***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Nancy Liberman is a beauty from my hometown . I wish she got mentioned more recently when discussions are brought up. She was every bit as good as Sue Bird and Dawn Staley was as a players

Timing.

The previous generations gave her props because they were around to see her. Unfortunately not too much footage (high quality) is around of her In her prime.

Also, much like the NBA, The WNBA could be doing a better job highlighting the stars of the past. I know Liberman-Kline's prime came before the WNBA she is still an important figure in the women's game.

:frown: Damn... I was hoping she'd play one more year after missing the last half of the season and the playoffs last year due to injury.

Anyway, what a great career Candice had on both the college and professional levels. It was great watching her win a title with the Sparks, but it was even better watching her shut her critics up by going home and winning a title with the Sky.

Legend :pimp:, top 5 All-Time for me

Hope she gets to enjoy retirement, game's gonna miss her. I'm sure she'll be involved as ever though in the media as the game grows and really explodes over the next few years

Throwing an insert during halftime of a game takes nothing.

Content being thrown on the Social Media accounts and official website takes nothing.
Unfortunately it does. The content is created and that costs. I think fans think that TV productions are a lot more simple than they actually are as well.

But anyways, they have enough on their plate right now trying to focus on promotion of the current stars.

Making a POST on Social Media that involves a historic fact or highlighting a historic player costs money?

A quick, "This Day in WNBA History" while coming back from a commercial costs money?

Talk to me like I'm an idiot and explain how this costs anything. Legit asking because I don't know.

Making a POST on Social Media that involves a historic fact or highlighting a historic player costs money?

A quick, "This Day in WNBA History" while coming back from a commercial costs money?

Talk to me like I'm an idiot and explain how this costs anything. Legit asking because I don't know.
There are people whose jobs that these are to do these things. That’s about as simple of an explanation that you can get.

And the telecasts isn’t decided by the league — the broadcast partners controls the telecasts.

So the broadcast partners are dropping the ball on features they could and should be broadcasting, like highlighting previous greats during timeouts and commercial cut-ins.

EYE think a bigger problem in highlighting the past is the fact that some of their all time great franchises have folded.

Houston Comets
Sacramento Monarchs
Detroit Shock
Charlotte Sting

Back
Top Bottom