Would you accept money from those wealthier than you?

Had a 28 hour car ride with the boys and this was something we discussed.

Say that all the super wealthy (above 100M net worth) in the US got together and decided to randomly support everyone else in the US by paying their income tax for the next 5 years + paying student loans for 5 years.

Would you accept this? What effect do you think it’d have on society?

DirectIndelibleJaeger-small.gif

Last edited:
Yes. I think most people in some way have or would accept the money.

Grants from rich people and organizations support schooling, programs, humanitarian acts, etc all the time.

Also, If I'm popped for whatever reason, laid off , natural disaster, death in the family etc. who am I to say no to the support.

I think if it were to happen that there would be no taxes or student loans for 5 year that I would benefit the quality of life for many people however; though it would move society along a little bit, it wouldn't make the drastic impact to the overall human condition in the country that would be anticipated. Like people would better be able to support their families better for the short term but it wouldn't help many in other aspects such as health, education(k-12), mental health etc. I think the money could be used for better agendas that would have a greater impact on human conditions rather than comfort and quality of life. I would be in support of loans but i think taxes should still be set in place but reallocated to support different institutions.

Why the **** not?

Man I just paid off my student loans so I'd definitely take that money and go to school again just for the **** of it.

Why the **** not?

Man I just paid off my student loans so I'd definitely take that money and go to school again just for the **** of it.

Why would you even do that to yourself

Walking after this semester and id rather die than go back :lol:

Back
Top Bottom