Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

Knowing what happens next week withstanding, how bad is it that TNA wasn't even an option for Punk on tv?

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by diew its james

the promo where paul heyman shoots on vince during the alliance was much better but this is really good for this era

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]I have CM Punk and Bryan Danielson left in mainstream hope....
which with Bryan.... there isn't much hope. He continues to kill it IN the ring and yet.... nothing.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNA will die a slow lowly death because they have thee wrong people in there doing the wrong things...[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]ROH will never be funded and fully become what it should be.[/color][color= rgb(153, 0, 0)] I really really hope so.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]end of random rant.[/color]
TNA has been good these past 3 weeks. Honestly, it looks like they're turning the corner. It's now or never and everyone knows it. Even Spike. There are rumors that Spike may buy a majority stake to have more creative direction. Which, once again, could help them either turn the corner or or put the final bullet in them. Who knows.

ROH is going to have a great year, I feel it.

WWE is getting better. With the possible additions of the Kings Of Wrestling even more talent is being added (or at least scouted)

Things are looking great, IMO. The funk might be over, finally.

the promo where paul heyman shoots on vince during the alliance was much better but this is really good for this era

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]I have CM Punk and Bryan Danielson left in mainstream hope....
which with Bryan.... there isn't much hope. He continues to kill it IN the ring and yet.... nothing.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNA will die a slow lowly death because they have thee wrong people in there doing the wrong things...[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]ROH will never be funded and fully become what it should be.[/color][color= rgb(153, 0, 0)] I really really hope so.[/color]

TNA has been good these past 3 weeks. Honestly, it looks like they're turning the corner. It's now or never and everyone knows it. Even Spike. There are rumors that Spike may buy a majority stake to have more creative direction. Which, once again, could help them either turn the corner or or put the final bullet in them. Who knows.

WWE is getting better. With the possible additions of the Kings Of Wrestling even more talent is being added (or at least scouted)

Stone Cold on Twitter Ladies and germs-I have no idea why @CMPunk wore my shirt tonite...but it looked damn good on him...

laugh.gif

missed raw. only reading the last couple of pages though. why are you guys saying wrestling is finally back? what happend on raw?

missed raw. only reading the last couple of pages though. why are you guys saying wrestling is finally back? what happend on raw?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

two raws were taped tonight, and it seems like some great angles are being worked up right now

Originally Posted by NobleKane

two raws were taped tonight, and it seems like some great angles are being worked up right now

Full Punk Promo

"I don’t hate you, John. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot better than most of the people in the back. I hate the idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing Vince McMahon’s *+%. You’re as good at kissing Vince’s *+% as Hulk Hogan was. I don’t know if you’re as good as Dwayne, though. He’s a pretty good *+% kisser. Always was and still is. Oops, I’m breaking the fourth wall (waves at camera).
“I’m the best wrestler in the world. I’ve been the best ever since day one when I walked into this company and I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right; I’m a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar, and he split just like I’m splitting. But the biggest difference between me and Brock is I’m going to leave with the WWE championship.
“I’ve grabbed so many of Vincent K. McMahon’s imaginary brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that. They’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me. And the fact that day in and day out for almost 6 years I’ve proved to everyone in the world that I’m the best on this microphone, in the ring, even on commentary. Nobody can touch me.
“Yet no matter how many times I prove it I’m not on your lovely little collector’s cups. I’m not on the cover of the program. I’m barely promoted. I don’t get to be in movies. I’m certainly not on any crappy show on the USA Network. I’m not on the poster of WrestleMania. I’m not on the signature that’s promoted at the top of the show. I’m not on Conan O’Brien. I’m not on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is I should be and trust me this isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Dwayne is in the main event of WrestleMania next year and I’m not makes me sick.
“Let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big of a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones sipping out of those collector cups. You’re the ones who buy the programs that my face isn’t on the cover of and then at 5 in the morning in the airport you shove it in my face so you can go sell it on E-bay because you’re too lazy to get a real job.
“I’m leaving with the WWE championship on July 17 and who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Maybe I’ll go back to Ring of Honor. Hey Colt Cabana, how you doing? (looks at camera and waves)
“The reason I’m leaving is you people, because after I’m gone you’ll still pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel’s gonna keep turning and I understand that. Vince McMahon’s going to make money in spite of himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. Know why he’s not a billionaire? It’s because he surrounds himself with glad-handing, nonsensical %@$#%*%$% yes men like John Laurinaitis who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear.
“And I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon’s dead but the fact is it’s going to get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family. Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon. We do this whole bully campaign…

