of the era 100 is 19 points more then 81.  to score 100 points in a 48 minute game means you scored slightly over 2 points every minute.

with that said Kobes 81 is very impressive but I always thought his 62 points in 3 quarters against a 60 win mavs team that season was more impressive, i still wonder how much he would've scored had he been given the green light to keep scoring in the 4th quarter.

Now that you bring up high scoring games by one player I wonder what it would take if a player got the green light the whole game no matter what. Forget all that mercy rule, the game isn't competitive anymore. I remember McGrady's 50 @ the half when he was with ORL and he was basically benched at the 2nd half. I was geeking off the fact that he could've scored a 75+ in that game.

I think we need the right kind of douche bag coach and douche bag player to see 100 or more or an AI type team where one star has to do all of the scoring (probably would have to be losing most of the game).

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Now that you bring up high scoring games by one player I wonder what it would take if a player got the green light the whole game no matter what. Forget all that mercy rule, the game isn't competitive anymore. I remember McGrady's 50 @ the half when he was with ORL and he was basically benched at the 2nd half. I was geeking off the fact that he could've scored a 75+ in that game.

I think we need the right kind of douche bag coach and douche bag player to see 100 or more or an AI type team where one star has to do all of the scoring (probably would have to be losing most of the game).

if only paul westhead or bill belichek could've coached the 03-04 mcgrady magic, iverson in his prime, or the post shaq pre gasol  kobe led lakers
laugh.gif

Kobe is a guard, against much better competition. Granted he had the three point line, but i'm almost positive wilt wouldn't have been out at the three point line. (Then again, if wilt had a 3 point line growing up, how would that have affected his game has far as him working on him game growing up, etc. so who knows?)

Kobe's 81>Wilt's 100. The crazy part about it all is that he could have and probably would have topped 80 points twice in a season! Remarkable

@Rex Ryan I agree Kobes 62 points game against the Mavs was very impressive, more impressive than the 81pts game IMO. For all the reasons LDJ mentioned Kobes 81>Wilts 100

Here is the crazy thing and a lot of people forget about Kobe's 81 point game.
The same season he also dropped 62 in 3 quarters against the Mavs
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

The same Mavs team that went to the Finals that season and he sat out the entire 4th quarter also.

That was the game where I seriously thought Wilt's record was in trouble.

Phil Jackson even asked him if he wanted to be put back in the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom