***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

I haven't yet watched the entire game but I think after being up 5-0 and the Mystics going on a 10-0 run, the Fever never got close to having the lead again. 15 point lead at halftime and It was 15-20 point lead most of the rest of the way.

CC really had that statline and the Fever still lost?

HiPs is diabolical.

Half of that line came in the 4th quarter after they were down 21.

Sides started Hull over Smith. Mystics got every offensive rebound sinceHull can’t crash the boards like Smith putting them in a hole early. AB got in foul trouble and never got into rhythm.

BIG CAIT tried to will them back. Sides can’t coach and didn’t go to her on the final possession.

Heartbreaker of a loss coming off of that big Liberty win.

On 77% TS% too, sheesh.

The 8 stocks is crazy too given how much commentary there’s been on her defensive abilities (or claimed lack thereof).
Her defense is definitely bad. She dies on screens and gets caught ball watching, but she’s a rookie.

Her defense is definitely bad. She dies on screens and gets caught ball watching, but she’s a rookie.

I wouldn’t call it definitively bad. She’s def a rook, but she makes some good defensive plays.

It’d be foolhardy to expect her to be blowing up screens and strapping up other teams’ best players when she has to conserve some energy to orchestrate their offense.

The ball watching — much like some of her turnovers — can and should improve in time. But she’s not exactly getting hunted (successfully) on defense.

I wouldn’t call it definitively bad. She’s def a rook, but she makes some good defensive plays.

It’d be foolhardy to expect her to be blowing up screens and strapping up other teams’ best players when she has to conserve some energy to orchestrate their offense.

The ball watching — much like some of her turnovers — can and should improve in time. But she’s not exactly getting hunted (successfully) on defense.
She’s net a bad defender right now :lol:. All the other stuff you added I didn’t really say. Didn’t say she can’t improve either. I’ve watched pretty much every game she’s played so far and twice in person. She’s not a good defender right now. The team in general defenders pretty poorly too.

Even Westbrook feels embarrased. At least with him it was only his teammates helping him get those hollow triple doubles

rondo-reading.gif

How you calling for the ball up 10 points and tryna keep streak alive with 7 seconds left and get fouled

Ricky Davis jr

Back
Top Bottom