Full Punk Promo

"I don’t hate you, John. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot better than most of the people in the back. I hate the idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing Vince McMahon’s *+%. You’re as good at kissing Vince’s *+% as Hulk Hogan was. I don’t know if you’re as good as Dwayne, though. He’s a pretty good *+% kisser. Always was and still is. Oops, I’m breaking the fourth wall (waves at camera).
“I’m the best wrestler in the world. I’ve been the best ever since day one when I walked into this company and I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right; I’m a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar, and he split just like I’m splitting. But the biggest difference between me and Brock is I’m going to leave with the WWE championship.
“I’ve grabbed so many of Vincent K. McMahon’s imaginary brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that they’re just that. They’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is me. And the fact that day in and day out for almost 6 years I’ve proved to everyone in the world that I’m the best on this microphone, in the ring, even on commentary. Nobody can touch me.
“Yet no matter how many times I prove it I’m not on your lovely little collector’s cups. I’m not on the cover of the program. I’m barely promoted. I don’t get to be in movies. I’m certainly not on any crappy show on the USA Network. I’m not on the poster of WrestleMania. I’m not on the signature that’s promoted at the top of the show. I’m not on Conan O’Brien. I’m not on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is I should be and trust me this isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Dwayne is in the main event of WrestleMania next year and I’m not makes me sick.
“Let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big of a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones sipping out of those collector cups. You’re the ones who buy the programs that my face isn’t on the cover of and then at 5 in the morning in the airport you shove it in my face so you can go sell it on E-bay because you’re too lazy to get a real job.
“I’m leaving with the WWE championship on July 17 and who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Maybe I’ll go back to Ring of Honor. Hey Colt Cabana, how you doing? (looks at camera and waves)
“The reason I’m leaving is you people, because after I’m gone you’ll still pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel’s gonna keep turning and I understand that. Vince McMahon’s going to make money in spite of himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. Know why he’s not a billionaire? It’s because he surrounds himself with glad-handing, nonsensical %@$#%*%$% yes men like John Laurinaitis who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear.
“And I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon’s dead but the fact is it’s going to get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family. Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon. We do this whole bully campaign…

Originally Posted by that g daz

I swear most internet wrestling fans are extra slow, there is 100% no way that wasn't part of the storyline. I would even be surprised if it wasn't word for word what was already run by Vince. Props to them for doing something right though.

true. i just saw the promo. they are gonna go either 2 ways. 1. that promo kinda sounded like vince wants to bury punk on his way out as punk turned on his fans in that promo. also one thing you dont do is attack rock cuz ur gonna get instant heat. cena beats him and punk leaves to roh. or 2. Vince with the swerve and helps punk win the title as he screws cena at the ppv.

i think punk did improvise on the promo though and most likely he probably will win on the ppv. i think vince is going the reality route

Originally Posted by that g daz

I swear most internet wrestling fans are extra slow, there is 100% no way that wasn't part of the storyline. I would even be surprised if it wasn't word for word what was already run by Vince. Props to them for doing something right though.

true. i just saw the promo. they are gonna go either 2 ways. 1. that promo kinda sounded like vince wants to bury punk on his way out as punk turned on his fans in that promo. also one thing you dont do is attack rock cuz ur gonna get instant heat. cena beats him and punk leaves to roh. or 2. Vince with the swerve and helps punk win the title as he screws cena at the ppv.

i think punk did improvise on the promo though and most likely he probably will win on the ppv. i think vince is going the reality route

Originally Posted by bjm5295

that was amazing.
laugh.gif
i cant help but think they at least told him go out there and spit whatever youre thinking, but im shocked that they let things like heyman, lesnar, NGPW, ROH, and 'idiotic daughter' fly.

if they had let him mention tna or batista then i would have been shocked.

and the mic would have been cut off quicker.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

that was amazing.
laugh.gif
i cant help but think they at least told him go out there and spit whatever youre thinking, but im shocked that they let things like heyman, lesnar, NGPW, ROH, and 'idiotic daughter' fly.

if they had let him mention tna or batista then i would have been shocked.

and the mic would have been cut off quicker.

