Women don't like to be called maam

So yeah I called a woman about 40 maam and she kind of lost it on me. She was definitely offended by this. I was informed the proper word to use is Ms. Did not know.. mind blown lol

Why do woman get offended by being called maam?

yeah i've caught some venom from black women for calling them ma'am before too... i have absolutely no idea why it hits some women so hard lol

Because you made her feel old.

There's nothing wrong with addressing an older woman as ma'am...

its probably cause it makes them sound old. Some women don't want to be considered older than what they are or old at all. Not to play the race card, but I noticed this a lot in white women.

she probably wanted the D until you called her ma'am :nerd:

Last edited:
Real **** I always call older women miss. This older caucasian woman i work with said that its disrespectful to call a woman ma'am and they prefer ms.

every female that looks like she is in her 40's to me I call her ma'am lol..guess ill stop now

One because it may make a woman feel older. And two, because in this day and age, manners are typically lost on the younger generations, what you deemed courteous and respectful, she probably found condescending and pretentious.

I've called female customers at my job mam every single time.

Have yet to have one go off on me.

Maybe it's the mocha skin?

One because it may make a woman feel older. And two, because in this day and age, manners are typically lost on the younger generations, what you deemed courteous and respectful, she probably found condescending and pretentious.

this sounds about right. It's crazy though because I intended to show respect and it backfired

I dont like being called sir.

I work retail and one day i asked this dude if he needed help and he said "no sir". **** hit me too hard. From that day on i realized that I was considered old or atleast a recognized adult.

im only 22 though

I've called women at most of my jobs maam. Never once have I had one take offense to it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom