WrestleMania Fallout 4/6 - NT WrestleMania Prediction Contest Results Posted! p1

i thought wm was average at best..... punk /jericho and hhh/taker was the only thing that was good to me,,,, the rest was really lack luster..... rock /cena wasnt that good

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by heelish

stealing the WM spotlight 4 years in a row 
eek.gif

Didn't even think about that.

The boys in the back have to be wishing he retires soon.

IMO:Undertaker stole the show at wrestlemania 23 too.. vs Batista

Anyone notice the holes cut out in the cell? Maybe it was meant for taker and hhh to climb.
Or maybe it was just for the tech people to climb and hook up the cage.

Originally Posted by heelish

^ Hm, you'd be right if it wasn't for HBK/Cena, probably my favorite Cena match yet.

I personally HATED the ending of cena v hbk @ wm 23.. (HBK should've won)I also HATED the fact that cena did not sell a leg injury..

I don't understand how this Mania was "ok/mediocre" considering the last couple WMs have been quite forgetful.

Originally Posted by hellaones

I don't understand how this Mania was "ok/mediocre" considering the last couple WMs have been quite forgetful.

I'm not saying that wm 28 was "ok/mediocre"
but IMO WM28 would've been better without this:
-The burial of the world heavyweight title and d.bryan (Disgrace)
- Cody v Big Show
- Team Johnny v Team Teddy
- Divas tag team match
- B.Clay (stereotypes & tomfoolery)
- MGK & Flo rida concerts

In fact the only thing that really piss me of was the opening match..  

wm29 better have somebody good or great performing

give me nas, jay z, wu-tang or somebody like that.

if it turns out to be french montana or somebody like that, i'll burn my ticket

Seth Mates, who worked with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a creative writer for WWE in the build-up to his 2002 match with Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, finds it odd that some wrestlers are resentful of his return to the organization.

"The resentment towards Rock always struck me as a little bit funny," he tells the Pro Wrestling Torch. "Because the thing about Rock is that people like are jealous of Rock not for stealing the spot but for being one of the guys who got out. You know he made it. He made it in a big way. He made a ton of money. And then he had an exit plan. And now he can come back and work when he wants. And it’s not like Rock is coming back and working with a guy who – he’s coming back to help make John Cena bigger than Cena ever was. He’s coming back to work with a guy who works house shows and who works Raw. You know. He’s coming back and he’s bringing mainstream attention. I can’t speak to the locker room leader this and whatever. I just know that wrestlers like to talk, wrestlers like to stir the pot, wrestlers like to cause trouble. Not a knock on them. Everybody does in every profession. You know every job I’ve ever had people talk you know what about other people in the room. Rock’s not stealing anybody’s spot. Rock is bringing a lot of eyeballs."

Mates believes Triple H's jealousy of Johnson (based around his success in wrestling and in Hollywood after he left) is the driving force behind much of the negativity.

"I know that a lot of the stuff that Cena has said about Rock and his feelings towards Rock sound like something that would be coming directly from, you know Mr. Helmsley and his view," he said. "Because, again, as I said, I always sensed some insecurities as related to Rock and to [Steve] Austin and how, again, in my mind and perception, he never was at that level. And so he wanted to position himself as, well, I’m as good, if not better. Which I don’t know that he has done that."

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Coulda had:
Ziggler vs. Foley

Money in the Bank

Del Rio vs. Orton

Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Foley is such a f*cking wh*re, wish he stayed retired after that Hell In A Cell match with HHH. Keep him off my TV, dude is a leech
Sin Cara is a bust, but wish that match happened for all the hilarious moments.

No MITB was disappointing, should've had the Team Teddy vs Team Johnny guys in that match

Also wish WWE built up a Cody/Goldust brother vs brother feud for WM

WWE sent out the following press release after WrestleMania touting the event's unbelievable success:

MIAMI, Apr 01, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- WWE[emoji]174[/emoji] WWE +0.34% announced tonight that WrestleMania XXVIII set three records. With a sellout crowd of 78,363 fans from all 50 states and 36 countries, the annual pop culture extravaganza became Sun Life Stadium’s largest attended event and highest grossing entertainment event in history. Grossing $8.9 million, it was also the highest grossing live event in WWE history. The event was broadcast around the world on pay-per-view in more than 105 countries and 20 languages.

