Would I be able to use a Jordan Football cleat for softball?

I am playing on a church leage softball team this year and as far as I know they don't allow metal cleats. Would I be alright using a Jordan footballcleat for softball? Thanks in advance!

I had the same question... I saw the Jordan 6 on ebay but it is a football cleat..... but what if we got replacement spikes that were for a softball shoe???would that work???

I've heard of people switching them out and using baseball replacement cleats but never seen pics...any pics out there?

I have worn Jordan cleats for the past 2 years and nike football cleats for probably 8 years. The screw in replacement football spikes are fine. They justdon't allow metal spikes like on actual baseball cleats. I am waiting on the 3s to hit my Champs outlet so I can pick them up for cheap.

not a good idea to use football cleats for softball imo. you don't get very good traction in the infield since the cleats don't really dig into thedirt.

Originally Posted by deuce02

not a good idea to use football cleats for softball imo. you don't get very good traction in the infield since the cleats don't really dig into the dirt.

agree

You'll be fine for a church league softball team. Try to screw off the spikes and buy MCS baseball cleats. They will be better for traction while runningthe bases.

Originally Posted by MethRer1A

Originally Posted by deuce02

not a good idea to use football cleats for softball imo. you don't get very good traction in the infield since the cleats don't really dig into the dirt.

agree

2nd that

Originally Posted by dukebsktbll23

Football cleats are not good on dirt.
i understand that, but I want to try to put baseball spikes in the bottom of the 6's that are still on ebay, eventhough, i am questioning the"realness" of them... they still look nice....

Safety first before trying to style. But if you're an athlete you can. It's like how some of my teammates used to wear total 90s on the football field.It won't kill you.

do what you want just follow the rules, and if you're a real athlete you could wear a unitard with ballerina shoes and still go 4 for 5 with 3 bombs

and personally i would just go get the swingman remixes, they are hot and there is no sign of a griffey cleat retro

i wear mine all the time and they work great i have been wearing the 14's and just bought the 3's to rock now for softball

Yo do all Jordan cleats only come with metal spikes? Kinda funny I was gonna ask this question right before I saw this thread. Just joined a softball leaguebut they only allow molded plastic cleats, no metal cleats and I just don't feel right having anything else than J's on my feet.

^ nah fam...they come in metal or molded...I believe the last signature baseball cleat was the IX's...I could be wrong though...

Back
Top Bottom