Worst Jay-Z Album??? Vol. Kingdom Come EASILY

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Its true tho. SD war pure garbage. scattered feces over 2 discs. Yall talk about BP2 being a bad double album...well that s. is a farrr better album than SD. Joint had like 5/6 good tracks over 2 discs, no way was it better than AG. I'll take Nastradamus over SD anyday. HHID was flat out trash too. Failed attempt at a concept album. From the terrible lead single to the extra skippable where are they now and who killed it. Nas himself admitted HHID was wack...Google 'Nas missed mark with HHID' and read his own words. AG was a good concept album...HHID wasnt. Untitled was a great album with no replay value. Im on my conscious s. and I loved the album when it dropped but I havent had the slighest desire to listen to it since it dropped AG is the better album, listen to them back to back and the difference is clear.

I'm sorry but I fail to see where exactly he called his album wack:

"I heard that I kind of missed the mark with that album. I can agree a little bit. Musically, yes, but the statement has done more than I ever would haveimagined. Lil Wayne's whole thing is to prove that hip-hop is not dead. I would have never known that my album would affect Lil Wayne. I'm amazed andI'm so overjoyed by that %$+$. So many artists have addressed my statement that I know I didn't miss my mark."

He said his statement served its purpose but he failed musically...how is that not an admission of a bad album. It had a good title that sparked dialogue butbad music. Hes flat out admitting to failing musically on HHID...

He said his statement served its purpose but he failed musically...how is that not an admission of a bad album. It had a good title that sparked dialogue but bad music. Hes flat out admitting to failing musically on HHID...

Yes, he FAILED and went gold, that makes plenty sense. He missed his mark musically because he felt the production didn't mesh with the lyrics. At leastthat's what I got from that article.

What the hell does going gold have to do with the quality of music? KC almost went plat in a week does that mean its a classic?...nah it was a sub par albumjust like HHID and even Nas is aware of it. Going gold is your argument for something being a good album...come on fam...u better than that. The album was weakand even Nas can admit it. 'grindin and hittin brazilian dimes from behind...' SMH

It has nothing to do with the quality of the music, music quality is basically all opinion. KC going plat in a week means it was a success, at least from abusiness standpoint. Did I like the album? No, but was it a failure? No. I enjoyed HHID, It wasn't NaS' best effort but it definitely wasn't afailure.

Jay has too many garbage tracks, club hits, radio songs with BS R&B hooks to be considered a GOAT rapper:

poppin tags
I'm sorry, I love NaS to death, when it's all said and done he will be properly recognized for what he has done for the game, but I havenever heard him flow the way that Jay did on that record.

Def Jam bought all those albums . . .

As far as SD/BP2, if they are both broken down to ONE album
SD>BP2
HHID>KC
Untitiled>AG

Jay Z is washed up, he has his moments, but he's nowhere near 03 Jay, I feel like NaS is still improving, I can see Nas making DOPE music for another 10years. I don't see Jay making another Classic, IMO NaS is fresh off one.

Originally Posted by The Takeover

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

too much commercial BS in all of his albums after RD

if you take out all his BS commercial club bangers/radio hits, he could have put together one solid album

Nas>>>>>>>Jay-Z
laugh.gif

Yeah Nas Stans say some outrageous stuff, especially in light of the fact that American Gangster is better than any album Nas has released since 2002.

And Nas is one of my favorite musicians ever....but the truth is the truth.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

I can count the good post-RD Jay songs on one hand.
Is it hard living your life with hundreds of fingers? Or does it have advantages? Do the girls like it?

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

I can count the good post-RD Jay songs on one hand.
Is it hard living your life with hundreds of fingers? Or does it have advantages? Do the girls like it?
laugh.gif

Clever + Got'em.

I will never understand the hate for AG. There's only like 2-3 skippable songs, thes rest of the album is dope. Still get a lot of play on the ipod. BeachChair, Dig a Hole, Kingdome Come, Trouble are the best.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

roll.gif
at dudes not agreeing with someone, then going at his favorite rapper

Vinnie is better than Jay at this point, just because he didn't sell his soul to the mainstream to make a lot money, doesn't make him a worse rapper

"truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense, but I did 5 mill, I ain't been rhymin like Common since....."

even Jay acknowledges he traded his heart for dollar signs

Vinnie would tear up Jay in a battle right now

can you be ANY more of a ##!*%@? Looking at your name and av though, I doubt it.

and whoever said RD is a bad album, kill yourself NOW.
indifferent.gif

good to know im not missing anything. i havent listened to american gangster yet either.

Haze you know you're my guy but damn G...

SD garbage????
HHID trash?????????

Wow bro... Wow.

for the sake of the topic at hand. I dislike Vol 2. more than KC. I'm more of a fan of "personal music" I'd rather a artist talk aboutthemselves and the things they're/we as a people are going through than the latest trend or ho's

Damn, Haze
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom