with 2020 is coming up, 2010's = meh decade? post memorable highlights.

6pac 6pac I have to add that it inspired all kinda drill movements in Europe from The UK, France, Sweden, Spain, etc.

Even tho they never made it into top tier superstar status, I probably have to put Keef and Big Soulja on the Mt. Rushmore of most influential to the recent generation in hip hop

Crazy full circle moment. Shout out to all those kids dead or in prison from that wave though.

Even tho they never made it into top tier superstar status, I probably have to put Keef and Big Soulja on the Mt. Rushmore of most influential to the recent generation in hip hop

Keef
Wayne
Thug
Soulja
Lil B (even though most of these kids don't even know it lol; I see how OG's felt now when it came to like Three 6 Mafia/Migos and that triplet flow)

>D what u talking bout b.

Supreme Clientele's production style became envogue, which basically influenced Jay-Z into making Blueprint, which in turn gave rise to Kanye West...and Kanye West produced da ENTIRE Be album.

Be might be my favorite album of all time. Flawless.

It's wild how Mannie and Three 6 was making the precursor to trap music in the 90's.

Arguably Timbo too.

they did it all before it became mainstream everywhere else.

they made so many beats they sample their own beats.

one of the classics

You caught up in the moment...

i swear im not, but then i actually decided to break it down and it didnt make it in the top 5.

i got

section.80
nothing was the same
yeezus
to pimp a butterfly
DS2 / barter 6

and then my next set of albums would be:

roddy ricch album, and then the rest:

slime season 3
rich gang tha tour pt 1
beast mode
monster
blue dream and lean
finally rich
flockaveli
daytona
life is good
44:4
Malibu
ANTI

i feel like I gotta put one of the lil durk tapes in here cuz his last 3-4 projects he been dropping after DefJam have been going crazy and he’s just killing every feature he’s hopping on as well

but yeah

roddy ricch album man. the album is a whole vibe. it’s really crafted like an album. so many different moods subjects and it gets you in that headspace, you can feel the setting of the album. there werent too many of those this past decade. all the top 5 albums I listed really captured you into that atmosphere.Roddy Ricch album does the same.

the dude did the Kanye Gospel **** better than Kanye’s whole gospel album. Roddy Ricch - War Baby, Im not even Christian and Im singing along to that church choir. ****ing beautiful.

all in all it reminds me of.. or should I say, if I were to describe it....

Roddy Ricch’s album is like if Young Thug made Section.80
and I love that.

Durk has been killing it lately

I feel like zip and a double cup was the birth of the juicy j we have today, that tape and everything he did with lex Luger was hard af.

he’s been in the game so long there is like 5 different juicy j’s.

there was old school memphis juicy, satanic heroin juicy, tear da club up juicy, then came stay high Grammy juicy, now we got party juicy but he’s slowly branching off into Taylor gang old man preaching to the broke boys juicy. :lol:

they did it all before it became mainstream everywhere else.

they made so many beats they sample their own beats.

one of the classics

Huge 36 fan and I love to see love for them, so sorry to be this guy. But credit starts with Spanish Fly, then Squeeky and Zirk (both of which 36 blatantly ripped off their early works). 36 eventually morphed into their own style, but they started off basically copying the OGs. But one thing I never expected was Juicy being this prolific and relevant now. That's 30 years straight, insane.

Last edited:
Huge 36 fan and I love to see love for them, so sorry to be this guy. But credit starts with Spanish Fly, then Squeeky and Zirk (both of which 36 blatantly ripped off their early works). 36 eventually morphed into their own style, but they started off basically copying the OGs. But one thing I never expected was Juicy being this prolific and relevant now. That's 30 years straight, insane.

This *****?

Please post more. Specially of the second dudes

Man I remember the first time I ever heard “don’t like”.

I was at a Gucci show, this was before Gucci was like he is now. It was straight grime time in there.

That song was hard af, especially hearing it through some club sound system that cost a couple hundred grand. I remember everyone going ham and not knowing who the hell Chief Keef was.

Gucci and waka shows used to be crazy as hell too. Waka is a genuinely nice dude, he’d be running through the crowd taking pics and asking to hit your weed. :lol:

I remember being at a HS basketball game and "Love Sosa" came on, maaaaaaaan those kids were legit in a trance. That song had those kids in spiritual bondage. I never seen a group of kids respond to a song like that in unison.

Keith was the voice of the teenagers during his peak.

I remember being at a HS basketball game and "Love Sosa" came on, maaaaaaaan those kids were legit in a trance. That song had those kids in spiritual bondage. I never seen a group of kids respond to a song like that in unison.

Keith was the voice of the teenagers during his peak.

