***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

WNBA draft taking place now. Glad to see Shakira Austin go 3rd to the Mystics.

I hope Jackson State player, Ameysha Holliday gets drafted. Been 19 years since an HBCU athlete has been drafted and JSU team proved they could hang with the big dogs during march madness.

D091B6B9-DFC1-4284-B811-7214909653E8.jpeg

Burrell to LA. 🔥 Pretty sure at last time we drafted a Lady Vol, we won a championship a few years later. 🤙

-foe

Fever got a really solid draft class, Destanni can replace that backup guard spot since Kysre gone. I just hope teams play their rooks this season

The Te'a Cooper discourse is weird. We all know why people are mad. This is a garbage tweet, like why do this.

As a sports professional you gotta be better than this.

This was always going to be a byproduct of WNBA getting more popular. Favourtism towards the fine ones by the public.

T’ea cooper waived wow, didn’t they extend her this year too smh
Gave her a new deal in January. This ship is slowly sinking. At this point, the league has to stop comparing salaries to the NBA and start guilt tripping women into watching the sport.

Chiney's idea is cool but if the men's G League attendance isn't the greatest, how would they be able to sustain a women's G League as far as fan support goes?

Maybe outside the box ideas like men's/women's doubleheaders would help there? Something where you already have ppl in attendance who might say "hmmm, lemme check this women's game out since I'm already here".

Also, I remember reading last year that the salary structure in the WNBA mainly benefits the vets to the point where it may need to be revisited. I wish I could remember where bc the article also explained how and why it's so difficult for younger talent to latch on.

Back
Top Bottom