Wrestling Thread Apr 6-12 | 4/6 RAW - WrestleMania Is Over, Now What? Saxton Back for Week 2

20150403_RawPreview_Rollins_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Look at those dreamy eyes.

Now that WrestleMania week is officially over, WWE is moving on to what has traditionally been their post-WrestleMania lull, which unfortunately has lasted for just about all 12 months the past few years.  Brock will not be returning until SummerSlam, so what do we do now?

Seth Rollins is your WWE Heavyweight Champion.  He's facing Randy Orton at Extreme Rules.  This will like be an Extreme Rules Match.

Rusev is getting a rematch with John Cena at Extreme Rules for the US Title.  This will either be an I Quit or Last Man Standing Match.  I expect Cena to hold the US Title for a long time.

Daniel Bryan is the Intercontinental Champion.  He likely has a match with Sheamus, but Bad News Barrett and/or Dolph Ziggler could also fit into that mix.

So that leaves one big name out... Roman Reigns.  Does he get added to the WWE Title Match?  I would guess not.  So what does that leave him with?  Unfortunately probably Big Show or Kane.  And then WWE will be angry when the CHICAGO crowd at the PPV is ******** on his match.

Neville and The Lucha Dragons debuted last week to very hot reactions.  We'll see how WWE follows up with them this week.

AJ Lee is gone from WWE.  It looks like Nikki Bella vs Naomi is the current Divas direction.

And finally, after stating on air that Michael Cole fractured his neck last week from the destruction by Brock Lesnar, Cole will be back on TV to call Raw tonight.  This is an incredibly stupid decision.  I realize Byron Saxton was awful, but WWE has like 20 announcers.  Another one can fill the spot for a few weeks while Cole sells the injury.

Chris Jericho will be doing a live podcast following Raw on WWE Network with John Cena.  Do not expect this interview to have any of the hard hitting questions that previous Austin podcasts had.

I am actively working on the WrestleMania PPV Prediction Contest results.  I have scored some of the entries already.  If all goes well, I will have the results posted at the end of Raw tonight.

Go Duke.

Roman and Jeans should feud or something. They're gonna botch him by sticking Roman with 14 feet of ****.

It's possible that some top stars will miss Smackdown due to a tour in Europe

Talents scheduled to appear at the Glasgow event include Seth Rollins, United States Champion John Cena, Randy Orton, Rusev, Dean Ambrose and Kane.

Yeah, Raw is definitely going to have its lowest viewer numbers in recent history tonight.

Too much competition + bad episode last week = sadface

im dvr'ing raw. will watch hour one, hour two and three who knows. maybe flip over during commercials in the game.

It's possible that some top stars will miss Smackdown due to a tour in Europe

Talents scheduled to appear at the Glasgow event include Seth Rollins, United States Champion John Cena, Randy Orton, Rusev, Dean Ambrose and Kane.
Ambrose and Rollins are advertised for Smackdown, but that could easily change.

Maybe roman faces bray Wyatt since Wyatt has nothing to do. Big show and Kane will probably be busy interfering in the main event

Back
Top Bottom