Would you say First Blood (1982) is one of the best action movies ever made and easily the best one in the whole Rambo trilogy?

I was just sitting here thinking about how Amazing this movie was. Although, it’s labeled as a action film, but it’s more of a psychological action film. It’s such a well written movie from top to bottom. To think, it may have not been a trilogy if the alternative ending made the final cut. Do you guys think Is the best one on the trilogy? Just wanted to show appreciation to this classic!

Side note, Rated R movies in the 80’s are DOPE!

97C622D6-40F1-4EE8-865F-D77819A0BFE2.jpeg

I think the 1st one was the best one. I watched it so many times as a kid (4-5ish) with the old VHS tape my pops had.

And I agree, 80’s r-rated films were fire. Lots of things from that decade were very influential and can be seen right now. Shoes, clothing, music, movies, TV shows..etc.

The first Rambo is definitely the “best” one but I can watch the second one forever.

First one was the best one by far. One of those movies whenever it is on TV, I always end up finishing it, no matter where it is when I tune in.

Alternative ending? Not aware of one. Info???

First Blood is a masterpiece. From beginning to end.

It doesn't get talked about enough. Brian Dennehy (the Sherrif) and Richard Crenna (Trautman) were amazing actors in this. Action sequences, story, everything 10/10.

These were the superhero movies before superhero movies.

The 2nd and 3rd are also good watches.

Stallone milked it for the last 2 movies. I would have loved to see a proper succession of him maybe being brought in to train a new soldier. They could have carried on the story that way.

But honestly I think by 2008, when the 4th movie was released, public perception of war was sour thanks to the War on Terror. They couldn't make a movie glamorizing that whole situation.

Back
Top Bottom