/////// Wiz Khalifa - Black & Yellow (Video) \\\\\\\

Keep in mind also that everybody isn't a crack dealing, Ralph Lauren wearing, name-their-son-after-a-clothing-line type of dude. A lot of people like Wiz because he's easy to relate to.

For real, I'm just a regular !@% black dude. I sell weed here and there, but I'm not in "the streets". Hell, I'm from a pretty nice area that's about 70% black, and most of the people I know are regular !@% black people who just like to act like their from the hood. I even went across country to an HBCU and ran into thousands of other regular !@% black people from decent places. I really like weed, though. And skeeos. And I dress fly so skeeos like me and my friends' steez, since we're just being regular !@% black people smokin weed and havin fun, not pretending like we're from the hood like alot of other lame !@% black people.

This is why I dig Wiz. He's doing him, not really trying to come across a certain way, but rather building an audience of people who feel where he's coming from.

Vado is cool, and he's good and all, but that's not who I relate to. The streets were cool and all when I was in HS and needed cred so I hung out with people from the hood, but the hood sucks. People's lives out there are not fun. I got a cousin that was doing it big for a little while, but he's just now getting out of jail, only been around his kid so many times in his life. Being a drug dealer to me stopped being cool once I stepped on a college campus.

The lifestyle Wiz presents seems to be way more laid back, fun, and problem free. Same with Curren$y. They seem to be chill dudes with real skill on the mic who are having fun without caring what people think. I like they're songs lyrically, and like the vibe their music gives off.

It's that simple.

who cares about relating to music

im open to any music as long as it get my head noddin nh and the flow is iight

i like wiz

but im a forever love the east coast ny crack rappers also

i dont relate to dipset/vado nor do i relate to hipster potheads like wiz/currency (well currency a sneakerhead like most of us or we were at a point hence why were on NT)

ppl take music too serious.

^I feel what you're sayin, and that's why I still listen to dipset/wu stuff etc.

But at the same time, I'm just stating why I dig Wiz.

Like I said, Vado is cool and all, but why listen to him when you got Meek Millz doing the same thing but better/realer?

i mean vado nice to me..............i dont really get caught up in the music forum debates you dudes go hard

i understand/get what ninjahood be sayin i just like to read
laugh.gif

these backpack hipster tree huggin weed head rappers like wiz are the future, ninjahood the 90s are over just let it go fam. you not gonna win these guys over

its all preference, i just like music period

take me for example, i got slime flu in heavy rotation right now........but im goin to a drake concert on thurs. this rnb *(& rapper. i mean he is good at what he does

wiz is good at what he does, vado is good at what he does, joe budden good at what he does.

at the end of the day support music you like, thats just how i feel. damn all that relate to ()&#$

nobody in here relates to kanye (&#$#, maybe you did when he first came out but not now.
laugh.gif

Lock this up already.

A lot of things have been established in here but none of them have anything to do with Vado or Wiz.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

stoop-kid.jpg

I swear Ninjahood is the Dominican stoop kid, son thinks the heights is representative of the whole world.
people don't listen to rap in da heights like that....shows how much you know.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

wiz is good at what he does, vado is good at what he does, joe budden good at what he does.

That's basically the point I'm making.

To me, Vado is way more "run of the mill" than Wiz.

I heard a bunch of Vado's before actually hearing a Vado song. Which is why I made that Meek Millz reference. Son is nice and seems alot more "hood" than Vado. Like Vado might be a cool guy in the hood, but Meek just seems like he'll rob Vado and crack jokes during the process.

The first time I heard a Wiz song, it was when Flight School was out and I didn't even like it. I thought he was just capitalizing off of the stuff I think is cool to pop, but then Burn After Rolling dropped and I felt where he was coming from.

I listened to the Boss of all Bosses series, and I felt Vado but was already used to a bunch of DC/Philly/New York rappers who sound just like him.

i believe there are different types of listeners... Al Audi u seem like just a casual listener...

music is serious... very serious for me... always has been even before i started creating... batteries dying in my cd player would ruin my entire day...

i listen to music as much as i can... if im not on the phone, at the store, etc... music is playing...

i dont have to be able to relate to it, it just has to sound good musically... im all for good lyrics but it has to be in a song format with a nice beat and hook...

a song is wack to me if everything isnt on point... some people dont think like that...

to each his own but music is life...

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

i dont have to be able to relate to it, it just has to sound good musically... im all for good lyrics but it has to be in a song format with a nice beat and hook...

ok then

so you like wiz and vado then

good at what they do.

i havent even heard any of vado's solo stuff... only heard him on them last couple cam tapes... i guess i should give slime flu a listen...

im all for good lyrics but it has to be in a song format with a nice beat and hook...

i dont subscribe to that....

rap songs don't NEED a format...

when your story tellin abilities are so sharp you can rap a story and it'll be just as or effective as a song wit a hook and verse.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

�im all for good lyrics but it has to be in a song format with a nice beat and hook...

when your story tellin abilities are so sharp you can rap a story and it'll be just as or effective as a song wit a hook and verse.
I gotta agree with da NinjaHood on this one...hip hop would be extremely boring imo if everything was hook, verse, hook, verse...that limits too much creativity. Some of the illest songs imo have been minus a hook.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

While Vado stays in NY can't sell out @#%% in his own city unless Cam is with him 
laugh.gif
He didnt even sell out Santos WITH Cam

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Cause NOBODY is checkin for dudes unless it's NT or NY.

But Ninjahood I agree w/ most of your other post, but the bias is soooooo strong it's pointless to argue with me which is why I asked for one legit Vado song that wasn't just a basic hook w/ a bunch of pointless bars I could easily hear from Lloyd Banks & Jae Millz.....and you have yet to give that to me. Ppl aren't into that trap/drug dealin music unless it's Gucci or Waka right now, more on that lifestyle music that you can actually relate to.

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

Originally Posted by ninjahood

�im all for good lyrics but it has to be in a song format with a nice beat and hook...

I gotta agree with da NinjaHood on this one...hip hop would be extremely boring imo if everything was hook, verse, hook, verse...that limits too much creativity. Some of the illest songs imo have been minus a hook.

Back
Top Bottom