Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

I wonder how many seasons they can get out of this. They could probably skim through the 81 season and 83 where they got swept by Philly

But you would think there would be part of an episode on Westhead and Magic falling out and Pat Riley taking over.

Losing to Boston in 84 and bouncing back in 85 has potential. As does the 87-88 squads.

They could probably condense 89-91 though.
I dont think they do more than 2-3 seasons. I say this because you cant do more seasons with the same formula and not have it get repetitive
We'll see. Im happy we even get a second season cause I thought it was gonna be one and done
If I was them I'd cover the 84-85 and 90-91 seasons and end it there

Last edited:
I dont think they do more than 2-3 seasons. I say this because you cant do more seasons with the same formula and not have it get repetitive
We'll see. Im happy we even get a second season cause I thought it was gonna be one and done
If I was them I'd cover the 84-85 and 90-91 seasons and end it there

At most 3. But hell I think they could cover the rest in a single season if they really wanted.

A bunch of the episodes in season 1 were leading up to the season and focusing on Buss getting the team and Magic getting drafted. Hell for the 80 finals they pretty much skipped straight to game 5 where Kareem went down.

There’s 11 seasons from 80-81 to 90-91. But there’s a lot they can skim and skip through while still giving relevant moments enough time. I wouldn’t be surprised if a good chunk of s2 is about them losing to Boston, beating Boston, Magic and Bird becoming friends that summer during that commercial shoot and given how iconic a shot it was, the baby hook in the 87 finals to go up 3-1 on Boston.

They can end it with losing to the bulls in 91 finals and everything with Magic from that November. But they can cover a lot in 10 episodes.

I'd hate to see who they would cast as Michael Jordan if they ever get to that point lol
mj_20doppelganger.0.jpg

I really liked this show.

I read the Pearlman book several years ago and am somewhat familiar with that part of NBA History. Nevertheless, I found myself pausing and googling a lot of stuff because some of the things in the show are sometimes hard to believe.

While the show did make somethings up and sometimes changed certain details and the timeline of certain things e.g. Pat Reilly becoming a broadcaster and assistant coach in the same season, it got the overall story right.

I wish that the show had inserted more "Chickisms" during the in-game scenes. That said, I was practically cheering when Chick Hearn put game 6 in the refrigerator in episode 10.

I hope we see more season because it was a lot of fun to watch.

that was him!?
Yeah I wanted to check what actor was Dr. J

I enjoyed the show. As a Sixers fan, seeing someone that could pass as an auntie playing as Dr. J pissed me off.

Another documentary on Hulu? How many do we need about the Lakers

The Lakers are getting as many checks as possible because they need to pay for LeBron's extension. Seriously though, a scripted TV series, a Magic Johnson documentary and a 10-part Hulu documentary in the span of 18 months is overkill

Watching this Mavs v Warriors game...could of had Dinwiddie play DR.J over that other dude with the fat neck.

At least you have someone with basketball experience.

At most 3. But hell I think they could cover the rest in a single season if they really wanted.

A bunch of the episodes in season 1 were leading up to the season and focusing on Buss getting the team and Magic getting drafted. Hell for the 80 finals they pretty much skipped straight to game 5 where Kareem went down.

There’s 11 seasons from 80-81 to 90-91. But there’s a lot they can skim and skip through while still giving relevant moments enough time. I wouldn’t be surprised if a good chunk of s2 is about them losing to Boston, beating Boston, Magic and Bird becoming friends that summer during that commercial shoot and given how iconic a shot it was, the baby hook in the 87 finals to go up 3-1 on Boston.

They can end it with losing to the bulls in 91 finals and everything with Magic from that November. But they can cover a lot in 10 episodes.
They already said they wanna cover the Shaq and Kobe days . This series can easily get 5 seasons

Back
Top Bottom