Wizard fans -- taking it back to 2008 -- Read, WEEP, RESPOND!

Originally Posted by EZ Primo

Leonsis cares a great deal for the team.... He is at every single home game... As minority owner, he convinced Abe Polin to get Jordan to be GM of the team.... thought it would be a good look for the city...On his blog teds take, he is always commenting on his teams... 

In my opinion, John Wall is a near bust for the Wizards... I feel like he did not work on his game over the summer and his shooting percentage is proof on that... What can improve his game? Maybe getting a better cast around him... Thats why Grunfeld needs to go....  I can't believe we have nothing to show for the 5th pick we had a couple years ago...

Blatche and Mcgee have so much potential...... sad thing is we will never see their upside as a wizard/bullet...

My idea is to get a veteran coach to teach this young group the basics... My preference would be Jerry Sloan (I know he's old)... we just need to find a malone for our wall/stockton... Lets get the pick and roll going...

Our city needs a winner.... tired of living in loserville....
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 Are you trolling? 

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

sums up our season, doesn't it?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 C'mon man, we won that. I was dying when I saw it though.

I don't know if it's just me, but Wall's shooting actually has been looking decent, and better than last season. He's been smart about his 3-point selection too; i.e. don't shoot it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

sums up our season, doesn't it?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 C'mon man, we won that. I was dying when I saw it though.

I don't know if it's just me, but Wall's shooting actually has been looking decent, and better than last season. He's been smart about his 3-point selection too; i.e. don't shoot it. 
laugh.gif
It is just you. 
[table][tr][th="col"]Shot Locations[/th][th="col"]At Rim[/th][th="col"]3-9 Feet[/th][th="col"]10-15 Feet[/th][th="col"]16-23 Feet[/th][th="col"]Threes[/th][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th="col"]Player Name[/th][th="col"]Yr[/th][th="col"]Tm[/th][th="col"]Pos[/th][th="col"]GP[/th][th="col"]Min[/th][th="col"]M[/th][th="col"]A[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][th="col"]%As[/th][th="col"]M[/th][th="col"]A[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][th="col"]%As[/th][th="col"]M[/th][th="col"]A[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][th="col"]%As[/th][th="col"]M[/th][th="col"]A[/th][th="col"]FG%[/th][th="col"]%As[/th][th="col"]M[/th][th="col"]A[/th][th="col"]eFG%[/th][th="col"]%As[/th][/tr][tr][td]John Wall[/td][td]2011[/td][td]WAS[/td][td]PG[/td][td]69[/td][td]37.7[/td][td]3.2[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]59.9[/td][td]22.5[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]30.5[/td][td]25.0[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]28.0[/td][td]28.6[/td][td]1.2[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]30.0[/td][td]18.6[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]44.4[/td][td]76.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]John Wall[/td][td]2012[/td][td]WAS[/td][td]PG[/td][td]24[/td][td]35.8[/td][td]3.5[/td][td]6.1[/td][td]57.8[/td][td]23.5[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]23.3[/td][td]10.0[/td][td]0.2[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]29.4[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]25.0[/td][td]15.4[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]12.5[/td][td]100.0[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by EZ Primo

Leonsis cares a great deal for the team.... He is at every single home game... As minority owner, he convinced Abe Polin to get Jordan to be GM of the team.... thought it would be a good look for the city...On his blog teds take, he is always commenting on his teams... 

In my opinion, John Wall is a near bust for the Wizards... I feel like he did not work on his game over the summer and his shooting percentage is proof on that... What can improve his game? Maybe getting a better cast around him... Thats why Grunfeld needs to go....  I can't believe we have nothing to show for the 5th pick we had a couple years ago...

Blatche and Mcgee have so much potential...... sad thing is we will never see their upside as a wizard/bullet...

My idea is to get a veteran coach to teach this young group the basics... My preference would be Jerry Sloan (I know he's old)... we just need to find a malone for our wall/stockton... Lets get the pick and roll going...

Our city needs a winner.... tired of living in loserville....
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 Are you trolling? 

The reason I say John Wall is a near bust for the Wizards is because if his production doesn't pick up and the team doesn't get better what makes us think John Wall would want to stay a Wizard?

IMO Wall not being a Wizard in the future = a bust pick.....

With the way the CBA is structured...Wall would be best served to maximize his earnings by re-upping. And even if he didn't for some reason...he'd still be restricted...meaning we could match whatever offers out there. At worst...he'd do a Kevin Love like deal and re-up for 3/4 years with an option to opt out if he doesn't like where the franchise is headed.

It's only year 2 under a new regime...as dismal as things have been...there is no need for Wizards fans to believe the sky is falling yet. History shows that when a team is in rebuilding mode...there is a usually a 3-5 year window until things are turned around. And that's IF it's done correctly.

Anyone who thought Leonsis was going to take over the franchise and have them competitive in year 2 got ahead of themselves.

