Wrestling Thread 5/30-6/5 - June 3 Smackdown - Orton vs Sheamus w/ Christian as Ref

20110525_raw_kharmacrying2_l.jpg

Happy Memorial Day everyone.  Take a moment from grilling and drinking to think of the real reason for the holiday.  Both of my grandfathers and many of my friends were/are in the service.  Thanks to everything they do for us.

I was out of town this weekend, and it's almost time for the shows tonight, so I will be brief here.

Tonight is the finale of Tough Enough, although the winner will not be announced until next week on live on Raw.  My quick take on the three finalists:

• Luke - He seems to be in the mold that WWE likes.  However, do we really need another Alex Riley?  I know some of you would say yes, but Luke is much greener than even Riley.  I would say Luke is the front runner right now just because he has the most attributes WWE looks form.
  • Andy - He has the size, but he's not a good promo and hasn't shown much in the ring (although it's hard to tell when the show is so heavily edited).  He's big, but he's just tall, he doesn't have the bodybuilder body.
  • Jerimiah - I think he has the most potential.  Definitely the most personality.  However, he's very small, and we know how that goes in WWE.  He would be my choice to win in a perfect world.
Regardless of who wins, I think they are all set up to fail.  None of these guys are ready to get over.  None are even close to ready to being on Raw each week.  The winner should be sent down to FCW for a year or two to continue to learn, but if you do that, then there was no point to the show.  I also just get the feeling the crowd is going to quickly turn on any of these guys because WWE will try to give them some cheesy fan friendly gimmick as the Tough Enough winner, and it just won't work.  But aside from getting a bigger contract by winning Tough Enough, I expect all three of these guys, along with Christina, Ive, Martin, and Rima to all end up in FCW anyway.

Here are the key points for tonight's Raw:

• Kharma will speak about her emotional breakdown last week.  I am very, very interested to see how this goes.  I just can't see it turning out well.  Will they address that she is actually pregnant?  Will she have some other fictional explanation for her impending prolonged absence?  Will something happen before she actually gets to the ring and doesn't get a chance to speak?  Like I said last week, it was Kharma's decision to get pregnant, but it was a very poor choice of time.  If WWE decides to humiliate her tonight, I'll roll my eyes, but I won't feel bad for her.
  • Alex Riley finally had enough and turned on The Miz last week.  Riley got a surprising face pop, and The Miz was buried even worse than he was the night before against Cena.  I would assume they will have a match at Capital Punishment.  Maybe Riley backdoors a win there, but in the end, The Miz needs to go over in this program because he has far more potential than Riley, and he also badly needs something to start to rebuild his character.  Of course, The Miz has needed strong wins before and never got them.
  • The Nexus (Otunga and McGuillicutty) won the tag titles from The Big Show and Kane last week.  Why they gave this away for free on Raw rather than the night before on PPV (not to mention with Punk) is beyond me and just further devalues your PPVs.  So does this really mean we're going to see Otunga and McGuillicutty on both shows now?  Hopefully not.  It's not like there are any other tag teams for them to even face.
  • After losing the title, The Big Show was chasing after Alberto Del Rio and then run over by Ricardo Rodriguez.  Big Show laid on the ground screaming in a segment that went on and on and on.  Finally Show tried to walk it off.  I assumed at the time that Show had a legitimate injury, and this was their way of writing him off TV, but apparently that's not the case.  Knowing WWE, Show will probably be back on Raw tonight looking just fine.  An Alberto vs Show and/or Kane feud is not something I'm looking forward to.
  • Reports are that R-Truth will get his main event spot and face Cena for the title at Capital Punishment.  I'm actually really liking the new Truth character, so I wish they weren't pairing him against Cena yet, because we know there is only one way for that to end.  I wish Truth would have gotten a few more months of being built up before going against Cena.  It would benefit WWE in two ways.  One, giving Truth a long winning streak helps to build him up as a legitimate main eventer.  His match against Mysterio at Over The Limit was great.  He needed a few more of those.  Two, if you build Truth up, it makes Cena vs Truth feel like a big deal.  Now, it's just another guy getting thrown in for Cena to beat.  No one besides TennHouse believes that Truth is going to beat Cena for the title, and thus, no one is buying Capital Punishment.  It once again shows that because there are too many PPVs and angles have to be rushed along, it is actually bad for WWE business.
  • Michael Cole returned to the announce table last week.  He was briefly embarrassed, but after a short apology, he was welcomed back as if nothing ever happened.  He tormented Jerry Lawler for months and months, and with a 30 second apology, everything is forgiven.  Cole should have been moved to Smackdown and JR brought back to Raw.  This was the hottest program going into WrestleMania and turned out to probably be the worst program of the year.
It think those are the key points for tonight's show.  Remember as always, keep and Tough Enough talk in spoilers until tomorrow.  Enjoy the shows.

