Wow.. Amare does not deserve to start at Allstar Game.

indifferent.gif
As of late, he's been horrible. Hopefully this pumps uphis play to look like an allstar. It has to be because the game is in Phoenix.

[h1]

Notes: Amaré is voted All-Star Game starter[/h1]
19 commentsby Paul Coro - Jan. 21, 2009 10:06 PM
The Arizona Republic

NEW YORK - Suns star Amaré Stoudemire rallied to a personal victory this week, passing Denver's Carmelo Anthony in fan voting to earn his first start in an NBA All-Star Game.

Stoudemire edged Anthony for the second forward spot alongside San Antonio's Tim Duncan and Houston's Yao Ming in the Western Conference frontcourt for the Feb. 15 game in Phoenix. The official announcement of the All-Star starters will be at 5 tonight on TNT's pregame show.

Stoudemire opened the fan voting with a lead in December, but it gradually decreased with each set of returns until Anthony passed him two weeks ago.

This will be Stoudemire's fourth All-Star Game appearance in five seasons, missing a shot at the year he missed because of knee surgery. He is the first Suns' All-Star starter since Steve Nash in 2006 and the first Suns frontcourt starter since Charles Barkley in 1996.

eek.gif
@ you saying that! but yeah, what's been going on with Amarelately. I did expect him to beast when Shaq came on board. He had some monster games early... but tailed of big time.

you know they don't play D that day, so he fits in perfectly as the starter.

yeah man....amare has been pretty bad

this team is just frustrating to watch right now...we need to get over this slump FAST or we may not end up in the playoffs

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

indifferent.gif
As of late, he's been horrible. Hopefully this pumps up his play to look like an allstar. It has to be because the game is in Phoenix.

[h1]

Notes: Amaré is voted All-Star Game starter[/h1]
19 commentsby Paul Coro - Jan. 21, 2009 10:06 PM
The Arizona Republic

NEW YORK - Suns star Amaré Stoudemire rallied to a personal victory this week, passing Denver's Carmelo Anthony in fan voting to earn his first start in an NBA All-Star Game.

Stoudemire edged Anthony for the second forward spot alongside San Antonio's Tim Duncan and Houston's Yao Ming in the Western Conference frontcourt for the Feb. 15 game in Phoenix. The official announcement of the All-Star starters will be at 5 tonight on TNT's pregame show.

Stoudemire opened the fan voting with a lead in December, but it gradually decreased with each set of returns until Anthony passed him two weeks ago.

This will be Stoudemire's fourth All-Star Game appearance in five seasons, missing a shot at the year he missed because of knee surgery. He is the first Suns' All-Star starter since Steve Nash in 2006 and the first Suns frontcourt starter since Charles Barkley in 1996.
You seriously don't support Amare starting @ ASG? I thought you rode him hard, I remember last year you cared more about how many dunks he hadin a game than the Suns actually winning them.

Another reason why (most) "fans" shouldn't be allowed to vote for All Stars spots.

But a dude like David Less probably won't get to make a trip out there this year. SMH

he doesn't deserve to be an all star this year. Hopefully it doesn't take up a spot for Pau.

well the all star game will be held in Phoenix so maybe there was a rush of votes before the final tally from suns fans, i thought melo had the 2nd forwardspot on lock.

its crazy how old %%! shaq is outplaying this bum amare right now.

the way stat is playing he doesnt even deserve to be in the asg, hes underacheived all year, he doesnt play a lick of defense and dude is still chirping aboutbeing the #1.

i mean if his shots dont fall, i at least expect "standing tall and talented" to grab some rebounds, give some assists something to help his team.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Besides Melo...who else should start in front of him?
340x.jpg

Not a big fan of Dirk, but he's played very well and his team is only a spot behind Phoenix.

the first Suns' All-Star starter since Steve Nash in 2006
Wow the first Suns' All-Star starter since Steve Nash in freakin 2006? 3 years ago? AMARE4MVPWOOOOT!!!FTW!!

Back
Top Bottom