The previous Sun Life Stadium attendance record was 77,912 for the BCS National Championship in 2005. Its highest grossing entertainment event was U2 on June 29, 2011, grossing more than $7.5 million. WrestleMania XXVIII surpassed the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania in Houston, which grossed $7.2 million. This marks the third consecutive year WrestleMania broke the gross entertainment event record of the host venue.

WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami-Dade County was an incredible event for WWE. WWE would like to thank our loyal fans, as well as the public and private sector partners for their tireless efforts to help make WrestleMania Week such a success,

GotHolesInMySocks wrote:
Mates believes Triple H's jealousy of Johnson (based around his success in wrestling and in Hollywood after he left) is the driving force behind much of the negativity.

"I know that a lot of the stuff that Cena has said about Rock and his feelings towards Rock sound like something that would be coming directly from, you know Mr. Helmsley and his view," he said. "Because, again, as I said, I always sensed some insecurities as related to Rock and to [Steve] Austin and how, again, in my mind and perception, he never was at that level. And so he wanted to position himself as, well, I’m as good, if not better. Which I don’t know that he has done that."
HHH is my dude and all, but he will NEVER be on the same level of Rock/Austin/Hogan/Savage/Flair. EVER. He's not even on Hart/Michaels/Taker/Foley level. Without his politics, he'd be Test/Steve Blackman/D'Lo Brown status. Not a main eventer, not a jobber. Just a midcarder. For life.
Matter of fact, he was the LEAST over member of DX.  No need to mention Shawn. New Age Outlaws were out-popping him, Road Dogg had 2nd/3rd place in selling the most merchandise behind Stone Cold during the Attitude Era. Chynna was killing dudes left & right. X-Pac had people going nuts by doing the gayest move in wrestling history, the Bronco Buster. 
embarassed.gif

He truly seems hurt by this fact, he's like the 50 Cent of wrestling. Both have had success, rocked with legends, have some classic material, but the public will never take them as a true superstar & it eats them both up on the inside. I mean, he's pretty much going to BE Vince McMahon & he's still not satisfied.

His jealousy is strong, I remember reading how him & HBK tried to hold The Rock back but Bret Hart wasn't having it. Plus Undertaker sonning HBK for trying to bury Austin. Kliq members STAY losing, word to Taker's WM streak.

hbk was trying to bury austin but taker stopped it??

got more info/links on this?

Just went through all of the second link. Undertaker is a BOSS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Austin, McMahon, Undertaker and Michaels were in a meeting with other officials planning the WWE's strategy going forward. Apparently, leading up to WMXIV, the idea was for HBK to drop the strap to Austin, which HBK initially rejected. At this point Undertaker began to tape his fists methodically. The Deadman told HBK that it was advisable that he, HBK, change his mind about doing the job by the time that he, Undertaker, finished taping his fists or he will MAKE HBK change his mind the hard way. WINNER: WWE and WWE fans because Austin went on to become one of the biggest stars in wrestling history during the Attitude era.

When the Big Show first started off with the WWE he would go around the backstage and disrespect his fellow wrestlers story goes that The Undertaker went up to the Big show and told him to shut his mouth or he will shut it for him ever since then Show has stood clear from The Deadman. 
Not really a fight, but yet another Angle skirmish. On an airplane, Vince jokingly reminded Angle that he was the only person to take him down. Angle decided to have a little fun, and promptly took Vince down in the aisle. For the rest of the flight, Vince would try to take Angle down at any opportunity he had. During one altercation, the noise woke up a sleeping Undertaker, who either not knowing who was wrestling with Vince, or not realizing that they were just messing around, grabbed Angle from behind, and choked him out.

Very interested to see what the reaction from other wrestlers are after Rock's win.

What did Meltzer say on that LAW Show last night...between their negativity and gettin sleepy, I didn't stick around to hear him.

Back
Top Bottom