Wow Kaka!

MILAN (AP) - AC Milan star Kaka's future remained unresolved Wednesday amid reports that he could be on his way to Real Madrid in a $92 million deal.
Milan vice president Adriano Galliani was in Madrid on Tuesday night to finalize the deal, along with Kaka's father-manager Bosco Leite, Italiansports dailies La Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere dello Sport reported Wednesday.[table][tr][td]
9642294_36_1.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kaka, the FIFA World Player of the Year in 2007, might soon be the start of the next Galactico revolution at Real Madrid. (Marcello Paternostro / Getty Images)[/td] [/tr][/table]
After four hours of meetings with Madrid president Florentino Perez, a deal was reached under which Kaka would get $13.5 million a season for five years,Gazzetta said.

But Britain's Sky Sports News reported that Chelsea had countered Madrid's offer by bidding 73.5 million pounds ($120 million) for Kaka and offeringhim 10 million pounds ($16.4 million) per year in wages after tax.

Kaka's coach at Milan, Carlo Ancelotti, was appointed Monday as Chelsea's new manager.

None of the clubs involved have offered official confirmation on the dealings.

"There is still no decision," Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian premier, told ANSA news agency. "On Monday I will meet Kaka and thenI will let you know."

Milan said on its Web site that Galliani was only in Madrid because he had been previously invited to attend a dinner honoring Perez. Madrid said it hadnothing to announce.

Kaka's Milan teammates seemed resigned to seeing the 2007 world player of the year leave.

"I want to wait until it becomes official, but of course it greatly upsets me," Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso said from Italy's trainingcamp. "Kaka is not just any old player. Someone who helps you win is leaving."

Gattuso said the current financial crisis may play a role in Milan's apparent decision to sell Kaka.

"When confronted with certain numbers, the club decided to put him on the market," Gattuso said, according to the ANSA news agency. "I'mon Milan's payroll and if the club has made that decision it's not up to me to intervene."

Kaka flew home on Monday to Brazil to join the national team for World Cup qualifiers and the Confederations Cup.

Before leaving, however, he insisted he was happy in Milan.

"I want to stay with Milan and from today this issue is over," Kaka said in Gazzetta on Tuesday. "I will say it for the last time, the lasttime. I don't want to leave Milan."

But Berlusconi conceded he didn't think he could keep the Brazilian midfielder.

"I don't think we can keep him back because they're offering so much money," he said Tuesday.

Kaka was also the subject of a failed record bid by City in January that would have made him the best-paid player in football, but he turned down the movesaying he chose Milan over money.

New Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini said this week he planned to bring in new players to revitalize the club which finished second in the league behindBarcelona.

Perez instituted the "Galactico" policy of signing the game's biggest stars during his first tenure with the club, and has pledged a similarapproach to the transfer market this offseason.

eek.gif
thats a lot of Cake!

hes worth the money but they still need another star cause real sold almost everybody they had

It would be cool to see him at Chelsea instead of Real
either way thats a lot of money

Back
Top Bottom