***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

At the end of the day Paige shouldn't have handed the ball to Muhl, I don't care if that's the play, you have to work and with 9 seconds left you are better off starting with the ball in Paige's hands rather than Muhl. With that said, I still blame Edwards. Her missed free throws, blown layup and terrible defense on Sthulke was inexcusable for a WNBA top 5 pick. Sthulke cooked her with the same move. The call at the end wouldn't have matter if Edwards played remotely decent. Stars have to be stars in big games and Edwards and Paige were too causual.

Both angles on the broadcast were very UCONN friendly, but still a tight call. Plenty of bad decisions and messy play on both sides at the end, but them kids sure can play.

That screen was both a foul as a moving screen— as that lower body slowmo replay showed —and an illegal screen for the chicken wing, which Marshall sold well.

I almost feel bad for the Iowa women now where this win will be overshadowed by what was the right call (admittedly at the absolute wrong/worst time). Caitlin’s supporting cast hit some big, big shots and UCONN failed to capitalize on their elite defense in that first half. Overall an entertaining game and I can’t wait for Sunday.

Yes Marshall was playing her tight but felt like Paige was way too willing to defer and watch for most of the game.
Word. Hate when stars do this in major moments. Naw you’re the star go be the star :smh:. I don’t like her but gotta respect Clark she WANTS the ball when the games on the line.

Caitlin and Paige will likely never escape comparisons for the rest of the careers, but it was interesting to see the contrast in their two games last night. Caitlin plays like Steph with the otherworldly shooting ability and incredible handle + passing. Paige is a bit more all-around while still being an absolute bucket, but less time on the ball. A bit more Kawhi-like.

We’re fortunate to be able to watch these two play at the same time and I hope they develop into a great rivalry at the next level too.

But at the end of the day you can’t be setting those Draymond type screens. The screen/pick has gotten away from what it originally was. You’re not supposed to move but nowadays players are contortionist, sticking out legs/hips/arms etc, sliding left to right. Back in the day it was arms down and you can’t move like at all.

EYE like Caitlin and but want Dawn and South Carolina to finish their story.

Hopefully IT is a sports entertaining game.

Back
Top Bottom