I expected this season to go the way it has (I'm on record predicting them to be worst team in the league before the year started in the Sports Forum).

Young, dysfunctional team that had 2 weeks to prepare for a season with a locker room full of headcases.

Rome was NOT built in a day.

The biggest question I have is whether Leonsis is going to trust Grunfeld to re-shape the team...because he has DONE nothing to prove that he's worthy of such. We have one bad contract on this team and that's Blatche...and the amount we still owe him is relatively low in comparison to some other dismal contracts out there around the league. Some dumb GM will bite on him and he'll be moved...I hope. Worst case scenario...we amnesty him after this year. And I use the term "worst" loosely because any scenario involving him not being on the team is a plus...but I'd still rather get him off the books completely. Rashard can be bought out after this year.

I'm prepared to deal w/ the ++@%%%@+ for the rest of this season. I'm already looking ahead to June. I need for Anthony Davis or MKG to be in a Wizard uniform.

That's not the impression I get. I don't know if he's as hands on basketball wise as Abe was but in the past couple of years he's done a good job at establishing a relationship between ownership and the fan base. He seems to be following this modern owner's model of establishing a presence in the public eye (like Cuban). With the open Q&A he did w/ the fans a couple years ago and other comments he's made since then...it certainly seems like he "cares". Whether all that was for show or not...I don't know, but he certainly hasn't come off as someone who doesn't care that much about the team. He seems intent on re-designing the team's identity the same way he did w/ the Caps and that would only add more $$$ to his pockets. Rome wasn't built in a day and considering the state of the team was in when he purchased it...I'm not sure what people are expecting from him this early on. I'd have like to see him clean house with the Front Office but I can't fault him for at least giving them a shot. They failed...so I'd like to see Grunfeld out next. 

You made my point. He cares about the brand, not the product. He put all his energy into making the new uniforms and bring back "new traditions" that relate to the old Bullets fans, which in turn made $$ for the Wizards. But the Wizards arent a profitable team and that goes back to the product on the court. Leonsis doesnt have an influence in that area and thats where we need help most.

@EZ Primo Leonsis is not at every home... his owner suite is always empty or used by his friends/family. In the past 7 home games, he only attended the Celtics and Heat games.

This story should have started with Mr DC Blanche and then Raw Lewis who aint been sh4t since Seattle but overpaid..

Wall I would keep

Mcghee can go....

Slim, were you EVER at a game at the Capital Center?

You may think you preaching to the choir, but this organization is the pits, bottom line, historically.  And it starts from the top, and always has, no matter WHO has been GM.

And recent AND past history says we'll remain at "square 1" for another 30 years.  I been around faithfully last 30, not sure if I'm sticking around for another 30...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Slim, were you EVER at a game at the Capital Center?

You may think you preaching to the choir, but this organization is the pits, bottom line, historically.  And it starts from the top, and always has, no matter WHO has been GM.

And recent AND past history says we'll remain at "square 1" for another 30 years.  I been around faithfully last 30, not sure if I'm sticking around for another 30...

My dad has been a ticket holder since my inception. I might have been at more games at the cap center than you have.My point is...rebuilding a team doesnt take a year or two. Especially if you arent in some top tier market.

^
Well if that's the case and 100% truth then I don't see where your faithfulness is coming from.

(Just reading) you make it sound like we aint been in this position 26 of the last 30 years.

Given who's in power, and moves (and lack of moves) currently, "Rome wasn't built in a day" theory can't apply to this franchise.

But I guess you really gotta be a Skins or Bullets fan to "get it".

God bless your father. Real talk.

I dont know where to start but it just gets tiresome being a fan of local professional teams.-Wizs, Skins, Nats, Caps. I saw Sportscenter and the Wizards had two out of ten bad plays of the day/week and it was embarassing. Professional Sports in this area is at a all time low. You can not claim to rebuild a team for over a decade, after a while it seems like all excuses. My little girl watched the Superbowl and she said " When are the ******** gonna start winning? I told her in three years. When I am watching the NBA finals I will have to tell the same white lie about the Wizards.
Just had to vent.

I guess im the only one who hates nick young hes always shootin terrible jump shots all over the court smh like i cant stand his shot selection at all hes not a bum he just need to attack the basket more and yea we need to def get back to the winning days(gilbert,jaminson,butler,hughes) playoffs etc

We need to give wall until trade deadline or summer 2013 before we trade him. After that he'll start to lose value blatche, young, mcgee (the holy trinity of potential that gets you fired) needs to be hung from the washington monument. Lewis is gone the day after the season ends. Grunfeld needs to be "fredo'd" and we need to pray we end up with anthony davis' "where the wild things are lookin self" maybe use our top 3 pick and young/blatche/mcgee to trade up if necessry and we need a. Locker room presence of kg or someone who will smack the bejeezus out of wall for goin 1-on-4. Out of the whole roster the only ones who should be kept are wall,singleton, vesely and maybe young or crawford but I think both should probably go

Count me as wizards fan number 12, 13, 14? I dont know.

