Would you be more afraid of an alien or a robot invasion?

aliens, they can have all types of crazy technological things that can #%@$ with us. robots can only enslave us or use technology we are familiar with to kill us.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Either way, Will Smith will save us
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

robot4.jpg

%28250209114511%29independence_day_5.jpg
Will Smith just needs to save us from zombies and he'll be set.  And if you say "I am Legend" slap yourself.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

robot4.jpg

%28250209114511%29independence_day_5.jpg
Will Smith just needs to save us from zombies and he'll be set.  And if you say "I am Legend" slap yourself.

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i am a legend

Originally Posted by ayejreeun

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i am a legend

Ummm, correction, the term is "Robot Uprising" or "A.I. Becoming Self-Aware".
If robots, under control of a larger system like Skynet, became self-aware, they'd do more damage to us than aliens. They'd easily take control of our entire grid of resources, including the high-tech weaponry.

Sure you can argue that Aliens would have superior technology, but as history has shown us, the side with the best guns don't always win. Assuming invading Aliens have never encountered our species before, they'd be in for a surprise when it comes to human brutality. We'd have home court and use guerrilla warfare to our advantage.

If robots, under control of a larger system like Skynet, became self-aware, they'd do more damage to us than aliens. They'd easily take control of our entire grid of resources, including the high-tech weaponry.

Sure you can argue that Aliens would have superior technology, but as history has shown us, the side with the best guns don't always win. Assuming invading Aliens have never encountered our species before, they'd be in for a surprise when it comes to human brutality. We'd have home court and use guerrilla warfare to our advantage.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

That's what I feel like also, humanity's entire structure is centered around technology and communication. Just living in a world right now with no electronics/artificial light would be chaotic, and once you factor in hostile machines then it's mass panic. In addition, robots and machines are so integrated into our lives that should they turn on us they'd be directly behind our lines. Whereas an alien assault would most likely have to be a front on invasion from outer space, a robotic uprising would have so many everyday objects surrounding us out to track us and destroy us.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

That's what I feel like also, humanity's entire structure is centered around technology and communication. Just living in a world right now with no electronics/artificial light would be chaotic, and once you factor in hostile machines then it's mass panic. In addition, robots and machines are so integrated into our lives that should they turn on us they'd be directly behind our lines. Whereas an alien assault would most likely have to be a front on invasion from outer space, a robotic uprising would have so many everyday objects surrounding us out to track us and destroy us.

Back
Top Bottom