Wrestling Thread Aug 26-Sep 8 | 9/2 RAW - Happy Labor Day

ProWresBlog's Best Matches of 2013 - Updated with July's best matches
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/prowresblogs-best-matches-of-2013.html

Top WWE/TNA matches from list

Falls Count Anywhere - Big Show vs Alberto Del Rio - WWE Smackdown 1/11/2013 - Rating
Alberto Del Rio vs Dolph Ziggler - WWE Main Event 2/13/2012
John Cena vs CM Punk - WWE Monday Night Raw 2/25/2013 - Rating:**** - Best Match of February 2013
Antonio Cesaro vs Kofi Kingston - WWE Main Event 5/1/2013 - Rating:****
Cage Match - Brock Lesnar vs Triple H - WWE Extreme Rules 5/19/2013 - Rating:****
Taryn Terrell vs Gail Kim - TNA Slammiversary 6/2/13 - Rating:****
AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle - TNA Slammiversary 6/2/13 - Rating:****
Gail Kim vs Taryn Terrell - TNA Impact 7/11/2013 - Rating:****
WHC Money in the Bank - WWE Money in the Bank 7/1*****13 - Rating:****
Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro - WWE Raw 7/22/2013 - Rating:****

For the "HypeBeasts"
Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro - WWE NXT 6/13/13 - Rating:***3/4
Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro - NXT 5/22/2013 - Rating:***

That next Total Divas episode will be lulz

And these random cameos are killing me. Fandango, then Sandow, and now Roman Reigns, with only feigning interest in Jojo and Eva Marie :lol:

Last edited:
^ I will watch your post when I get a chance. My favorite Benoit/Guerrero matches:

WCW Nitro - Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero (12-23-96):

New Japan 1996 (don't feel like looking up full date)
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

And while on the subject of Benoit: Chris Benoit Murder Conspiracy Theories with Geraldo on O'Reilly Factor -

*Fixed :smokin
Oh wow..........never saw this

AA is the MOST under rated promo man I've ever seen..Him, and Jake Roberts, always gave you those serious, articulate, and deep promos..
*Waits for 4w to come in and say that nobody who wrestled for WCW was any good at anything

Since Benoit seems to be the topic, who would you guys cast as Benoit in the upcoming movie about him?

Bret: (Talking about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan)"You can tell that they weren't watching Hulk Hogan. They were watching Bret Hart and SHawn Michaels"

No one. That movie shouldn't ever be made. I can't see Hollywood doing it the right way. Who knows how things really went down and why.

If I have time, I might watch the match he won the title in.

No one. That movie shouldn't ever be made. I can't see Hollywood doing it the right way. Who knows how things really went down and why.

If I have time, I might watch the match he won the title in.

I agree..But yet I'm surprised that Lifetime didn't make a movie out the subject..Just seems like the type of sleezy thing they'd do..

Speaking of Devitt, DVDVR dudes said this
Hasn't it been reported that while the WWE is interested, Devitt isn't? Like he likes living in his villa being a relative unknown, flying to japan doing shows and then going home and being just a dude?
And drinking tea.

More or less nailed it. Best work/life/pay ratio in Wrestling outside of a high end WWE legend to my mind.

Colt Cabana makes good money outside of WWE but he has to hustle dealing with promoters and hawk merch. Devitt works out of one centralised booking office so to speak, a guaranteed work schedule with plenty of time off. He is also like a son to the promotion and likely factored in with New Japan post his in ring career.

Getting older or Luther Ward or Becky Lynch being successful might possibly change things though but as it stands and stood last year I don't see him going to WWE.

Since Benoit seems to be the topic, who would you guys cast as Benoit in the upcoming movie about him?

Even though it was confirmed false...

I say Liev Schreiber would have been perfect despite his height.

If not him, then I say Scott Caan. Tom Hardy would work too.

Last edited:
Never knew that they were conspiracies about the Benoit tragedy....watching it on youtube now...

Bret: (Talking about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan)"You can tell that they weren't watching Hulk Hogan. They were watching Bret Hart and SHawn Michaels"
I've never seen the allure of Hogan—maybe because I was born in 89. NWO is cool, though.
Hogan never appealed to me either and I was born in '83

Never was a Hulkamaniac. Found his "say your prayers, eat your vitamins" shtick to be extremely corny.

Dug his Hollywood Hogan persona and his NWO run though. Still remember how
eek.gif
I was when he was revealed as the third member It really shook up the wrestling world at the time.

I appreciate what he's done for wrestling, but I can't say that I was ever a Hogan fan.

Back
Top Bottom