Definitely disagree in trading wall and Mcgee. I have been disappointed that wall hasnt picked up his perimeter shooting but i just feel it has something to do with the coach. Randy definitely needs to go next year and we need someone like Doc rivers to scream at these dudes. I just feel there is no motivation in most of the team. What i do love about wall is he brings the energy every game and i can see he tries, we cannot lose this kid, he's an all star caliber player and a bright spot in what the franchise could become. Mcgee is also someone that has great potential, he needs to bulk up and start playing to his strengths versus as mentioned above, trying to make 10 foot dunks. He can become a nasty player in the paint if he hones in on what hes best at, blocking shots and rebounding. I believe we have a nice young foundation right now that could make us a playoff team. I truly believe wall, mcgee, young, booker, and vesely can be our future. I think Jan was a good pick and he definitely adds to the defense we have seen in flashes. As soon as we get some more continuity, we can be a defensive monster of a team. Again we need a coach that taps into them and for god sakes teach them some fundamentals, we look like chickens with are heads cut off sometimes. Other than that i agree with the other moves, cutting blatche, firing ernie. Its been another tough season to watch but i gotta say there's been a good amount of times during this season where i enjoy watching the players we have. Go wiz.

at least they are not as bad as the ********
I do agree with cutting or trading headcases like andrey, mcvgee

We finally got rid of McGee and Young..... to get Nene out of it is a win to me... I would've given those jokers away for free 
pimp.gif

Not to act like I'm a GM...

But when I was SCREAMING at this team to let Nick go, and just sign a hungry guy like him for the minimum (GERALD GREEN WAS #1 ON MY LIST), I got clowned.

Now look.

I wonder if these kats KNOW basketball players or scout.

NeNe has a big (but reasonable and trade-friendly) contract.  I don't see him being a Wizard for long.

not a wizards fan, but i have watched a lot of their games over the years. John Wall and Trevor Booker are the only players on the team worth keeping. this is only Wall's 2nd year and he is already a top ten point guard in the league. Look at his numbers 17 ppg, 8 apg, 5 rpg, 1.3 spg and 1 blk per game. Wall is a terrible 3 point shooter, but he doesnt shoot them often, he only shot 22 of them so far this season, but his overall fg is 43% which is good. if he had some decent shooters around him he would probably average over 12 assist per game.
The rest of the wizards are garbage, everyone else is shooting below 38% fg. They should either cut or traded away everyone else on the team. and i feel like they could have got a lot more for Mcgee and nick young. Nene is ok, but 13ppg and 7 rpg are not good starting pf numbers. Fire the GM too...

I'm good with the trade. I'm one of the few fans of McGee who thinks, even now, that with a coach who could instill discipline he'll be a problem, but digress.

He wasn't going to resign here. Neither was Young, who didn't want to come back this year, so getting value like Nene out of them two, as well as a pick was pretty good.

There was an article a couple weeks ago speaking about how many assist opps Wall's team mates cost him, and it was on average of I believe 4.

So Wall should be kept. Hire a good coach (Prays to God for Nate McMillan), START BOOKER FROM THIS POINT ON. Hopefully get lucky in the draft... We'll be aight.

Oh and fire Grunfield.

Honestly the Wizards should just hope to get a good draft pick by now. There's too much talent that could be coming out next year. Think about it, MKG/Anthony Davis/Andre Drummond/Thomas Robinson with Wall and maybe Nene if we don't trade him. We'd have a pretty decent team next year, granted we'd still need to get a bench that isn't made up of just Rookies and 2nd-3rd year players.

As long as management doesn't do something stupid like draft Austin Rivers whos basically a Nick Young clone or we end up getting a top 10 pick instead of a top 5 pick in the lottery, this years draft could look promising.

/\ Austin Rivers a Nick Young clone? Don't want Austin but that comparison isn't accurate at all. He's an undersized two in the OJ Mayo mold. Nick Young has prototypical size/athleticism. He's just a moron. 

I just need for these dudes not to screw up the ping pong balls at this point.

Keep losing. I need MKG or Davis. The team has no time to wait on Drummond to develop. Got enough projects on the team.

Since we're on the talks of the Draft

MKG is reportedly heading back to Kentucky next year. Complete bummer.

Davis will NOT dominate in the league. I'm sorry, I'm not sold on the kid.

I would like the Wizards to bring in Thomas Robinson, but I'm not sure he could play the 3. If he can then
pimp.gif

If Terrence Jones comes out I think he'd be a great player for the Wizards, though taking him at number 2 (mock draft) could be a reach.

And then there's Harrison Barnes... who I'd only like to see here depending who our coach is next year.

Back
Top Bottom