Would you date someone with different taste in music?

Me: R&B, rap, hip hop

Her: House

would you? have you? outcome? opposites attract ehhh maybe

Music means a lot to me. Like pretty much more than anything in this world. It'd take one fantastic woman to make me forget about her horrible music taste.

Heck no. Even if physically she was a 10/10 and everything else about her was perfect, I wouldn't touch her.

me and my wife love the same genres just not the same music if that makes sense lol

but i dont think it plays any part in the marriage and dont see how it would.

yes. I actually married her. She listens to absolute garbage! :lol:

Every sunday she tries to listen to gospel(i hate gospel music), I turn it off and put on dmx out of spite.

but at least we both rock to reggae. :pimp:

Music makes up a lot of my life. I listen to a lot of different things, but I stick to a few main genres

I listen to hip hop, my girl listens to a lot of rock and metal. It affects me none.

We both compromise though, and we listen to my music :pimp:

House music we talking dubstep? Like girl talk mash up music? And how passionate is she about the music?

I can't handle dubstep. I would straight up say if you drive anywhere and im in your car you can't play it...or else im driving everywhere and have control over the radio. I will not attend any dubstep concerts either (even though apparently they are fun...but i don't do drugs...so no thanks).

Used to date a girl who was down with dubstep & wanna be anarchist folk singers and/or acoustic guitar players.

Needless to say, we aren't together anymore. Music is a MAJOR factor in a relationship; I'm a fan of most genres, but even I couldn't compromise with the aforementioned.

yeah, as long as she doesn't try to force it on me we'll be good.. i would definitely throw shots at her if her taste in music was bad though.

i would try to put her on to the godly music that i listen to.

the same could be said for religion too.

What kinda stupid question is this?  
laugh.gif
  Only on NT. 

I listen to all types of music, but I can only handle some music in doses (Eg. country, techno, christian music, and house).

I dated this chick once, she was mostly into emo and stuff like that. She kept making fun of my musical preference (hip-hop) everytime she would hear me play songs on my player. At first I was okay with it, kinda playing it cool but it eventually gotten old. But wifey is a different story. I got her into hip-hop and she hasn't looked back since.

Send those house dubstep hicks my way :lol:

I think music is pretty important. I listen to everything but edm and indie are at the forefront. Ive moved away from hiphop so too much kendrick lamar, wayne, etc aint gonna cut it

I have...it was really awkward.

But all genres have good music so I was introduced to a whole 'nother world.

Plus she listens to what most people would consider quality music.

Problem was she looked down on hip hop and rap so I had to put her in check

Last edited:
If she aint down wit killa and rae/ghost...

**** that *****.

:lol: Im open tho, no autotune wayne or anything of the sort

Yea I am lost and the fact that folks are saying they WOULD allow this to be grounds for dismissing a girl is even more wild/crazy

Not really man. I mean if something means enough to you, it's obviously something that you'd look for in your mate. I love kids, I couldn't be with someone who didn't. I am not religious, I couldn't be with someone who is. Music is so ubiquitous for me. I can't imagine having to be annoyed for portions of the day.

My ex was the only female I ever dated who really listened to what I did; it's one of her few qualites I actually miss.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom