***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

I'm a militant atheist. Dawn ain't hurting anyone with her beliefs. We gotta let her cook.
I’m not an atheist and still don’t believe that God cares about basketball. That God favors one team over another. That someone else’s prayers are better, so they are favored.

Side note: I love what's happening to women's basketball, growing in popularity, big name after big name after big name making headlines.
I told people from the beginning that women's basketball is just a few decades behind men's basketball in terms of growth.
WNBA just started in 1997, decades after the NBA. Give he WNBA some time and let it grow.
#happening

WCBB > MCBB easily.

WNBA Finals been more sports entertaining than the NBA Finals the last few years too.

Love seeing how far the Women's basketball has come.

I’m not an atheist and still don’t believe that God cares about basketball. That God favors one team over another. That someone else’s prayers are better, so they are favored.
Right, but that was/is her moment.
I remember one time someone asked Ray Allen about his god given ability to shoot a basketball or something like that, and he was quick to reply something like what you said, something like what I believe. He said something to the effect of "God? I shoot thousands of shots a day."
I was like "Yes!!! Can we please get more people saying that kind of stuff?"
🤣😂

I don’t think you understand. Dawn’s not saying she prayed harder than anyone else and that’s why they won.

What if she got up there and the first people she thanked were her parents, for giving her strength and believing in her? Would that be an issue? Her parents didn’t put in the work. For people of faith like Dawn, God can provide “strength” or inspire resiliency that motivates them to keep going.

It may not be for you, but let Dawn say her peace. Definitely put herself on the pantheon of college coaches today.

Congrats to SC

Sports bars looking like the reaction to the OJ Simpson verdict right now...

4ca54e996ce24.image.jpg
Bruh….:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t think you understand. Dawn’s not saying she prayed harder than anyone else and that’s why they won.

What if she got up there and the first people she thanked were her parents, for giving her strength and believing in her? Would that be an issue? Her parents didn’t put in the work. For people of faith like Dawn, God can provide “strength” or inspire resiliency that motivates them to keep going.

It may not be for you, but let Dawn say her peace. Definitely put herself on the pantheon of college coaches today.
Disagreement does not equal misunderstanding. I am a woman of faith, just with a different perspective, which is why there are so many denominations.

Anywho, congrats again to Dawn and SC. Now I have to remember not ignore my alarm for tickets tomorrow.

Side note: I love what's happening to women's basketball, growing in popularity, big name after big name after big name making headlines.
I told people from the beginning that women's basketball is just a few decades behind men's basketball in terms of growth.
WNBA just started in 1997, decades after the NBA. Give he WNBA some time and let it grow.
#happening
Word….Mike was well on his way to goat status when the W arrived. My son’s high school has 2 really good players. Both offered scholarships already and they’re just sophomores and there is another sophomore close by that plays on the U16 U.S. team. Love when I get a chance to check them out.

Caitlin is such a great player but im glad SC won. Maya Moore still the greatest womens player ive ever seen.
ADVERTISEMENT
Maya, Candace Parker, Stewie and Cheryl Miller
were all getting overlooked and lowkey disrespected in a lot of these discussions these last few weeks.

Caitlyn is a legend and one of the greatest we've ever seen in the men and womens game in college, probably the greatest shooter/scorer, but I hope the recency bias dies down a little when it comes to GOAT debates/discussions :lol:

WCBB > MCBB easily.

WNBA Finals been more sports entertaining than the NBA Finals the last few years too.

Love seeing how far the Women's basketball has come.
All of this is true. I remember watching the inaugural season of the W and the quality is amazing. Before Jokic became who he is, I had consistently stated that A’Ja Wilson is one of the most talented bigs in all of basketball. The skill in the W is really amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
Maya, Candace Parker, Stewie and Cheryl Miller
were all getting overlooked and lowkey disrespected in a lot of these discussions these last few weeks.

Caitlyn is a legend and one of the greatest we've ever seen in the men and womens game in college, probably the greatest shooter/scorer, but I hope the recency bias dies down a little when it comes to GOAT debates/discussions :lol:

Please don't forget my Nastee GOAT! :emoji_hugging:

Your right though, Caitlin is nice but she isn't on the pantheon of those other players yet.

You can add hating *** DT, Sue, Sheryl, Lisa, A'ja etc.

Caitlin has definitely uplifted the college game, hopefull she can do the same in the W.

I'm curious to see what becomes of the Indiana Fever in 3 years.
Candidly, they will elite. I think they are probably one draft away from being really good. Boston, Clark plus potentially adding another top 10 pick, they will be amazing

Allright season over, cant wait for Cameron Brink on the Sparks, hopefully she figures out how not to be in foul trouble, but letttss ggoooo!

Back
Top Bottom