Wisdom tooth surgery...

Just had mine out on Friday.

NTers who have had them removed, do you know how to tell if you have a "dry socket" ? I only had 2, and both were stitched up. In fact, the stitches just fell out after rinsing with saltwater. Is that normal?

One of them is really sore and seems to only have gotten worse (pain wise) since the surgery. But, i hear that it gets worse before it gets better...

Anyone have a similar experience?

Just had mine out on Friday.

NTers who have had them removed, do you know how to tell if you have a "dry socket" ? I only had 2, and both were stitched up. In fact, the stitches just fell out after rinsing with saltwater. Is that normal?

One of them is really sore and seems to only have gotten worse (pain wise) since the surgery. But, i hear that it gets worse before it gets better...

Anyone have a similar experience?

I had to have my stitches removed, but it was relatively soon after having it done. I hear dry socket is pretty unbearable.

I had to have my stitches removed, but it was relatively soon after having it done. I hear dry socket is pretty unbearable.

I had two done as well, one of them hurt way more than the other. It was my two bottom ones, the left was fine and the stitches came off by themselves no problem, and the right one was far more painful and i felt the stitches dangling til they eventually tore off.

If you had dry socket Im pretty sure you'd know it, it's incredibly painful/sensitive

i dont know wat dry sockets is, but im scared to get that wisdom tooth surgery. do they put u to sleep? cause i cant just look at my own blood & hear my my bones crunchin like that

i dont know wat dry sockets is, but im scared to get that wisdom tooth surgery. do they put u to sleep? cause i cant just look at my own blood & hear my my bones crunchin like that

I had two done as well, one of them hurt way more than the other. It was my two bottom ones, the left was fine and the stitches came off by themselves no problem, and the right one was far more painful and i felt the stitches dangling til they eventually tore off.

If you had dry socket Im pretty sure you'd know it, it's incredibly painful/sensitive

When I had mine done, the dentist said that the stitches will just fall out on their own. Can't say for sure if that applies to everybody though. And to ease the pain he just gave me a prescription for painkillers...made it much easier. And rinse often.

When I had mine done, the dentist said that the stitches will just fall out on their own. Can't say for sure if that applies to everybody though. And to ease the pain he just gave me a prescription for painkillers...made it much easier. And rinse often.

Originally Posted by eashawty

You can request it, I sure as hell did. It does cost quite a bite more though.  All 4 of mine were impacted though, I'm not about that life
laugh.gif

You can request it, I sure as hell did. It does cost quite a bite more though.  All 4 of mine were impacted though, I'm not about that life
laugh.gif

i got 1 crushed, 3 cut out....

i didnt take any pain meds

and i was eating the next day

as far as a dry socket, i think everyone who has them taken out is maid noided of a dry socket, but youll be okay...

i was having more pain before the surgery (my cheeks were being bitten by the wisdom teeth, and there were flaps of skin laying over the row of teeth, so everytime i ate or talked id be biting my cheek...so, once they were out, i didnt feel any pain whatsoever)

i got 1 crushed, 3 cut out....

i didnt take any pain meds

and i was eating the next day

as far as a dry socket, i think everyone who has them taken out is maid noided of a dry socket, but youll be okay...

i was having more pain before the surgery (my cheeks were being bitten by the wisdom teeth, and there were flaps of skin laying over the row of teeth, so everytime i ate or talked id be biting my cheek...so, once they were out, i didnt feel any pain whatsoever)

i was knocked out for mine. tooth was growing in sideways. they gave me dissolving stitches which is probably what you have since they came out so easily.

no prescribed painkillers OP?

oh c'mon bananas. suck it up.
you'll be fine.

take some vicodine if they gave it to you, otherwise some aleve will handle it.

should be better in about 3 to 4 days.

oh c'mon bananas. suck it up.
you'll be fine.

take some vicodine if they gave it to you, otherwise some aleve will handle it.

should be better in about 3 to 4 days.

i was knocked out for mine. tooth was growing in sideways. they gave me dissolving stitches which is probably what you have since they came out so easily.

no prescribed painkillers OP?

Well I choose to just stay awake for it. He basically just numbed my mouth completely for it and it was fine..you'll definitely feel the pulling and crunching but it isn't painful at all.

Well I choose to just stay awake for it. He basically just numbed my mouth completely for it and it was fine..you'll definitely feel the pulling and crunching but it isn't painful at all.

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

the doc said I need to get mine done, but I have no insurance so not getting it done

Can't really put that off, though...cause your wisdom teeth will start to rot and give you even more problems.

Back
Top Bottom