Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty : Season 2 Out Now

They are doing everything to make magic look like a sex addict on this show. Every time a group of thots come through he acts like he's never seen women before. :lol:

Um, that was pretty much what he was like back then and the stories backed it up. I mean, he caught HIV from sleeping around so much. When he retired (before the 91-92 season), I was in 9th grade (15 or so) and we didn't have TMZ or anything like that (E.T wasn't there yet) and obviously no internet. But from what myself and all my friends read, he basically went after anything in a skirt. Again if I'm wrong, I admit it, but that's not what was told back then. 🤷

Um, that was pretty much what he was like back then and the stories backed it up. I mean, he caught HIV from sleeping around so much. When he retired (before the 91-92 season), I was in 9th grade (15 or so) and we didn't have TMZ or anything like that (E.T wasn't there yet) and obviously no internet. But from what myself and all my friends read, he basically went after anything in a skirt. Again if I'm wrong, I admit it, but that's not what was told back then. 🤷

Im just laughing at his thirstiness. Youre a star act like it. :lol:

I'm just finishing the episode now, looks like they found out about the cancellation and wrapped it with some quick editing.

Honestly, I'm not that surprised... This show would have had a hard time grasping a greater audience and clearly that was the case. The existing audience is NBA fans which is a smaller audience than we want to think then make it about a story 40 years ago... And then add in the stylistic choices of the way it was shot and edited. This wasn't a show that was going to grasp mainstream audiences despite its quality. This was a niche show from the get-go and those always will struggle on HBO

This is bull ****. :smh:

I know who won the God damn 84 Finals and I was still tense as hell watchin the show. :lol:
That's great writing. (Liberties and all)

Not showing 85-91 is criminal.
And 96-2010 is an EASY sell.

Riley to Phil? Shaq/Kobe? Closing the series with 2010 game 7 vs Boston?

:stoneface:

Netflix or somebody needs to pick this up. They nailed every character too.

They are doing everything to make magic look like a sex addict on this show. Every time a group of thots come through he acts like he's never seen women before. :lol:
I actually felt they toned it down substantially.....

It was well known they would smash chicks at halftime and after the games in Buss's suite, like every home game

I felt they did a good job of honoring magic's legacy and not portraying him too negatively when it came to the promiscuity....

cuz we all know it was WAYYYY more than they showed on the show

I'm just finishing the episode now, looks like they found out about the cancellation and wrapped it with some quick editing.

Just finished it as well. Once I saw the epilog, I knew it! Damn it, I wanted to see how the rest of the seasons played out. Or at least how the press conference of Magic returning was gone a be portrayed. Sucks! 😞

This is bull ****. :smh:

I know who won the God damn 84 Finals and I was still tense as hell watchin the show. :lol:
That's great writing. (Liberties and all)

Not showing 85-91 is criminal.
And 96-2010 is an EASY sell.

Riley to Phil? Shaq/Kobe? Closing the series with 2010 game 7 vs Boston?

:stoneface:

Netflix or somebody needs to pick this up. They nailed every character too.

Absolutely right. The guy who played Bird was seriously SPOT ON! Even down to his jump shot. Loved Jason Clarke as Jerry West but for me Adrian Brody as Riley.....DAMN AWESOME!!! Gonna miss watching this.

Smashing at halftime is crazy.

But some great acting chops and monologues. Felt engaged the whole way.

Honestly, I'm not that surprised... This show would have had a hard time grasping a greater audience and clearly that was the case. The existing audience is NBA fans which is a smaller audience than we want to think then make it about a story 40 years ago... And then add in the stylistic choices of the way it was shot and edited. This wasn't a show that was going to grasp mainstream audiences despite its quality. This was a niche show from the get-go and those always will struggle on HBO

biggest problem is none of the people portrayed in the series co-signed the show

and people who don’t care bout the lakers automatically think the show is a waste

I’ve never liked the lakers but the show is a must watch or atleast was smh

I had no idea Jeanie Buss just married Jay Mohr...def not on my bingo card lmao

Back
Top Bottom