Just watched the promo, hats off to Punk. Dude made that so believable, you can tell he meant it. Shots at The Rock had me sad tho
laugh.gif

Just watched the promo, hats off to Punk. Dude made that so believable, you can tell he meant it. Shots at The Rock had me sad tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]But there's been these types of conversations for a long time...[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNA has been on the same straight line... it's still sting, anderson, steiner, hogan, bischoff, jarrett, angle (whom i love and he is top 5 all time with me).... those are the focus. They shouldn't be. [/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]When they actually have really good depth, good tag team depth, in ring talent, etc etc.[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]But then blow that up to bring in three x div "challengers" who damn near hurt each other a number of times and the crowd was completly dead.[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNN/Spike have done this now 3 times with wrestling. They KILLED ECW, Couldn't support wwe's jock so they jumped back to USA, and now [/color][color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNA[/color][color= rgb(153, 0, 0)] Impact. They have no idea what they are doing. I have no faith while dixie carter has her head far up her *+#, while hogan, bischoff, and jarrett run around using it as their own personal playground (which it is)... and you waste Great talent. You have a LEGIT guy in angle (sting as well)... who can get people over with so much ease. Instead, they rotate everything. [/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Really hope you're right about ROH. I missed the last ppv due to i had to train mma, gym then UFC... But i really hope that's right.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]WWE will not change until things are in HHH hands. And even then.... who knows??[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]even with that addition, KOW, talent will be buried. You have a HUGE buzz for Ryder, IN his home town. Could have blown the roof off of the place and Made him a contender! instead you play a prank. You have Truth, whom i've never liked in any org, But who gets over! When he first started the heel turn was really good, then it's turned into him coming out in stupid costumes and then being Beat by a deadly water splash to the face...... Huge misuse of talent. You have cody and ted (cody is really doing great but needs to be pushed a little more) who are in the SAME exact storyline they just had!!! [/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Sin Cara is just all over the place, no real set anything. No storyline, No feuds being set, no path. He is just there... And then a blue yellow light over the ring during his matches..... ummm why?[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Bryan Danielson.... enough said.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Barrett, Shemus, Miz..... the brutal burial.... [/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]I have 0 faith in WWE and for them to make a proper man oriented soap opera. There are no storylines. and when i say that, i mean as far as things being set up for 6 months and beyond. Punk reminding writers of the Orton details. etc etc.... WWE revolves around Randy Orton, Vince McMahon, and John Cena.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]eh.... anyways... done with the rant. gotta hit sheets. peace.[/color]

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]But there's been these types of conversations for a long time...[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNA has been on the same straight line... it's still sting, anderson, steiner, hogan, bischoff, jarrett, angle (whom i love and he is top 5 all time with me).... those are the focus. They shouldn't be. [/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]When they actually have really good depth, good tag team depth, in ring talent, etc etc.[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]But then blow that up to bring in three x div "challengers" who damn near hurt each other a number of times and the crowd was completly dead.[/color]
[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNN/Spike have done this now 3 times with wrestling. They KILLED ECW, Couldn't support wwe's jock so they jumped back to USA, and now [/color][color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]TNA[/color][color= rgb(153, 0, 0)] Impact. They have no idea what they are doing. I have no faith while dixie carter has her head far up her *+#, while hogan, bischoff, and jarrett run around using it as their own personal playground (which it is)... and you waste Great talent. You have a LEGIT guy in angle (sting as well)... who can get people over with so much ease. Instead, they rotate everything. [/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Really hope you're right about ROH. I missed the last ppv due to i had to train mma, gym then UFC... But i really hope that's right.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]WWE will not change until things are in HHH hands. And even then.... who knows??[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]even with that addition, KOW, talent will be buried. You have a HUGE buzz for Ryder, IN his home town. Could have blown the roof off of the place and Made him a contender! instead you play a prank. You have Truth, whom i've never liked in any org, But who gets over! When he first started the heel turn was really good, then it's turned into him coming out in stupid costumes and then being Beat by a deadly water splash to the face...... Huge misuse of talent. You have cody and ted (cody is really doing great but needs to be pushed a little more) who are in the SAME exact storyline they just had!!! [/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Sin Cara is just all over the place, no real set anything. No storyline, No feuds being set, no path. He is just there... And then a blue yellow light over the ring during his matches..... ummm why?[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Bryan Danielson.... enough said.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]Barrett, Shemus, Miz..... the brutal burial.... [/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]I have 0 faith in WWE and for them to make a proper man oriented soap opera. There are no storylines. and when i say that, i mean as far as things being set up for 6 months and beyond. Punk reminding writers of the Orton details. etc etc.... WWE revolves around Randy Orton, Vince McMahon, and John Cena.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 0, 0)]eh.... anyways... done with the rant. gotta hit sheets. peace.[/color]

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

When somebody says " hell I might take the belt to ROH" I don't think that was scripted

unless wwe starts working with roh. which i can see now that they have a better tv deal.
what was ddp on for? did he get stunned or super kicked?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

When somebody says " hell I might take the belt to ROH" I don't think that was scripted

unless wwe starts working with roh. which i can see now that they have a better tv deal.
what was ddp on for? did he get stunned or super kicked?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom