Worlds Most Dangerous Cities.....Vol. I am ashamed of my city

[h1]Detroit Makes CNN's 'Dangerous' List [/h1][h2]City 1 Of 2 U.S. Listings[/h2]
POSTED: Thursday, April 15, 2010

UPDATED: 7:47 am EDT April 16, 2010
DETROIT -- Detroit is one of the most dangerous cities in the world, according to a list complied by CNN.The network collected data from Mercer's global report on personal safety, Foreign Policy magazine's most recent report on murder rates, and reports by Forbes and security watchdog Citizen's Council for Public Security to compile a list of the top 10.CNN said it specifically looked at effectiveness of law enforcement, crime statistics, media reports and internal stability.New Orleans was the only other U.S. city to make the list.In no particular order, the full list is:
[*]
Baghdad
[*]
Caracas, Venezuela
[*]
Detroit
[*]
New Orleans
[*]
Juarez, Mexico
[*]
Karachi, Pakistan
[*]
Moscow, Russia
[*]
Cape Town, South Africa
[*]
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
[*]
Beirut

does NO make the list because of all the Katrina mayhem. All the looting and stealing and no enforced laws because everything there is so chaotic

Karachi... I've gotten a nuke there before 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

does NO make the list because of all the Katrina mayhem. All the looting and stealing and no enforced laws because everything there is so chaotic
im pretty sure for the12 months immediately fallowing the hurricane when law and order resources were the least available crime actually went down.

i dont know why they include those third world countries and cities. Obviously
indifferent.gif

Juarez, Mexico

[*]
Karachi, Pakistan
[*]
Moscow, Russia

are gonna be dangerous as hell. Still think Detroit and Camden are the most dangerous outta the US. Not unless Camden got better which i think it did.

Moscow has over 20 million people....It is fine to visit but obviously there are some parts to avoid.

Originally Posted by turkish

Damn, Rio didn't make the list? That place is wild.
Someone form Brazil told me that the murder and crime rate should be higher if police knew everything that goes on in the ghettos. There are seriously some parts of Rio the police are aloowed in/ can't get in/will not even try to get in. And a lot of people don't report crimes.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I guess I'm one of the few people that enjoyed Moscow and had no problems when I went.
It's a big city though. That's like saying if you went to a Tigers game and had no problems, Detroit is cool

Originally Posted by EstBeast

Originally Posted by omgitswes

here i was think Moscow would be a nice place to visit

For americans...
eek.gif
nerd.gif
Americans from Detroit and New Orleans to be more specific.

You done @%!+** up as a city when you're being compared to Baghdad and Kinshasa.

NYC > ...

Originally Posted by DublBagn

[h1]Detroit Makes CNN's 'Dangerous' List [/h1][h2]City 1 Of 2 U.S. Listings[/h2]
POSTED: Thursday, April 15, 2010

UPDATED: 7:47 am EDT April 16, 2010
DETROIT -- Detroit is one of the most dangerous cities in the world, according to a list complied by CNN.The network collected data from Mercer's global report on personal safety, Foreign Policy magazine's most recent report on murder rates, and reports by Forbes and security watchdog Citizen's Council for Public Security to compile a list of the top 10.CNN said it specifically looked at effectiveness of law enforcement, crime statistics, media reports and internal stability.New Orleans was the only other U.S. city to make the list.In no particular order, the full list is:
[*]
Baghdad
pimp.gif

[*]
Caracas, Venezuela
[*]
Detroit
[*]
New Orleans
[*]
Juarez, Mexico
[*]
Karachi, Pakistan
pimp.gif

[*]
Moscow, Russia
[*]
Cape Town, South Africa
pimp.gif

[*]
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
[*]
Beirut

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by EstBeast

Originally Posted by omgitswes

here i was think Moscow would be a nice place to visit

For americans...
eek.gif
nerd.gif
Americans from Detroit and New Orleans to be more specific.

You done @%!+** up as a city when you're being compared to Baghdad and Kinshasa.

NYC > ...
roll.gif
roll.gif

My story about Detroit:
I was driving back from visiting Chicago back to Toronto. To get there you have to pass the Windsor/Detroit border. Right before the border, I took the wrong exit and ended up somewhere in Detroit at 11pm. First thing I noticed, somebody had removed the street signs. Second thing I noticed, abandoned houses everywhere, with broken windows. Third thing I noticed, 80% of the street lights weren't working. There were people on every street corner mean muggin, some kids riding bikes around but barely any cars. Streets dark. Somehow the people in Detroit are ugly as hell and all of em look sad
laugh.gif

As I'm tryna find the exit ramp back on the highway (with a lot of trouble since the street signs were removed), I noticed I'm being followed by a Chrysler 300. This car had broken windows in the back, and there was a passenger on every seat. Since I had an Ontario license plate, I knew I had to get outa there ASAP cuz I was obviously an easy target. I just made some sudden movements, accelerated quick time till I finally found an exit.
Listen to me. I've been to cities in Africa, cities in Pakistan, Middle East, Cuba, Mexico, etc all around the world. And Detroit looked as 3rd world as any of them
sick.gif
sick.gif

Won't lie, I was shook.
embarassed.gif

Camden too small 2 be on this list, most city's are over 1 million people. Camden city has about 100,000 residents. the whole city's bagdad. except downtown. even downtown u can be caught slippin'

Originally Posted by mackmittenzz

Camden too small 2 be on this list, most city's are over 1 million people. Camden city has about 100,000 residents. the whole city's bagdad. except downtown. even downtown u can be caught slippin'

You're outa ur mind dude.

Back
Top Bottom