Wow THE .45 CALIBER BULLET AND PISTOL WAS CREATED BECAUSE OF THE PHILIPPINES

kapsi1911

Banned
The U.S. Army .45-caliber pistol was developed to meet the need for a weapon with enough striking power to stop fanatical charges of lawless Moro tribesmen in hand-to-hand fighting."

The .45 ACP remains one of the top handgun cartridges for stopping power.

Basically they needed a larger caliber handgun in order to stop the determined charges of the warriors in the Mororebellion which was in the Philippines.

damn Philippines....
pimp.gif

got me thinking about my woman
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Please explain why you would use a yellow highlight on yellow font?

freal headache status

they had to make a gun cause they couldnt compete with yoyos?? lol

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My bad y'all it was colored because it was the result of a cached search from Google and I cut and pasted itin.

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Yep... ironically, I carry a .45 Kimber 1911.

Dang yo, you carry a .45ACP. Who pissed you off?
laugh.gif
. No but for real I'm finally going to buy a Pistol and a Shotgun after theNew Years. I'm looking at the Springfield XD .45 which holds 13+1 rounds in .45ACP, which is pretty amazing considering most .45's are a 7+1. As far asthe shotgun I'm getting the Mossberg J.I.C. series 12 gauge.

GAxd45_122005A.jpg

XD lovers will be excited about the newest member of this family's line-up. Springfield Armory is now offering their popular Xtreme Duty (XD) handgun in .45 ACP. The polymer-framed sidearm has a 14 round capacity and will be initially offered with a four-inch barrel, with a five-inch variant soon to follow. Each XD in .45 ACP will be sold with an XD Gear System at no extra charge. The Gear System includes a belt holster, double magazine pouch, magazine loader, two magazines and cable lock -- a $75 value. The new XD in .45 ACP will initially be available in black, with Bi-Tone and OD Green soon to follow. For an in-depth review of the XD in .45 ACP, make sure to pick up the April 2006 issue of Guns & Ammo magazine.

that kick back looks pretty serious
laugh.gif
smh.gif
at those clowns that seriously think they can bust shots single handedly holding the gun horizontal
unless you are frickin Arnold Schwarzenegger it's not happening

KAPSI1911

I hope you have had some experience firing a shotgun because that Mossberg pistol grip with the impact of a 12 gauge can bust your front teeth all over therange if you lose that grip.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

KAPSI1911

I hope you have had some experience firing a shotgun because that Mossberg pistol grip with the impact of a 12 gauge can bust your front teeth all over the range if you lose that grip.

I've shot a shottie before, and yes your right it has a lot of kick, but I've also shot theM-240 Bravo machine gun, the M-249, the M-203 40mm Grenade launcher (under the M-16A4), and the M-79 Blooper 40mm grenade launcher. I'm used to the morepowerful weapons and I respect them more than anything else.

^ The m240 I give credit, but i must say that the m249 and m203 did not have much of a "kickback" . . .

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Yep... ironically, I carry a .45 Kimber 1911.
not ironic at all. just coincidental.

Ironic - that I carry one and that I am also Filipino.. who is part of Apat Na Alon and PASA (ASU) which is about teaching Filipino Heritage. Ironic becausethe 1911 was used to separate many a Pilipino from family, friends, and their own lives, and I'm about uniting them.
Probably because they were all doped up.
Not far from the truth. Moros would do incantations, use syrums, and other things to prepare for battle. Then off they go cutting heads away.

Chop Chop

Edit: Oh yea and Kapsi... I carry the Kimber .45 1911, because of it's use in the Phil-Am war. Aaand I would suggest going to a range and shooting the unitbefore you invest in it. Lotsa rounds won't do no help if you can't keep the barrel in the right direction. The Kimber has very little kickback (for a.45) and is soooo easy to hit targets. I don't shoot much but can hit a clothespin at 30+ feet. edit edit - the Mossberg has a nice foldup extension for ittoo.. I'm thinking about picking up a tactical Mossberg.

18th letter wrote:
that kick back looks pretty serious
laugh.gif
smh.gif
at those clowns that seriously think they can bust shots single handedly holding the gun horizontal
unless you are frickin Arnold Schwarzenegger it's not happening

eek.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Why were they shooting up a target in the "I surrender" pose?

Back
Top Bottom