20110525_raw_kharmacrying2_l.jpg

Happy Memorial Day everyone.  Take a moment from grilling and drinking to think of the real reason for the holiday.  Both of my grandfathers and many of my friends were/are in the service.  Thanks to everything they do for us.

I was out of town this weekend, and it's almost time for the shows tonight, so I will be brief here.

Tonight is the finale of Tough Enough, although the winner will not be announced until next week on live on Raw.  My quick take on the three finalists:

• Luke - He seems to be in the mold that WWE likes.  However, do we really need another Alex Riley?  I know some of you would say yes, but Luke is much greener than even Riley.  I would say Luke is the front runner right now just because he has the most attributes WWE looks form.
  • Andy - He has the size, but he's not a good promo and hasn't shown much in the ring (although it's hard to tell when the show is so heavily edited).  He's big, but he's just tall, he doesn't have the bodybuilder body.
  • Jerimiah - I think he has the most potential.  Definitely the most personality.  However, he's very small, and we know how that goes in WWE.  He would be my choice to win in a perfect world.
Regardless of who wins, I think they are all set up to fail.  None of these guys are ready to get over.  None are even close to ready to being on Raw each week.  The winner should be sent down to FCW for a year or two to continue to learn, but if you do that, then there was no point to the show.  I also just get the feeling the crowd is going to quickly turn on any of these guys because WWE will try to give them some cheesy fan friendly gimmick as the Tough Enough winner, and it just won't work.  But aside from getting a bigger contract by winning Tough Enough, I expect all three of these guys, along with Christina, Ive, Martin, and Rima to all end up in FCW anyway.

Here are the key points for tonight's Raw:

• Kharma will speak about her emotional breakdown last week.  I am very, very interested to see how this goes.  I just can't see it turning out well.  Will they address that she is actually pregnant?  Will she have some other fictional explanation for her impending prolonged absence?  Will something happen before she actually gets to the ring and doesn't get a chance to speak?  Like I said last week, it was Kharma's decision to get pregnant, but it was a very poor choice of time.  If WWE decides to humiliate her tonight, I'll roll my eyes, but I won't feel bad for her.
  • Alex Riley finally had enough and turned on The Miz last week.  Riley got a surprising face pop, and The Miz was buried even worse than he was the night before against Cena.  I would assume they will have a match at Capital Punishment.  Maybe Riley backdoors a win there, but in the end, The Miz needs to go over in this program because he has far more potential than Riley, and he also badly needs something to start to rebuild his character.  Of course, The Miz has needed strong wins before and never got them.
  • The Nexus (Otunga and McGuillicutty) won the tag titles from The Big Show and Kane last week.  Why they gave this away for free on Raw rather than the night before on PPV (not to mention with Punk) is beyond me and just further devalues your PPVs.  So does this really mean we're going to see Otunga and McGuillicutty on both shows now?  Hopefully not.  It's not like there are any other tag teams for them to even face.
  • After losing the title, The Big Show was chasing after Alberto Del Rio and then run over by Ricardo Rodriguez.  Big Show laid on the ground screaming in a segment that went on and on and on.  Finally Show tried to walk it off.  I assumed at the time that Show had a legitimate injury, and this was their way of writing him off TV, but apparently that's not the case.  Knowing WWE, Show will probably be back on Raw tonight looking just fine.  An Alberto vs Show and/or Kane feud is not something I'm looking forward to.
  • Reports are that R-Truth will get his main event spot and face Cena for the title at Capital Punishment.  I'm actually really liking the new Truth character, so I wish they weren't pairing him against Cena yet, because we know there is only one way for that to end.  I wish Truth would have gotten a few more months of being built up before going against Cena.  It would benefit WWE in two ways.  One, giving Truth a long winning streak helps to build him up as a legitimate main eventer.  His match against Mysterio at Over The Limit was great.  He needed a few more of those.  Two, if you build Truth up, it makes Cena vs Truth feel like a big deal.  Now, it's just another guy getting thrown in for Cena to beat.  No one besides TennHouse believes that Truth is going to beat Cena for the title, and thus, no one is buying Capital Punishment.  It once again shows that because there are too many PPVs and angles have to be rushed along, it is actually bad for WWE business.
  • Michael Cole returned to the announce table last week.  He was briefly embarrassed, but after a short apology, he was welcomed back as if nothing ever happened.  He tormented Jerry Lawler for months and months, and with a 30 second apology, everything is forgiven.  Cole should have been moved to Smackdown and JR brought back to Raw.  This was the hottest program going into WrestleMania and turned out to probably be the worst program of the year.
It think those are the key points for tonight's show.  Remember as always, keep and Tough Enough talk in spoilers until tomorrow.  Enjoy the shows.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Spoilers say Truth reveals what "Oosta is a roosta from brewsta " means

