Wiz Respectfully Declines to Join Drake's Tour

Yesterday night, Drake took to UStream took to speak on his upcoming Light Dreams and Nightmares tour. During the broadcast, Drizzy said he wanted Wiz Khalifa to join him and Clipse on their national outing next month. XXLMag.com just got off the phone with the Pittsburgh MC, who says, though he’s honored, he respectfully declines, due to his own solo Waken Baken tour kicking off at the same time.

“Just the fact of cuz even extending his hand and me being on his radar is tight, to me,

Yesterday night, Drake took to UStream took to speak on his upcoming Light Dreams and Nightmares tour. During the broadcast, Drizzy said he wanted Wiz Khalifa to join him and Clipse on their national outing next month. XXLMag.com just got off the phone with the Pittsburgh MC, who says, though he’s honored, he respectfully declines, due to his own solo Waken Baken tour kicking off at the same time.

“Just the fact of cuz even extending his hand and me being on his radar is tight, to me,

Smart move in my eyes. Make his own moves and continue buildin his own brand. Not ridin off the wave of another dude kinda sorta how Drake did. Dude wants to make his own name for himself.

Only other people I wanna see him tour wit is Spitta, DZA, & K.R.I.T. anyway.

Smart move in my eyes. Make his own moves and continue buildin his own brand. Not ridin off the wave of another dude kinda sorta how Drake did. Dude wants to make his own name for himself.

Only other people I wanna see him tour wit is Spitta, DZA, & K.R.I.T. anyway.

Aint mad @ Wiz. He should keep doing his own thing. For a long time to me he was getting ignored when all these other new school acts were getting hype. Then he goes and starts his own buzz and movement with a loyal fan base.

I can understand not stalling his tour to joins Drake's. Wiz could always join him on the next one.

Aint mad @ Wiz. He should keep doing his own thing. For a long time to me he was getting ignored when all these other new school acts were getting hype. Then he goes and starts his own buzz and movement with a loyal fan base.

I can understand not stalling his tour to joins Drake's. Wiz could always join him on the next one.

As far as the money. He's an idiot.

As far as his branding and what he's doing right now. He's a genius.

Wiz is definitely doing the damn thing. Turned down Maybach Music, the Jets (currensy) and Drake. Can't be mad. Dude is carving his own lane. No hate in that at all.

Wiz is definitely doing the damn thing. Turned down Maybach Music, the Jets (currensy) and Drake. Can't be mad. Dude is carving his own lane. No hate in that at all.

smart move imo although going on the drake tour would have helped him if he already has his own stuff booked it would have looked bad to just cancel

smart move imo although going on the drake tour would have helped him if he already has his own stuff booked it would have looked bad to just cancel

What are you talking about? He didn't turn down Maybach Music. He said he'll shout them out and everything but as far as getting the MM logo put on his album and future releases, Atlantic wasn't going to let that fly. Turned down Jets? Taylor Gang was its crew with his boys from back home. Why would he break that up to be down with the Jets?

What are you talking about? He didn't turn down Maybach Music. He said he'll shout them out and everything but as far as getting the MM logo put on his album and future releases, Atlantic wasn't going to let that fly. Turned down Jets? Taylor Gang was its crew with his boys from back home. Why would he break that up to be down with the Jets?

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

I disagree: I think he losses in all aspects...
Only his cult following are going to come to his show...

He tours with Drake, he opens up his music to a vast audience...

%*** if one person a night walks away from a concert saying "Damn that skinny N with the tattoos is dope" that's a W right there...

Plus: The bread + groupies on a Drake tour >>> the bread + groupies on his own %***...

%*** if one person a night walks away from a concert saying "Damn that skinny N with the tattoos is dope" that's a W right there...

Plus: The bread + groupies on a Drake tour >>> the bread + groupies on his own %***...

Originally Posted by Dapper D

In the short run: YES
In the long run: NO

Wiz has a nice buzz. Rock the Bells. His own headlining tour. And another album. He'll be better off doing this instead of just being the guy on Drake's tour and more relevant for a small 12 months

Back
Top Bottom