Would you struggle on $350,000 a year?

Originally Posted by abutta13

sounds like this guys faking the funk real hard and it caught up to him
be careful, it's a cardinal sin to say that about someone that makes more than you on NT 
laugh.gif

Just to clarify, the exclusive golf membership and parking for two Audis mentioned in the article are about Richard Scheiner (hedge-fund manager), not Andrew Schiff. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

No sympathy from me.
pimp.gif

Dude complaining about washing his own dishes and how he can't afford to walk his own dogs.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by abutta13

sounds like this guys faking the funk real hard and it caught up to him
be careful, it's a cardinal sin to say that about someone that makes more than you on NT 
laugh.gif
it seems to be perfectly acceptable in the iverson threads

Originally Posted by vkhoj

LoL @ the lack of financial understanding in this thread
edit:

ksteezy actually understands the real issue
lol @ people who jump in with condescending one-sentence posts while fronting like he understands everything.

As soon as I saw KSteezys post on page 1 I knew what this thread was going to turn into. He really gets 0 love here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This should be a lesson to MANY on NT, that spending beyond your means isn't strictly attributed to the poor. There are people in EVERY tax bracket that struggle with making good decisions w. their finances.
This, people have their priorities all %#*!#* up, living beyond their means.  Even being at the top 1% of the bracket, these folks still don't know how to manage their money, which is really sad given their education.  Keeping up with the Jones' is just pathetic, I rather live realistically & have money stashed in case there will be severe inflation (sooner than later). 

This guy pays $500 a month to park his car and $17000 a year on his two dogs lmao.   

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This should be a lesson to MANY on NT, that spending beyond your means isn't strictly attributed to the poor. There are people in EVERY tax bracket that struggle with making good decisions w. their finances.
yea 3x

I would be balling on 75k and putting the other 275k in the bank. People at that level have no grasp of money. 17k on a damn dog???????? That is way OD.

As far as what ksteezy is saying it is all relative. NY is probably the highest cost of living area in the country. But to act like this guy isn't crazy is simply ******ed as well. He is complaining he can't send his kid to a outragously priced school, afford a second home, and spends 17k on dogs per year. Sounds like the guy has is priorities backwards. And to think this guy is in charge of peoples money
30t6p3b.gif

welp if he gets rid of the dogs and stops golfing, he saves $24,500.
grin.gif

Oh yeah, I live in LA and could live like a boss with 350k

just read the full article though, 350k in Detroit is comfortable but there are way more people with way more money living in the surrounding suburbs here believe it or not, and yea this guy was doin the most, he really pushed a dollar to its fullest extent and now should learn from that

I can relate... sort of.

Coming out of college, I was looking for any sort of job that paid at least 24k. I ended up getting 40, and I remember telling my dad that I was going to save sooooo much money. He told me, "you won't save a dime... you tend to spend what you make."

He was right. Pretty soon I was overcommitted and feeling pressured.

I ditched the sales job and took a dream job in professional sports for 1/3 of the pay... but I ride the bus and sold my car. I know that 40k is a fraction of 350k, but I guess I can see it. These dudes are also probably hanging out with crowds where they feel pressure to eat the best, wear the best, drive the best. I think there's more to this than people think.

350k?

I'd be living like a bawse. I'm young, single, and life would involve going to work and partying on the weekends.
Time to settle down? Thats cool. I'm bringing in 350k + a year and my wife woudl be bringing something to the table as well so kids are no problem.

Some people try to live beyond their means. Dude is really paying that much for some dogs?
I've had dogs all my life any my family hasn't dropped that kind of money on them.

I could get a condo or a house. It wouldn't even be an issue. Cars? Not an issue, I could get a very nice car within a pretty large price range.

Like honestly, how do some people not appreciate what they have?

There are families out there that live off of what this guy spends on his dog and golfing. And he's complaining about 350k not being enough. I'd be happy with just a third of what he's getting.

Originally Posted by twizzi

Isnt the amount for a decent living 120,000 a year?
laugh.gif
Decent? I guess it's relative to your situation but that's double what most need to live "decently".

Back
Top Bottom