World Cup Group "G" and "H" Discussion Thread. Ivory Coast v Portugal Tuesday June 15, 10 AM ET ESPN

[h4]Group G[/h4][table][tr][th=""]
Team
[/th][th=""]Pld[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""]T
[/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]GF[/th][th=""]GA[/th][th=""]GD[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
 Brazil[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png
 Korea DPR[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Cote_d%27Ivoire.svg.png
 Côte d'Ivoire[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
 Portugal[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]
[h4]Group H
[/h4]
[table][tr][td][table][tr][th=""]
Team
[/th][th=""]Pld[/th][th=""]W[/th][th=""]T
[/th][th=""]L[/th][th=""]GF[/th][th=""]GA[/th][th=""]GD[/th][th=""]Pts[/th][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
 Spain[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
20px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
 Switzerland[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png
 Honduras[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]
22px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png
 Chile[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table]Group G[tr][td]Match[/td][td]Date Time(ET)[/td][td]Venue[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Results[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]15/06 10:00[/td][td]Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth [/td][td] [/td][td]Côte d'Ivoire[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Portugal[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]15/06 14:30[/td][td]Johannesburg - JEP[/td][td] [/td][td]Brazil[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Korea DPR[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]20/06 14:30[/td][td]Johannesburg - JSC[/td][td] [/td][td]Brazil[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Côte d'Ivoire[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]21/06 07:30[/td][td]Cape Town [/td][td] [/td][td]Portugal[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Korea DPR[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]45[/td][td]25/06 10:00[/td][td]Durban [/td][td] [/td][td]Portugal[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Brazil[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]46[/td][td]25/06 10:00[/td][td]Nelspruit [/td][td] [/td][td]Korea DPR[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Côte d'Ivoire[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

[table]Group H[tr][td]Match[/td][td]Date Time(ET)[/td][td]Venue[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]Results[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]16/06 07:30[/td][td]Nelspruit [/td][td] [/td][td]Honduras[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Chile[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]16/06 10:00[/td][td]Durban [/td][td] [/td][td]Spain[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Switzerland[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]31[/td][td]21/06 10:00[/td][td]Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth [/td][td] [/td][td]Chile[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Switzerland[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]32[/td][td]21/06 14:30[/td][td]Johannesburg - JEP[/td][td] [/td][td]Spain[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Honduras[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]47[/td][td]25/06 14:30[/td][td]Tshwane/Pretoria [/td][td] [/td][td]Chile[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Spain[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]48[/td][td]25/06 14:30[/td][td]Mangaung / Bloemfontein [/td][td] [/td][td]Switzerland[/td][td]Background[/td][td]Honduras[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

There's an official world cup thread as well as several official threads for specific teams in the world cup. ask yourself do we really need group oriented world cup threads?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

There's an official world cup thread as well as several official threads for specific teams in the world cup. ask yourself do we really need group oriented world cup threads?
indifferent.gif
If you went in the official World Cup thread you would see that we agreed that Group threads were needed. Figure out what's going on before you comment please. Each individual game in the NBA playoffs gets a thread, and each team has its own thread, but we're limited in the number of World Cup threads we can make?
indifferent.gif

Anyways looks like Spain struggled to beat South Korea today. They needed an 86 minute goal from Navas to seal the deal. I find it interesting how a lot of the "powerful" nations have been struggling to beat "weak" opponents in these friendlies.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

indifferent.gif
If you went in the official World Cup thread you would see that we agreed that Group threads were needed. Figure out what's going on before you comment please. Each individual game in the NBA playoffs gets a thread, and each team has its own thread, but we're limited in the number of World Cup threads we can make?
indifferent.gif
I feel like it makes more sense to have one thread per grouping (it would be kind of like a playoff series thread) IDK that's just me.

I'm going to really enjoy Group H. Mainly because of Honduras...I hate them (
laugh.gif
) but they are only Central America Rep
ohwell.gif
. Chile and obviously Spain are interesting too.

I think this is a better idea, use this for in-game commentary, pre/post game chatter, etc. This would save the trouble of specific group stage games getting their own threads and cluttering the forum

The Official World Cup thread could still be used, just like the NBA season thread gets used during the season and playoffs.

Lets just have individual game threads and an Official WC thread.

I think group threads will be hard to keep up with because they're going to be active for just one day, then no one will visit them again until 4-5 days later (when the teams from that group play again).

It doesnt really matter to me but knowing how NT is (not that many soccer fans compared to basketball and football), I dont think we'll have too many posts in these group threads.

Ofcourse, we'll probably have a ton of posts in USA game threads, in the KO-stage and for certain group stage matches but overall I dont think group threads will be very active. I cant imagine too many people caring about certain groups (B, D, E, F). The most popular teams on NT are Mexico, US, Brazil, Spain, while most of the other teams will be under-represented here.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Lets just have individual game threads and an Official WC thread.

I think group threads will be hard to keep up with because they're going to be active for just one day, then no one will visit them again until 4-5 days later (when the teams from that group play again).

It doesnt really matter to me but knowing how NT is (not that many soccer fans compared to basketball and football), I dont think we'll have too many posts in these group threads.

Ofcourse, we'll probably have a ton of posts in USA game threads, in the KO-stage and for certain group stage matches but overall I dont think group threads will be very active. I cant imagine too many people caring about certain groups (B, D, E, F). The most popular teams on NT are Mexico, US, Brazil, Spain, while most of the other teams will be under-represented here.
I disagree, I think there'll be plenty of posting for the group games. It doesn't necessarily have to be live posting, I'll be at work and won't be able to watch live, but I think there will be discussion of the games. If we had individual threads + one main thread, either we'd end up having 40 threads for the group games, or we'd have a main WC thread going in 40 different directions. I think this nicely limits the number of threads we have. 

I have no problems with it, I'm just pointing out potential issues with having separate group threads. Anyways, we have nothing to lose here...if it doesnt work out then I'm sure all the fans here will just gravitate towards certain threads and we'll all post there. For now it's worth giving these separate group threads a shot.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
tampon inserted a little deep? go back to your blogosphere.
I love when people use "go write your blog" as a diss. 
roll.gif
 I love doing that, why would it offend me? You posted when you didn't know what was going on and you're mad. It's all good. 

Originally Posted by trunks206

drogbafit.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I love when people post this like Drogba is just flailing his legs for no reason. Let me jump up and kick you in the chest with soccer cleats as you're running towards me and let's see how you react. 

Originally Posted by trunks206

drogbafit.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I love when people post this like Drogba is just flailing his legs for no reason. Let me jump up and kick you in the chest with soccer cleats as you're running towards me and let's see how you react. 

PersiaFly wrote:
trunks206 wrote:
drogbafit.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

httphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlVOlYKwhHo://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlVOlYKwhHo

eyes.gif

And I love how you act like I DIDNT know that. Dude is a crybaby and due to his long history of whining one of the few times he was legitimately hurt he got a yellow because the ref though he was milking it.

But I guess since I dont have a blog about soccer I dont know what I'm talking about.....thanks for the video.

+ I was only playing around with Retroballer (touche sir
laugh.gif
)

laugh.gif
its all in good fun. i know a bunch of kids from school that are Portuguese and love Portugal. Since Drogba is my favorite player i have been talking smack since the draw, i cant wait for that game
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom