Would you leave/date someone with depression?

Hell no.

I know a dude dating a girl that tried to commit a few months ago and has said numerous times that no matter how happy she is, she still feels like suicide is best.

I think he tries to ignore the thought of dating someone like that. I don't see any other way that someone could date someone like that....

They've been dating 6 months and she's been this way for like 8, btw.

Hell no.

I know a dude dating a girl that tried to commit a few months ago and has said numerous times that no matter how happy she is, she still feels like suicide is best.

I think he tries to ignore the thought of dating someone like that. I don't see any other way that someone could date someone like that....

They've been dating 6 months and she's been this way for like 8, btw.

I wouldn't be looking to start a relationship with someone like that but if I found out later on that they're emotionally and mentally unstable I'd break it off really carefully. I'd still be her friend but just not "together"because of the worry of her doing something drastic anytime we might get in an argument.

I wouldn't be looking to start a relationship with someone like that but if I found out later on that they're emotionally and mentally unstable I'd break it off really carefully. I'd still be her friend but just not "together"because of the worry of her doing something drastic anytime we might get in an argument.

I wouldnt start a relationship with someone I knew would have issues later on, and wouldnt advance one if I hadnt known them and been with them for a long time.

HOWEVER, if its someone you really feel you want to spend your life with, I think its cowardly to abandon them because some sort of mental issues come up. My grandpa is bipolar and it gets really crazy sometimes, especially since he cant consistently take his medicine because it poisons him over time. Without my grandma, he would have been gone years ago, now he at least hangs on and tries to most of the time.

I wouldnt start a relationship with someone I knew would have issues later on, and wouldnt advance one if I hadnt known them and been with them for a long time.

HOWEVER, if its someone you really feel you want to spend your life with, I think its cowardly to abandon them because some sort of mental issues come up. My grandpa is bipolar and it gets really crazy sometimes, especially since he cant consistently take his medicine because it poisons him over time. Without my grandma, he would have been gone years ago, now he at least hangs on and tries to most of the time.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

no

I have my issues to deal with, I don't need to be someone's life coach. I wouldn't ask anyone i'm with to do the same either.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

no

I have my issues to deal with, I don't need to be someone's life coach. I wouldn't ask anyone i'm with to do the same either.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Damn depressed = foreveralone

Depressing

Lol what kind of replies did you expect?
ohwell.gif

I wouldn't ask anyone i'm with to do the same either.

x2

No thats just too much I have dealt with someone dealing with that, and trust me no matter what you do they will not be pleased, its better to let them go and seek help but like everyone said if were talking about someone you been with a long time or married to of course your gonna stay and do what it takes but dont be fooled it will be hell

No thats just too much I have dealt with someone dealing with that, and trust me no matter what you do they will not be pleased, its better to let them go and seek help but like everyone said if were talking about someone you been with a long time or married to of course your gonna stay and do what it takes but dont be fooled it will be hell

no, there's tons of girls that can "make you very happy", but there are few that compliment you perfectly

no, there's tons of girls that can "make you very happy", but there are few that compliment you perfectly

I have before and it's really tough when you learn someone's flaws and they are at their most vulnerable with you. It's already deep loving someone but knowing someone's true self and still loving it no matter how @!!!%! up it is. It's like a quick sand trap. It's incredibly hard to get out of. But I had to because it really starts to get in you and become you as well. You start developing issues about yourself. So I would never purposefully get into one again but if I'm in one and it pops up not sure how I'll handle it.

I have before and it's really tough when you learn someone's flaws and they are at their most vulnerable with you. It's already deep loving someone but knowing someone's true self and still loving it no matter how @!!!%! up it is. It's like a quick sand trap. It's incredibly hard to get out of. But I had to because it really starts to get in you and become you as well. You start developing issues about yourself. So I would never purposefully get into one again but if I'm in one and it pops up not sure how I'll handle it.

Back
Top Bottom