Wrestling thoooo???!?!?!

Originally Posted by YardFather

I can't believe this argument still exists.

Pro wrestling isn't a sport, everyone knows that. Everybody knows the outcomes to every match are predetermined and they aren't really in there trying to kill each other.

But is pro wrestling real???

You bet your *+@ it's real.

It's live entertainment. There's no do-overs if you screw up, there's no stunt doubles. I could post hundreds of videos of wrestlers doing things far more dangerous/real than any professional sport.

Professional wrestlers are on the road 300 days a year, traveling around the world, away from their families, to ENTERTAIN fans. Keep in mind these aren't pro athletes who have an off season and who are making 8 and 9 figure salaries in order to win. Most pro wrestlers barely make 6 figures and everything they do isn't to win, it's about making people happy.

The charity work these guys do is admirable as well. For years the WWE has been putting on shows in the Middle East for US Troops, John Cena is the #1 Make a Wish granter of all time, the list goes on.

Ask Muhammad Ali, James Brown, Bob Dylan, Elton John, etc etc where they got their style and influence from.

Do you know who Gorgeous George is? The man who single-handedly established television as a medium of entertainment and essentially created American pop culture.

Your favorite athlete, rapper, entertainer, etc etc in some form or other was influenced by professional wrestling.

Do your **!%#@ homework:

IeKgC.gif

the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Originally Posted by casekicks

I just can't take anyone serious who watches wrestling. It's stupid as F.;*
I did watch wrestling at a time. (5th-6th grade.) (stone cold, rock, degeneration X), but I was young, and EVERYBODY watched it then.

And I just can't take anyone serious who has multiple bottles of cough syrup in their avy trying to front like their cool..Their stupid as F.;*
So you're saying you was basically a mindless drone who couldnt think for himself and decide what he liked on his own?..Even in 6th grade you was weak son..
indifferent.gif

Its to let people know where I am from. Lol. By looking at your avi, I can see why ur mad. Hahaha.Be real man... When ur young, you like what everyone likes, and want to do what everyone does. I was 12. Don't be so sensitive... Everyone has their own opinion, and ur obviously hurt by mine. Go order some PPV and calm down.

stingwjbjd.gif

Originally Posted by casekicks

I just can't take anyone serious who watches wrestling. It's stupid as F.;*
I did watch wrestling at a time. (5th-6th grade.) (stone cold, rock, degeneration X), but I was young, and EVERYBODY watched it then.

And I just can't take anyone serious who has multiple bottles of cough syrup in their avy trying to front like their cool..Their stupid as F.;*
So you're saying you was basically a mindless drone who couldnt think for himself and decide what he liked on his own?..Even in 6th grade you was weak son..
indifferent.gif

Its to let people know where I am from. Lol. By looking at your avi, I can see why ur mad. Hahaha. Be real man... When ur young, you like what everyone likes, and want to do what everyone does. I was 12. Don't be so sensitive... Everyone has their own opinion, and ur obviously hurt by mine. Go order some PPV and calm down.

So you're from Robitusin?..And no you don't like what everyone else likes when your young..I'm not the one cryin' about being 12 and being such a spineless follower that you did whatever anyone told you was cool to do..And I already ordered a PPV..It was the Royal Rumble and with the exception of Savage/Steamboat from WM III, I've never witnessed a better wrestling event in my life
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Anything past 2005 I feel you. Has its moments here and there, but it's the same anymore.
tired.gif
I met this dude at Abdullah the Butcher's House of Ribs (and Chinese food) on the Sunday of Wrestlemania down in Atlanta last year. It was so funny seeing everyone try to whisper about dude like he didn't know people were talking about him. Really nice guy though.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Why are all the wrestling fans upset??? I do admit the Gifs are hilarious tho.

posting gifs=being upset?

Def not. That's being funny. Whoever lashes out at someone's opinion... I dont go into the wrestling thread and talk bad about it. But as soon as I come in a neutral topic and say my opinion.. People get mad, and defend something I think is stupid. Did I defend cough syrup when u disliked it??? No. I just stated my reason for having it. Keep being mad at peoples opinions...Ur losing at life.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Why are all the wrestling fans upset??? I do admit the Gifs are hilarious tho.

posting gifs=being upset?

Def not. That's being funny. Whoever lashes out at someone's opinion... I dont go into the wrestling thread and talk bad about it. But as soon as I come in a neutral topic and say my opinion.. People get mad, and defend something I think is stupid. Did I defend cough syrup when u disliked it??? No. I just stated my reason for having it. Keep being mad at peoples opinions...Ur losing at life.
Nuh Uh, ur losing at life..So there
tongue.gif

donttalki

wait what? When did i say anything about cough syrup? And now im losing at life? And im the one lashing out at people? (Who)..........the thread was a question posed to wrestling fans the people came in stating how wrestlings for children and idiots, why wouldnt we defend it? And like u said everyone has opinions but some people keep trying to pass theres off for fact. not everyone likes the same thing live and let live

Entertainment... nostalgia... playing WWE12 against my brother still is fun *flamesuit on*

Wrestling = Entertainment. No different than watching movies, TV or sports.

Who cares what other watch or enjoy? Seriously, grow the hell up!

Note to 4W or any NT mod........is it possible to keep actual WRESTLING discussion separate from the other activities that take place in the weekly wrestling thread? Please. It's become totally unreadable and very difficult to follow recently with all the "fantasy wrestling" discussions. To each their own but I actually click on the wrestling thread to get the latest info about WWE and TNA events. Instead I'm left reading a bunch of stuff not having anything to do with the weeks past TV and PPV events.

Back
Top Bottom