With gas prices going up, how are you guys with Over Sized SUV's or V8's living through this?

keeping the rpm's under 2250 and using the overdrive gear as much as possible

was driving a tahoe during the last gas spike...$100 fill ups ftl

driving an e30 325 on this one...meh it is what it is...gotta get where im going

gotta pay to play

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Originally Posted by capricdragon

laugh.gif

knew a guy, kept talking and talking about buying a $65k-$75k car, but he kept whining about the 'likely higher cost of maintenance because its an expensive car'... or 'the gas mileage isn't very good'
I told him, if he's going to be penny-pinching when it comes to stuff like car maintenance or MPG, then he's better off buying some inexpensive Corolla or something.

same goes with the V8s and SUVs....  if you're gonna worry about the price of gas or if higher gas prices are going to drain your wallet, then don't buy a gas-guzzler.  Gas prices will always fluctuate up and down.  Unfortunately the upward fluctuation is always larger than the downward.  Gas will never be $1.00 a gallon or $2.00 a gallon.  If you're in the market to buy a new car, always keep that minor detail in mind.

If you currently own a V8 ~ SUV and the higher prices are killing your wallet, I say try carpooling.  Driving slower might work
laugh.gif

Gas was under $2 a gallon roughly 2 years ago.

Gas hasn't been $2.00/gallon in CA since the turn of the century

Word.
When the hell was gas $2 a gal?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Originally Posted by capricdragon

laugh.gif

knew a guy, kept talking and talking about buying a $65k-$75k car, but he kept whining about the 'likely higher cost of maintenance because its an expensive car'... or 'the gas mileage isn't very good'
I told him, if he's going to be penny-pinching when it comes to stuff like car maintenance or MPG, then he's better off buying some inexpensive Corolla or something.

same goes with the V8s and SUVs....  if you're gonna worry about the price of gas or if higher gas prices are going to drain your wallet, then don't buy a gas-guzzler.  Gas prices will always fluctuate up and down.  Unfortunately the upward fluctuation is always larger than the downward.  Gas will never be $1.00 a gallon or $2.00 a gallon.  If you're in the market to buy a new car, always keep that minor detail in mind.

If you currently own a V8 ~ SUV and the higher prices are killing your wallet, I say try carpooling.  Driving slower might work
laugh.gif

Gas was under $2 a gallon roughly 2 years ago.

Gas hasn't been $2.00/gallon in CA since the turn of the century

Word.
When the hell was gas $2 a gal?

I've had my tahoe for about 2-3 mths...Gas aint that bad on me I dont drive that much besides weekends. I had a Murano before that so I'm paying maybe 20-30bux more for fill up..I can ride a tank for about 1.5 weeks so I guess thats not that bad. Plus my job is like 10mins from my apt. My girl has a 4 cyl new altima so when we go out of town, we ride that. So im good. 

I've had my tahoe for about 2-3 mths...Gas aint that bad on me I dont drive that much besides weekends. I had a Murano before that so I'm paying maybe 20-30bux more for fill up..I can ride a tank for about 1.5 weeks so I guess thats not that bad. Plus my job is like 10mins from my apt. My girl has a 4 cyl new altima so when we go out of town, we ride that. So im good. 

09 Silverado...I live in KS and gas here is like $3.65/gal...$75 every time I fill it up...makes me a sad panda.
frown.gif

09 Silverado...I live in KS and gas here is like $3.65/gal...$75 every time I fill it up...makes me a sad panda.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

$30 got me 1/2 tank today�
mad.gif
I'm about to trade in my Mercury Sable and cop a Toyota Prius since I'm moving somewhere it doesn't snow�

17 MPG on the Prius? Really? I thought them joints do 50 MPG.

mad.gif
I'm about to trade in my Mercury Sable and cop a Toyota Prius since I'm moving somewhere it doesn't snow�

anybody thinking about doing something kinda radical . What do ya'll think about Electric bike? One can go 100 mph

anybody thinking about doing something kinda radical . What do ya'll think about Electric bike? One can go 100 mph

Originally Posted by stackz

mad.gif

He was gunnin it the whole time though. They should average atleast 30+ when driving "normally".

mad.gif

He was gunnin it the whole time though. They should average atleast 30+ when driving "normally".

if you cant afford to put gas in a motorcycle you need to re evaluate what you are doing with your life. 

if you cant afford to put gas in a motorcycle you need to re evaluate what you are doing with your life. 

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I used to drive a Camry Hybrid a lot and on average I always got about 37 MPG. Prius is supposed to be closer to mid forties I think.

I assume the Prius has a similar dash interface to the Camry Hybrid but there's a digital display that tells you how many miles you're getting to the gallon. When cruising it was always around 60, when flooring it it would drop to 8 MPG.

The demonstration in that video is pointless unless you're trying to show that cars use up gas when they go fast.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I used to drive a Camry Hybrid a lot and on average I always got about 37 MPG. Prius is supposed to be closer to mid forties I think.

I assume the Prius has a similar dash interface to the Camry Hybrid but there's a digital display that tells you how many miles you're getting to the gallon. When cruising it was always around 60, when flooring it it would drop to 8 MPG.

The demonstration in that video is pointless unless you're trying to show that cars use up gas when they go fast.

Spent $50 on gas today, filled barely over half the tank
sick.gif
, I drive like a grandma everywhere just to save gas
laugh.gif
, though I still only get 15.7mpg according to my display on my dash
30t6p3b.gif

I pretty much have to reduce all my driving to the bare minimum.

Spent $50 on gas today, filled barely over half the tank
sick.gif
, I drive like a grandma everywhere just to save gas
laugh.gif
, though I still only get 15.7mpg according to my display on my dash
30t6p3b.gif

I pretty much have to reduce all my driving to the bare minimum.

Back
Top Bottom