Yoosta (you are) is a Roosta (!#@$ / **** or gay man) from BREWSTA (Brewster, Massachustets)
step up your Truth Slang 
pimp.gif

Yoosta (you are) is a Roosta (!#@$ / **** or gay man) from BREWSTA (Brewster, Massachustets)
step up your Truth Slang 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Yoosta (you are) is a Roosta (%!%@ / **** or gay man) from BREWSTA (Brewster, Massachustets)
step up you Truth Slang 
pimp.gif
Reminds me of the Simpson's episode when they need a dictionary to translate what Ned Flanders is saying
laugh.gif

Random question: What do you guys think was the best PPV between 04-10? Trying to pick up a few  DVDs but  from what I've seen on youtube/wikipedia the cards were terrible.

Yoosta (you are) is a Roosta (%!%@ / **** or gay man) from BREWSTA (Brewster, Massachustets)
step up you Truth Slang 
pimp.gif
Reminds me of the Simpson's episode when they need a dictionary to translate what Ned Flanders is saying
laugh.gif

Random question: What do you guys think was the best PPV between 04-10? Trying to pick up a few  DVDs but  from what I've seen on youtube/wikipedia the cards were terrible.

Dolph vs Kofi why?  WHY NOT?!?!!
I'll make a prediction.  There is a cheap finish and neither guy gets over any more than they already are.  This is a classic example of why WWE so desperately needs lower class guys (or jobbers) that they can feed to guys like Dolph and Kofi to build them up, so when Dolph and Kofi actually face each other, it feels important.

And for Punk and Mysterio, it will be a good match, but this should be a PPV match.  Nothing something announced an hour before Raw starts.

Dolph vs Kofi why?  WHY NOT?!?!!
I'll make a prediction.  There is a cheap finish and neither guy gets over any more than they already are.  This is a classic example of why WWE so desperately needs lower class guys (or jobbers) that they can feed to guys like Dolph and Kofi to build them up, so when Dolph and Kofi actually face each other, it feels important.

And for Punk and Mysterio, it will be a good match, but this should be a PPV match.  Nothing something announced an hour before Raw starts.

step up your Truth Slang 
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seriously tho they need to start building guys up and make them seem like they have at least a snowballs chance in hell of beating super-hulkamaina Cena, instead of no chance in hell

step up your Truth Slang 
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seriously tho they need to start building guys up and make them seem like they have at least a snowballs chance in hell of beating super-hulkamaina Cena, instead of no chance in hell

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They couldn't have used a worse picture of Kharma? She looks repulsive. In her speech tonight, she gets buried. The WWE can't be happy with her getting pregnant and this is the beginning of her punishment.

Truth shouldn't be fighting Cena this soon but with so many PPVs and no time build angles they had no choice but to do this. The angle will be over by June.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They couldn't have used a worse picture of Kharma? She looks repulsive. In her speech tonight, she gets buried. The WWE can't be happy with her getting pregnant and this is the beginning of her punishment.

Truth shouldn't be fighting Cena this soon but with so many PPVs and no time build angles they had no choice but to do this. The angle will be over by June.

Back
Top Bottom