Would u work for........?

I pose this question to my fellow nt'ers would you work for a company that you believe cheats its customers? Especially in this recession where everyone isgoing through financial distress and personal hardship.... This a moral issue that has been kinda picking at me for a few hours now. post thoughts and allfeedback

smh.gif
i worked for wal-mart... they doing their workers dirty

if I really needed the job I would take it until I could find anther one that doesn't conflict with my morals and ethics

To some extent every company cheats it's customers. It's called turning a profit.

Nah I'm too much of a people person to cheat someone out of a service they expect me to give them

Originally Posted by Ortega03

Cheating in what way? product?
it could be product too... like that company that sends people door to door asking for their gas bill and shooting up the gas price once theysign... im posting this because i was reading a person who was scammed and it make me wonder

Depends on what they are doing and how they are going about it.

I work for a specialty (sub-prime) finance/leasing company where the cost of capital for my clients can run upwards of 45-50% implied rate. I have no problemsleeping at night. I disclose everything as best and honestly as I possibly can. I don't force these people to take the pen and sign the contract. If theywillingly choose to do that on their own free will, then damn right I will hold them to every last word in that contract.

As long as it isn't illegal and I can't be held liable for the companies actions, I dont really care. I gotta get my stacks up by any means.

Only if the position didn't involve dealing with the customers. Like maybe work in the back or something instead of selling to them or whatever"cheating" is.

a while back i worked for 24 hour fitness and my supervisor told me to straight up lie do whatever to get the sale, she would write blatant lies down and givethem to us during meetings follow us around on tours to make sure we were using what she wrote, and because I didnt she removed me from sales cut my hours inhalf, instead of $9 plus commission my pay got reduced to min wage $7.35 she moved me to the front desk and put me on graveyards. Worst working experience ofmy life. I should have reported her but it seemed like thats how everybody did business around there so it wouldnt have mattered.

I wonder how John Demjanjuk feels he was a nazi prison guard.... my stomach is touching my back but i dont think i could live getting money from unsuspectingpeople....

It's hard to have ethics when the job market is so bad. Nowadays, you got to just takes any jobs to make ends meat. I would say yes but only in thesetimes.

Back
Top Bottom