Worst Pitcher in Baseball

I'm voting for Felipe Paulino. I know there are a lot of bad pitchers in MLB, but as far as pitchers who see innings on a regular basis, Paulino has to be one of the worst. I've seen him pitch three times now, and I don't think he's located a single pitch in any of those games. The only reason he gets any Ks is because he has absolutely no control. He just threw a ball in the dirt with the catcher standing up, waiting for a fastball at the shoulders. Laynce Nix is 5/12 against him; that's all you need to know.
HIGHLIGHTS:

6 IP, 0 ER v. ATL (2007)

6 IP, 0 ER v. CIN (2009)

LOWLIGHTS:

4 IP, 7 ER v. COL (2009)

As I'm typing this, he just nailed Hairston in the back.

5 IP, 8 ER v. CIN (2009)

2 IP, 8 ER @SFO (2009)

Wow. He just threw the ball over Berkman's head on a pickoff. This is insane.

4/38 as a hitter (.105)

2:1 K:BB (career)

6.24 ERA (career)

1.64 WHIP (career)

Who are some other candidates?

Charlie Haeger

DATEOPPRESULTIPHRERHRBBSOGBFBTBF#PitDec.Rel.ERA
05/04MILL 6-114.0511013581767---- 6.56
04/27@NYML 5-104.0555041692078L(0-3)-- 7.45
04/23@WASL 1-55.154322310823110L(0-2)-- 6.46
04/17SFL 0-93.0775053492296L(0-1)-- 7.20

Honestly scratch that, the WHOLE Dodgers pitching staff.

Daniel Cabrera
Kyle Davies
Garrett Olson
Nate Robertson

A ton of relievers come to mind.

Relievers:

Lance Broadway
R.A. Dickey
Mike Lincoln
Boone Logan
Randy Williams
Jamey Wright

LOL at Paulino setting a career-high for strikeouts tonight.

LaTroy Hawkins and Jeff Suppan definitely belong in the group...or pretty much every Brewers reliever. 

Damn. Daniel Cabrera is terrible. Didn't even APPEAR in a winning game last year. And his '07 was disgusting. He actually started '08 pretty well, but nothing noteworthy. I never have (and apparently never will) see Cabrera pitch, but his numbers are up there w/Paulino's.

Jeff Suppan would probably win the award for highest paid and lowest performance.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

It sucks with Daniel Cabrera, cause he has unbelievable stuff

I've seen him pitch once or twice against the Yankees...always made them look foolish.

Did see him as a Nationals pitcher against the Mets...wasn't that great.

True, I should have said HAD unbelievable stuff
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Charlie Haeger

Watching COL @LAD. He just walked in a run without throwing a single strike. Top of the 1st, no outs, fyi.
EDIT: To be fair, he is a knuckleballer. But still. This is pathetic. I'm sure all of us could get up there and @least give up some singles and fly balls.

EDIT #2: Damn. 0 IP, 4 ER. Runner on 3rd. And that's all she wrote for Haeger tonight. Wow.

I told you guys, Charlie Haeger.
roll.gif

[table][tr][td]Pitchers[/td][td]IP[/td][td] H[/td][td] R[/td][td]ER[/td][td]BB[/td][td]SO[/td][td]HR[/td][td]PC-ST[/td][td]ERA[/td][/tr][tr][td]C Haeger
(L, 0-4)[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]22-8[/td][td]8.49[/td][/tr][/table]
He didn't record an out, and threw only 8 strikes.

Regardless of him being a knuckleballer, his stuff looks like a beachball out there.
indifferent.gif

Can't beat that, but Sheets has been awful if you take money into account (1 year/$10 million) for a two game stretch of 7.1 Innings, 17 Earned Runs, 5 Homers and just 4K' and only a  win vs Baltimore. Luckily he redeemed himself tonight.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I told you guys, Charlie Haeger.
roll.gif

[table][tr][td]Pitchers[/td][td]IP[/td][td] H[/td][td] R[/td][td]ER[/td][td]BB[/td][td]SO[/td][td]HR[/td][td]PC-ST[/td][td]ERA[/td][/tr][tr][td]C
Haeger

(L, 0-4)[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]22-8[/td][td]8.49[/td][/tr][/table]
He didn't record an out, and threw only 8 strikes.

Regardless of him being a knuckleballer, his stuff looks like a beachball out there.
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

How is it possible though?

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Paulino has been pitching well lately.

he hasnt been THAT bad. He has the worst run support in the league too.
Thread backfire. Felipe Paulino has a 1.75 ERA over his last 5 starts -- all quality starts. He's gone 8 innings in each of his last 3 starts -- no other pitcher currently has a longer streak. It's not Paulino's fault the Astros haven't scored runs for him. In fact, he's actually been Houston's best hitter -- his .304 batting average leads the team!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom