Window Tints

Im going to put tints on my new car but ive never gotten tints done before so i dont really know which is the best %. I want them to be dark enough that peoplecant see inside but i dont want to have to constantly worry about cops writing me tickets for too dark of tint. Thanks in advance NT.

get them the darkest...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by realtalkitsDC

I want them to be dark enough that people cant see inside but i dont want to have to constantly worry about cops writing me tickets for too dark of tint.

Contradiction.

Tip: A friend who was neighbors with a cop, was told that if you cant tell what race the person is, the tint is too dark.

true story...my roommate got illegal tint, and he got a few tint tickets...so finally he went to his eye doctor and got him to write a note that says his eyesmake it a necessity that his tint be darker
laugh.gif

cops still pull him over and give him *$%$, but he doesn't get tickets.

Originally Posted by 18key

I want them to be dark enough that people cant see inside but i dont want to have to constantly worry about cops writing me tickets for too dark of tint.

Contradiction.

Tip: A friend who was neighbors with a cop, was told that if you cant tell what race the person is, the tint is too dark.

That sounds racist
grin.gif

But what if you have some NT background x Africa dude driving with no tints
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

true story...my roommate got illegal tint, and he got a few tint tickets...so finally he went to his eye doctor and got him to write a note that says his eyes make it a necessity that his tint be darker
laugh.gif

will work if you have a cool doc. but mine wouldn't ha

but i have 5% in the back and 35% in the front windows
The 35% is still too dark so i think 50% is the right amount where you wont get caught with it

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by 18key

Contradiction.

That sounds racist
grin.gif

But what if you have some NT background x Africa dude driving with no tints
laugh.gif
It does. And since it was a cop, it doesnt surprise me
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Drips510

get them the darkest...
pimp.gif
I live in Arizona right now and there's no laws against window tinting here. I have the darkest possible tint and that $+$$ is too damn dark.It looks tight but I can't see $+$$ at night. Almost hit this little dude riding his bike the other night.

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

true story...my roommate got illegal tint, and he got a few tint tickets...so finally he went to his eye doctor and got him to write a note that says his eyes make it a necessity that his tint be darker
laugh.gif

The 35% is still too dark so i think 50% is the right amount where you wont get caught with it

do you get problems from the police?

Look up your laws for your state. You should be able to get as dark as you want for the back windows but the front is a certain %. I plan on getting tint soonas well. So imma get darkest in the back then a little bit darker than legal in the front.

Originally Posted by Freshly Snipes

Originally Posted by Drips510

get them the darkest...
pimp.gif
I live in Arizona right now and there's no laws against window tinting here. I have the darkest possible tint and that $+$$ is too damn dark. It looks tight but I can't see $+$$ at night. Almost hit this little dude riding his bike the other night.

lol really?...
pimp.gif
...id still a get em dark though...

Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

laugh.gif

do you get problems from the police?
not yet, i try to drive around with the front windows down whenever possible though, but cops see me sometimes but I haven't had a problemwith it yet
one of my friends gets pulled over alot and its probably cause he has the front windshield tinted so i would try to avoid getting that done

I have 20%. The legal limit is 35%. I have not been stopped. I actually have been stopped beside cops at lights and nothing happened. But that doesn't meannothing will. What ever you decide, I recommend getting the same % all the way around.

I have 35% all around...... to be honest i should have gotten 20%. Too many people have 20% here in Va and have never gotten pulled for it. And the legal limitis 50% in the front and 35% in the back for cars

I have 8% in the back and 28% up front in Cali but outhere you can't have tints in the front at all.

In Florida the legal limit is 35% up front and 15% in the back. I had 5% up front and 3% in the back and I was getting
pulled over every other day. Finally I got so tired of going to court that I got them taken off and got 35% all
around.

Tip:If you go to the flea market you can find police/fire department stickers. Place one on the back of your whip
and cops will be quicker to turn a blind eye.

^ official PBA license plate
pimp.gif

I had 20% before and never had a problem, except of course when trying to make a turn on a dark road at night. 35% (legal FL limit) next time for me.

20% is good...plus you wont get harrased.......5% looks bad a$5!!! but you will get tickets no doubt...so dont ride dirty, cuz everyone hates probablecause..
mad.gif

and make sure your cool with a cop, so that he can write the repair order off if you do get a ticket! then you wont waste the 150 or so dollars it takes totint windows!

Originally Posted by dc2K02

I have 35% all around...... to be honest i should have gotten 20%. Too many people have 20% here in Va and have never gotten pulled for it. And the legal limit is 50% in the front and 35% in the back for cars
same but i live in MD

35% is way too light

Back
Top Bottom