Wow! Steven Strasburg

Thanks. Hopefully he winds up in Seattle because I really do not want to hear JRAIN slurping Strassburg for 7 years.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

JESUS

Just took a look at the second post

The dbacks have FIVE
alien.gif
laugh.gif
Yep... Rangers had that same situation a couple yearsback and that's part of the reason they rebuilt the entire farm system so quickly..

No way the Nats don't sign him. I heard on ESPN that he's already as good as A.J Burnett and is the biggest prospect in the last 20 years.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

He's going to go the JD Drew route....We'll see him in the 2010 draft

And the Nats having nothing to lose. If they don't draft him, they get the same pick again next year I believe. So they'll get the 1 and 2 next yearmaybe....something like that. That's what I saw on espn

well... if they draft him and he doesn't sign is what I think you meant.

There's quite a few who didn't sign from last years draft but I don't see any projected in the mocks i've seen online. (see the second post forcompensatory picks for non signed picks)

Yeah, the Nats have the 10th pick this year because they didn't sign Aaron Crow with the 9th pick last year...

If you draft a guy and don't sign him, you get slotted behind that same pick the next year... But if the Nats draft a guy at 10 and don't sign him thisyear, they don't get compensation next year...

If they drafted Strasburg #1, and he didn't sign, they'd get the second pick next year... Likely be drafting #1 and #2 overall, and Strasburg would beright back in this situation a year from now... Being drafted and not signing would do him absolutely no good.

It would be ******ed for Strassburg to not sign. His stock is as high as its going to get go out and get that guaranteed money.

Back
Top Bottom