Wrestling Thread 5/19-6/1 | WWE Payback PPV - Shield v Evolution | Will Daniel Bryan Forfeit His Tit

Meltzer was saying on last night's Observer Radio that he spoke with someone very close to Vince.  He said it's not losing the $350-400 million that is bothering Vince... he has plenty of money.  It's the fact that all of these media outlets are ripping him and the WWE for losing the money based on poor decisions that is eating Vince up.

I truly believe this... VKM never seemed like the type who loves money... I think to him, being a billionaire was much more about the title and status symbol, then actually having that money... He views money as power... Which is very respectable in my book...

Watched the Brodie Lee/Cena match... Ever single move Brodie used, was late 90's cruiserweight stuff... He's so much fun to watch in the ring...

Brodie is a future WWE World Champ. Not many active big men (outside of Willie Mack, Uhaa Nation and maybe Steen) out there that can pull moves like that in a ring. He really plays his character perfectly.

Last edited:
Please. Like someone doesn't care about losing 350 million haha

But I do believe he'd still be upset about those bashing the company's decisions.

How many mitb ladder matches will there be this year with just one belt? 1?

I'd assume 1. But that just means either guys who normally get in 1 of 2 MITBs get left out, or they try to pack 10 guys in for 1, with guys still getting left out. Based on how everybody stands right now, the most logical MITB winners would be Cesaro, Sheamus :smile:x :rolleyes), Barrett, someone from the Shield, or a Wyatt. Unless you're confident they can rebuild a guy after giving him the MITB, you may as well rule out Ziggler, Ryback, Sandow and Cody.

How many mitb ladder matches will there be this year with just one belt? 1?
I'd assume 1. But that just means either guys who normally get in 1 of 2 MITBs get left out, or they try to pack 10 guys in for 1, with guys still getting left out. Based on how everybody stands right now, the most logical MITB winners would be Cesaro, Sheamus (
sick.gif
eyes.gif
), Barrett, someone from the Shield, or a Wyatt. Unless you're confident they can rebuild a guy after giving him the MITB, you may as well rule out Ziggler, Ryback, Sandow and Cody.
I would have one for the title shot, and a second ladder match (not actual MITB Match) with both the US and IC Belts over the ring to unify them.

Last edited:

I got 2 observations about that video..

1. SZ has a God awful arm-drag

2. SZ has the most confusing trunks I've ever seen..

as a kid when i got into wrestling - i was more interested in the don muraco ic beefs than anything bob backlund was up to with the heavyweight title
honestly i think thats whats truly bad about wwe today,in the 80s hogan was the champ yea but i always cared more about the warrior vs rick rude for the ic title,or the feuds when  macho had the ic title(r.i.p)

in the early 90s bret as ic champ was gold same in the mid 90s when shawn micheals was ic champ and his ic belt feuds...even with rock and stone cold feuding for the ic belt.it was truly important even tho it wasnt the big belt,it never really felt like a smaller belt,but it sure does now due to lack of storylines i mean cmon a beat the clock?? smh 

i should add...

i did care as much about bob backlund's heavyweight title when it was against ic champ muraco
ha ha

Last edited:
I haven't been able to sit down an watch a wrestling show in weeks. I'm going to make time for War of the worlds, though.

Sucks WWE hasn't been good, but I really have no interest to watch. Only have time for a match here and there. Can someone point out some good recent matches to watch? (DCAllAmericanReject???)

Watching some WCW 2000, saw Spring Stampede the other day when it was on.

Sooo stupid how they made the old, established guys faces vs. the young & hungry heels.

Quite entertaining though. Billy Kidman is money during these ppvs.

Meltzer was saying on last night's Observer Radio that he spoke with someone very close to Vince.  He said it's not losing the $350-400 million that is bothering Vince... he has plenty of money.  It's the fact that all of these media outlets are ripping him and the WWE for losing the money based on poor decisions that is eating Vince up.
I swear what WWE does on television is exactly what they do in real life. Hype, hype, hype & not deliver. They set unrealistic expectations for the network as far as subscriptions goes. They wanted a million subs & realistically ball parking 700,000. If they would of said, look were doing something different here & would of set lower expectations, investors wouldn't be so butt hurt. 

Vince saying they were going to double or triple the money for the TV rights was just stupid. Honestly over the course of time Vince has made good decisions & has made the same amount of bad ones. Him losing $350 mill is sweatshirt money for this guy and he's not even materialistic. He doesn't care, but what he should care about is having arguably the most talented roster in company history & the worst booking & creative in history. 

Vince & WWE took on too much too soon & its biting them in the ***. It shows. But nothing will change. Vince is insane. He will keep doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different result. 

Back
Top Bottom