Worst Pain You've Ever Been In. Vol Tonsils

I've broken bones, twisted some ankles, no stabbing or bullet wounds, and a couple random stove burns. I must say that having my tonsils removed has been the most painful experience of my life strictly on how long they have hurt. I got them removed exactly a week ago and I still feel like my second day. I'm on my second bottle of promethazine (pills), second bottle of oxycodone, another bottle of hydrocodone, and some other crap that sounds like Daucicline? I'm 23 and my friends say that I should have gotten it done when I was a child but my tonsils hadn't bothered me back then at all until recently. I had to call the ambulance 2 nights ago after the scab where my right tonsil was ripped off in the middle of the night. EMTs said I lost about 1 and 1/2 pint of blood. Stuff came out chewy in clots.   
sick.gif
 I'm going back thursday for post-op and will be outta work another 2 to 3 weeks on disability.  Lost 15 pounds since last week just drinking an ensure once a day. If your doctor recommends a tonsillectomy for you, make sure you dont have %%!+ to do for 3 weeks.  I know this prob won't be my worst pain I will ever suffer but so far it def is. Stories?

I fractured my elbow.

Couldn't get out of bed
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Had my tonsils taken out my junior year of high school.  I would have to say it is the right up there with a tooth infection that I have had,

and maybe a little worse.  I could not eat anything and I suffered weight loss as well.  It hurt so bad to the point I could not drink ice cold

water or anything and I actually passed out while peeing because of the dehydration......pretty scary stuff and I got lucky I didn't injure

myself badly.  But yeah prepare yourself for a month of horribleness, but after that you can start to eat what you want again...but just a

warning it will not taste the same as it use to for another period of time.  Overall one of the worst experiences I have had, but life with no

tonsils is eventually worth it because I never get sick anymore!

i had a non-visible kidney stone, and it hurt like a mother. i cant imagine the poor dudes who have the big suckers.

that, and having my broken wrist re-set a second time, cause the ER doctor $*%#@* it up.
ohwell.gif

I had my tonsils cut out in high school...pain wasnt all that bad unless I had to swallow spit or anything for that matter...but other than that I don't remember it being too agonizing...

I do remember waking up after surgery scared !$!*%**! because my throat was swollen shut...

The worst part about the tonsillectomy was the one night I coughed a scab loose & bled profusely for 10-15 minutes...I remember standing over the sink with my mouth open and blood pouring out like a syrup bottle...I remember as soon as I spat a mouthful out I had more...I ran to my moms room and couldn't say anything because I had too much blood in my mouth...she ended up calling the doc & he told me to gargle ice water & it stopped right up...scary @#@!...

But the WORST pain of my life is flying...for some reason my ears don't de-pressurize on descent, so my head congests and it feels like my eardrums are going to explode from the pressure...I've tried damn near everything to fix it too...those earplugs you can buy make a vacuum between them and my eardrum so I can't remove them for several hours after my flight...it's terrible because flying doesn't bother me at all...I can pop my ears going up but son...as soon as they announce the descent I can't do anything but curl up and pray it's not that bad...

Ive NEVER walked off a plane NOT crying like a #%#%#...worst pain I've ever endured in life...I wouldn't wish that +** on ANYONE...
I was told I may have a perforated ear drum which means there's no fixing it...I'm basically on John madden status for life...

I currently have a "severe thigh contusion from blunt force trauma"  Soccer injury can't even put weight on my left leg without it going all mertant hanks crazy chicken dance on me and giving out.

Most inconvenient injury of my life.  Broke my ankle got crutches healed ya know.  Can't do anything for this other then deal with the constant pain.  They said the impact would have broke a smaller bone but its really hard to break your femur apparently.

hear kidney stones are brutal though 

Broke my shoulder and collar bone in an accident. Didn't hurt but it was just super uncomfortable to sleep at night.

When I was 7, my brother and I was messing around and he accidently pushed me into a corner of a wall, and I had a huge gash down my head. It required 25 stiches, and it hurt like crazy. I don't even remember how it felt though, if that makes sense.

Also, before I got my braces, I needed four adult teeth pulled, and that was absolutely horrible.

Accidentally sat on my flat iron last year while it was on full heat (that thing can melt metal) and got a 3 inch long burn
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Walking was impossible for a couple of days and just really damb painful for more than a week after that.

When I tore my ACL and meniscus in my right knee. It sounded like if you crack all your knuckles at the same time, but really loud.

I've torn my ACL in my left knee twice too, but that time was by far the worst for w/e reason

Separated my shoulder in a bike accident. Hurt the first couple of weeks and moving it/showering/sleeping was a pain in the %%*. Pain went away fairly quick though and just became an annoyance cause i still couldn't use my left arm too much for a good two months.

ayo op i had tonsil in my mought and you will be shocked how they are caused
its from bad breath believe or not i googled it up myself last week i was a lil offend but i laughed
to be honest i had tonsils in my mouth i removed it myself mines are very small their never turned huge like the google pics

I had a cyst in my arm that one week just grew really fast, was in pain the entire day, I would just sleep to ease the pain, slept 20 hours one day due to it. it ended up popping by itself, took like 3 hours for all the pus to come out. I couldn't even move my arm without being in extreme pain.

Called a doctor, I couldn't come in until Friday
mad.gif

Post Op Intestine repair surgery. No pain killer they gave me did anything, had constant stomach pain for about a month. Part of the surgical wound got infected a few days after the actual surgery; back to the hospital so they could take out the staples and pretty much pull a 2-4 inch part abdomen area open to clean it out...without anesthesia. At least my in home nurse I was assigned was bad as hell.

Back
Top Bottom