World Cup vol.Does anyone in NorCal care?

Yoooo!!!!
I am to excited for the World Cup next week? Anyone else on NorCal plan on watching it?

Any places hosting the event?

I rarely go out to bars, but I read about this place on another board
http://sfworldcup2010.com/

I'll probably head out there for the france/uruguay game on friday, and see how the atmosphere is like

Next week I think on Friday, you can go to AT&T park and watch one of the US games on the bigscreen. I think it is like 11am in the morning or something like that.

Juiced for the world cup. Sadly all I can do is hear it on the radio while doing deliveries.

Rooting for USA but my smart money is on Spain.

can't wait...i'm catching world cup fever!

i like US or Spain to win.

excerpt from O' Neill's Irish Pub: "To all our Football fans around the world, we love France and the French people. For any goals scored against France during the World Cup, O'Neills will buy you a pint during the game."

That's where I'ma be at.

So stoked for this. I will be staying with my friend in Manchester during The Big One on the 12th, and I fully expect things to get out of hand rapidly. If (when) we win I guarantee the USA will be repped. Hard

I was just walking by it today but didn't check it out. The old Ritz Camera store near the Powell Bart station closed down and now it is a pub/cafe and I saw them promoting the world cup on their windows. I thought it was such an odd place to have a bar but it seemed pretty big. Not sure if that will be a spot for people to watch the World Cup.

And just saw this:

http://www.nileguide.com/destinatio...y-area/2010/05/25/world-cup-in-san-francisco/

In San Francisco at least, you’re in luck. In fact, San Francisco just announced that The City will be showing every match of the World Cup on a 18 by 13 foot video screen hanging from a hydraulic lift at Civic Center Plaza, directly in front of City Hall. Unfortunately, no alcohol will be sold at the venue, presumably because The City would rather its employees show up to work sober after watching the morning games. So bring your own, and a nice brown paper bag to carry it in.

Originally Posted by gameovertripleh

can't wait...i'm catching world cup fever!

i like US or Spain to win.

excerpt from O' Neill's Irish Pub: "To all our Football fans around the world, we love France and the French people. For any goals scored against France during the World Cup, O'Neills will buy you a pint during the game."

That's where I'ma be at.
Im all up in that G thang
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I went to AT&T park to watch the US game. It was hella packed. Got my !#* a sunburn for not wearing sunscreen.
smh.gif
It was coo though.

I went to the Civic Center to watch the Uruguay game and it was ok. Too hot to be standing up for 2 hours though.

Did anybody end up going to that Mercury lounge?

^ jacks bar on Taylor really close to (pretty much) Japantown is where i would go if i didn't have to work this weekend...

Back
Top Bottom