Would you use a website that helps you choose what to wear?

I've been considering making a website that helps people choose among things they have a lot of, such as sneakerheads and shoes.

It could be used for any sort of item, but for example with shoes you could enter every pair you own in your account on the website along with specifics like  "color" or "last worn date". It could then either chose a pair randomly, or you could specify for example "Find a black pair I haven't worn in 2 months" and it would list those that match.

There would also be a "worn/used today" button next to each item for 1-click updates of the last used date.

This could be used for all sorts of things like food/recipes, other clothing, etc.

Would any of you use such a website?

Thanks

Last edited:
I think this is an interesting idea. I'd go with an app versus a website. Need something for all the ties I have :lol:

Shoe lace man!
Crazy cuz I always have an idea of what I want to wear with my kicks (especially events) but for some reason I have to see an image via google.
Good idea

Wouldn't personally use it, but can see the potential. Good luck!

View media item 2234053
I feel like i dont own enough clothes to warrant this.

I have ALOT of sneakers but in my head i can put a fit together with ease.

I mean the options break down seasonally so its not like choosing from everything in your closet.

Last edited:
I've bought a domain I thought of which for once was available (I must have tried 100 domains for other ideas that were always taken).

I'm already working on the website.

I think thats a great idea, OP.

However, how would you make money doing this?
I'll have banner ads on the website to make money. In any case I think it would be worth doing even if I was the only one using it, so if I can make extra money too that's a bonus.

I've already done more than I expected of the website by now, I started hours ago and already have a website done where I can add items with all sorts of specs and ability to highlight items different colors and it lists the items you add. I even made it so the various possible columns like color/flavor/rating/quantity/etc automatically appear only if at least one item in your list has a value for that column, otherwise the column won't be shown. It will also support having multiple different lists in the same user account.

I still need to add the search feature, advanced sorting options (the ability for users to specify sorting such as sort by brand ascending, then by rating descending, then by name ascending) and the ability to create user accounts.

At this rate it should be working within a week, if not a few days.

What column options should I offer? I now have: Name, photo, brand, color, format, flavor, scent, rating, strength rating, quantity, last use date, and a custom field the user can rename independently for each list they create. I'm thinking of adding size and shape and perhaps a total of 3 or 4 custom-nameable columns instead of just one.

Anyone have other suggestions for features? I'll probably have most of it working within 24 hours, there's already not too much left.

Thanks

Last edited:
if the site tells me to put my Vick jersey with Olympic 7 then i'm in.

also in for NT denim :pimp:

so will I have to enter each item of clothing that I wore for a particular day? It's nice that you're being creative, but no offense, this sounds like such a hassle. 

laugh.gif

Yeah it seems a bit of a hassle.

People get apps to make certain mundane tasks in their life easier and convenient. It seems kinda difficult to make the process of deciding on clothes easier.

I didn't even read the title, you making a website? Nah baby most people want apps not websites :lol:

Back
Top Bottom