Would a Rose, Wade & James trio had worked?

Thing is, Rose would've been the first one to defer immediately to Wade and LeBron. He's a "do what I need to do" type of player. He may not have been the best point guard since he's just naturally a combo guard, but he would know his role alongside those two.

So yes, it could've worked.

Thing is, Rose would've been the first one to defer immediately to Wade and LeBron. He's a "do what I need to do" type of player. He may not have been the best point guard since he's just naturally a combo guard, but he would know his role alongside those two.

So yes, it could've worked.

they would've figured it out... but it would limit Rose's growth, its too soon for him to start playing with two other superstars IMO

they would've figured it out... but it would limit Rose's growth, its too soon for him to start playing with two other superstars IMO

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

this. its not an ideal fit but they would have at least one serious mismatch to target at all times on the court. but the thing is that rose would not have grown the way he did this season. just imagine all 3 of them on the break though
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

not to thread jack but i think if Kevin Love didnt demand a lot of money and u had a shot-blocking defensive big, Love would be a sick fit with them rebounding and stretching the floor. dirk would also be nasty with them.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

this. its not an ideal fit but they would have at least one serious mismatch to target at all times on the court. but the thing is that rose would not have grown the way he did this season. just imagine all 3 of them on the break though
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

not to thread jack but i think if Kevin Love didnt demand a lot of money and u had a shot-blocking defensive big, Love would be a sick fit with them rebounding and stretching the floor. dirk would also be nasty with them.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

A shoot first point guard is the absolute last thing you want in a Wade/James line up.
Rondo would be a much better fit. With Wade and James what you need in a point guard is a playmaker and defender. Rondo is an elite defender while Rose isn't worth mentioning at all. They both have playmaking skills, but Rose really is more about creating his own shots (or just chucking when he can't create one). 

Rondo is one of the last PGs you want. You see how he gets defended? Whoever is guarding him is just gonna pack the paint and cut off driving lanes for Bron and Wade. You don't need a traditional PG because Wade and Bron handle the ball so well and are such good passers. They need a knockdown shooter who can D up. Granted that's not easy to find.

A shoot first point guard is the absolute last thing you want in a Wade/James line up.
Rondo would be a much better fit. With Wade and James what you need in a point guard is a playmaker and defender. Rondo is an elite defender while Rose isn't worth mentioning at all. They both have playmaking skills, but Rose really is more about creating his own shots (or just chucking when he can't create one). 

Rondo is one of the last PGs you want. You see how he gets defended? Whoever is guarding him is just gonna pack the paint and cut off driving lanes for Bron and Wade. You don't need a traditional PG because Wade and Bron handle the ball so well and are such good passers. They need a knockdown shooter who can D up. Granted that's not easy to find.

It woulda worked.

Probably the most deadly trio in the history of the league.\

Jus' woulda taken a year for them to mesh.

It woulda worked.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

It woulda worked.

i doubt it. because all 3 players need the ball to be effective...considering how many shots all 3 take combined, means that the rest of the team wont be shooting a lot. you can already see it in miami, where chris bosh is now the forgotten player...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

It woulda worked.

i doubt it. because all 3 players need the ball to be effective...considering how many shots all 3 take combined, means that the rest of the team wont be shooting a lot. you can already see it in miami, where chris bosh is now the forgotten player...

Yes. Hell yes. 2/3 players are humble as **$*. 3/3 are unguardable and unstoppable. That fastbreak would put up 70 a game, for Chist's sake who strengtheneth me.

Yes. Hell yes. 2/3 players are humble as **$*. 3/3 are unguardable and unstoppable. That fastbreak would put up 70 a game, for Chist's sake who strengtheneth me.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Came in to say the same thing.

This clown knows nothing about basketball.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Came in to say the same thing.

This clown knows nothing about basketball.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Why are they always interviewed together? Maybe because they're TEAMMATES and they're together majority of the time when the media is present.
Wade and James are the first, and only, N.B.A. players to insist on tandem interviews at every session.

Asked why he and James adopted the routine for practice days, Wade said: “He was going to talk to you guys for 20 minutes and then I had to come behind and talk for 20 minutes, and we answered the same questions. So let’s put it to 10 minutes and we’ll do the questions together. It was just smart."

Link

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Why are they always interviewed together? Maybe because they're TEAMMATES and they're together majority of the time when the media is present.
Wade and James are the first, and only, N.B.A. players to insist on tandem interviews at every session.

Asked why he and James adopted the routine for practice days, Wade said: “He was going to talk to you guys for 20 minutes and then I had to come behind and talk for 20 minutes, and we answered the same questions. So let’s put it to 10 minutes and we’ll do the questions together. It was just smart."

Link

Originally Posted by PMatic

Link

I'll be damned. It does make sense, though.

Back
Top Bottom