Wow @ Nissan.

smh.gif
smh.gif
That's @%!$%! up.

^ i guess to throw the pedestrian up in the air to avoid hitting the windshield that cost $21,021,112 to replace.

This is from the Honda website, but I'm sure Pedestrian Safety Bonnets are installed for the same reason on other cars:

Honda has developed a pop-up bonnet system for pedestrian safety. Three sensors located inside the front bumper and a vehicle speed sensor to determine if an impact with a pedestrian has occurred signal an actuator to raise the rear portion of the engine bonnet approximately 10cm. This provides a space between the bonnet, the engine and other hard components to reduce pedestrian head injuries.

Use of the pop-up bonnet for pedestrian safety can cause approximately a 40 per cent reduction in HIC (Head Injury Criteria) values, according to Honda's internal research. This achieves a higher level of pedestrian safety performance even in models where design considerations make it difficult to provide ample clearance between the bonnet, the engine and other hard components.

Source: http://www.ae-plus.com/Key topics/kt-safety-news2.htm

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

^ i guess to throw the pedestrian up in the air to avoid hitting the windshield that cost $21,021,112 to replace.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I mean seems like a good feature...but $18k to replace? Really?

no safety feature is gonna save someones life if they get hit by a GTR, well it might save their life, but when they pop out of the comma and see the resultsthey gonna wish they died

Dam how ur accident cost you a cheaper car
roll.gif
dudes insurance isgonna look banana's hope they got accident forgiveness in the UK

Back
Top Bottom