would the true blue 3 from 2001 lose value now?

Do what you want kid. but my personal opinion is SCREW VALUE. i say this because if a pair of retro 4's from a few yearss ago can crack, then imagine howcheaply made the new kicks will be. the only kicks in the air jordan line that will keep it's value are the og's... even though u may not be able towear them all, they hold there value.

indifferent.gif

I love how all the new members think theyll lose value (myself not included, although I am a new member) and all the old heads say no.

I do not think they will, infact i think their is a chance that theyll actually go up in value.

Look what happened when the CDP III's came out, it seemed as if the 01's had a boost in popularity as many people boasted that they are not settlingfor the decreasing quality of JB's latest retros.

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

Originally Posted by 23edge

why would anyone want to pay more money for a retro that looks the same as the re-retro, that can be worn without cracking, and that is cheaper?

couldnt have said it better myself.

Oh, and one more thing. If you're collecting sneakers because you see them as "investments", or "future business opportunities", you need a new game plan. Sneakers aren't sources of income, they're sneakers. One day youre gonna wake up with 250 pairs of "investments", and you will say to yourself, "What the @*$# was I thinking?" If you can't appreciate shoes because you like them, and can't get past the fact that they're lesser quality, or not like the originals, or they degrade the value of your current collection...I think it's time to find a new hobby. I love shoes just like everyone else, but never in my years of collecting did I look at my shoes and think I was going to get rich or make loads of money off of them. I buy shoes because I like them, not because everyone else likes them, not because they're worth a bajillion dollars, and not because other shoe heads aka DUDES will envy what I'm wearing. MAYBE subconsciously I buy them because I'm trying to impress some ladies...but who doesn't do that? It annoys me so much when I'm wearing a pair of my favorite kicks, and a shoe head has some Jedi Dunk SB's on and he's staring at me waiting for me to look down at them. Then he gets all salty because I don't even acknowledge them at all. I wear shoes because they make me feel good. Just like how reefer made Bob Marley feel good. Just like how coke made Whitney Houston feel good. Just like how touchdowns made Jerry Rice feel good. If shoe collecting is making you feel BAD at any point in your career, you need to STOP.

P.S. True Blue III's 2009 copped. I don't care about quality, or value, or any of that crap. I care about True Blue III's.
Well said, the sneaker game sure has changed
frown.gif

Yes, they will... Hype on this 2001 version will be lessened due to the upcoming re-retro regardless of quality.

i cant believe people have 01 true blues that are cracking. I've only worn my 4 times since they were UnDs'd 5 months ago and they still feel firm andlook DS. No cracking at all, no yellow tab, My 99 Iv's are the same way. That being said I'll be happy to snag a pair of 09 true blues for retail andthrow my 01's on ice, lol.

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but other then nostalgic, the 2001 retro 3's, both blk/cement and true blue should hold no value since they cannot be worn due to the midsole cracking, they're nearly 9 years old. A DS pair is useless
Wrong. If they are stored right, they are just fine. I just undsed a pair of black cements a few months ago. They are perfect.

they would go down in value on if the TB III's were sold in the U.S. but since its only a NON U.S. release then the value of them will be the same.probably $400 for deastock pristine TB III's.....

IMO It depends on the buyer. If its somebody who just wants the colorwave then they'll prefer the re-retros, but for those who like the actual shoethey'll spend a little more for the retros.

I said yes be 4, But now im sayin no....

I seen a pair yesterday, A seller from france had a DS pair size 9, the auction ended fa $610...$50 shipping....
sick.gif

When a retro comes out I always find that an OG Pair will go down a little in price for the next few months, but after that the OG pair will rise in priceagain, thats just my experience.

The value of all shoe that are re-released goes down. There are countless examples, but DS OGs tend to remain the same or increase in value as they age.

Originally Posted by Pinero354

When a retro comes out I always find that an OG Pair will go down a little in price for the next few months, but after that the OG pair will rise in price again, thats just my experience.
QFT.

Back
Top Bottom