Till this day Faneto and Earned It may end a party or since our generation all club aged now...start the fight that end the night. :lol:

This exact scenario happened to a house I was at in like 2015 at a party. Floor sunk and everything. Ion wanna

:pimp:

Durk has been killing it lately

I feel like zip and a double cup was the birth of the juicy j we have today, that tape and everything he did with lex Luger was hard af.

he’s been in the game so long there is like 5 different juicy j’s.

there was old school memphis juicy, satanic heroin juicy, tear da club up juicy, then came stay high Grammy juicy, now we got party juicy but he’s slowly branching off into Taylor gang old man preaching to the broke boys juicy. :lol:

the 2012 Juicy J show I been to was the most fun show i been to in my life, **** was a ****ing party and his breath control & all that was on point. he was performing frfr not just yelling on the mic. it was both the crowd and him in unison who made that **** dope. chief keef got bangers but from what i can see in vids, the crowd is going crazy based off of the music, and not keef’s performance skill level.

People doing videos in their grandma's kitchen

Solidified the ad lib and aggression centered style started with dudes like Gucci, Ross and Lil B; directly birthed styles of people like Carti

This song and that whole movement is what birthed commonplace phrases like thot, opps, savage, lacking/no lacking

Subconsciously ended all conscious/laid back/whatever u wanna call it music because now everyone has to have some type of 'hood'/street edge to them, since that record came out and that became what people looked at as representation of the youth (which guides everything in rap music)...Even *****s like Drake and Childish Gambino have gun bars. R&B singers have to be tough too.

Also probably the most direct father of mumble rap or whatever you wanna call it at this point; aside from Wayne, Future and Thug.

so “laid back/conscious” means you’re not edgy or street? WTF

Ya’ll gotta stop equating hood/street to equaling tough...

LOOK AT YALL FAVORITE ARTIST, Turkey69. Did he look street to you??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it man. This man said R&B dudes gotta be tough....

What’s tough about y’all gangly dudes, with purple or pink or red dreads, a man purse, and your boxer briefs 3/4 exposed.... thats tough?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dudes are soft and pie AF nowadays.... and you equating all this stuff to having toughness?? :lol: :rofl:

so “laid back/conscious” means you’re not edgy or street? WTF

Ya’ll gotta stop equating hood/street to equaling tough...

LOOK AT YALL FAVORITE ARTIST, Turkey69. Did he look street to you??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruh it never fails. You will find a way to bring that ***** up no matter what. :rofl:

Only ****** who be in the rap thread in Music will understand why this is so funny

Man relax. :lol:

Part of me wants to say that Gucci/Flocka/etc. whoever u have in mind didn't kill off the "soft rappers" like Keef kinda did

But then I remember Flockavelli directing influencing songs like HAM and Illest MF Alive. So IDK, you gotta point but I still think Keef kinda shifted the entire zeitgeist at once to everyone having to have some aspect of that energy in their raps, while no artist from the south that you can bring up really did that. Gucci in 06-08 didn't change what Ye, early Drake or Lupe was doing.

Keef is definitely a direct Flocka/Gucci spawn tho lol.

“Soft rappers” but you have Drake, Gunna and his Chanel purse, 69 with rainbow hair, Famous Dex and his anorexic body and purple hair? :lol: :rofl:

dudes are 100000000000x softer nowadays. Bruh, you a funny character.

“killed off soft rappers”..... when you got cats like Hoodrich Pablo Juan posting videos after getting his lunch money taken. Go on a lot of y’all new age rapper IGs and they crying or recording themselves after getting beat up.....

“Soft” :lol: :lol:

like what’s you’re definition of soft? Pleaseeeeee show me all
The soft rappers from past and present. And show me which rappers are the tough guys :lol: :lol:

Bruh it never fails. You will find a way to bring that ***** up no matter what. :rofl:

Only *****s who be in the rap thread in Music will understand why this is so funny

Man relax. :lol:

Answer my question bro. You said all the “soft” rappers got killed off by Gucci Mane. Or you just talking? I need answers

“Soft rappers” but you have Drake, Gunna and his Chanel purse, 69 with rainbow hair, Famous Dex and his anorexic body and purple hair? :lol: :rofl:

dudes are 100000000000x softer nowadays. Bruh, you a funny character.

“killed off soft rappers”..... when you got cats like Hoodrich Pablo Juan posting videos after getting his lunch money taken. Go on a lot of y’all new age rapper IGs and they crying or recording themselves after getting beat up.....

“Soft” :lol: :lol:

like what’s you’re definition of soft? Pleaseeeeee show me all
The soft rappers from past and present. And show me which rappers are the tough guys :lol: :lol:

Bruh what are you literally talking about

I'm just saying Chief Keef lead to ****** like Childish Gambino Drake rapping about FN's, savages and opps

All that other **** you talking about with Hoodrich wearing purses is some **** u gotta dm him about otherwise u arguing with yourself

speaking of chanel tho

Back
Top Bottom