Wrestling Thread Dec 31-Jan 13 | 1/13 TNA Genesis PPV |

NYE_Cena_Aj_Dolph_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Happy New Year everyone.  Please be safe if you are going out tonight.

I'm staying in tonight.  TLC PPV Prediction Contest, 2012 Overall PPV Prediction Contest, and 2012 Prediction Results all to be posted tonight.

WWE TLC PPV Prediction Contest Results
  • 63 entries
  • 560 possible points
  • 318 average score
  • 13% correctly predicted ZERO title changes
  • 100% correctly predicted Antonio Cesaro would defeat R-Truth
  • 67% correctly predicted MITB would NOT be cashed in
  • 89% correctly predicted Dolph Ziggler would win the MITB Ladder Match
  • 87% correctly predicted The Shield would win the TLC Match
  • 24% correctly predicted Roman Reigns would score the pinfall
Congratulations to our winner of the final PPV Prediction Contest of the year... AirThompson with 460 points!  He just narrowly edged me out with my score of 440 (best result of the year for me).

t87ntk.jpg

j8gu2t.jpg

2012 Overall WWE PPV Prediction Contest Results
  • 158 total entrants
  • 20 entrants participated in all 12 PPVs
  • 9060 total possible points
  • 4722 average score of the 20 entrants that participated in all 12 PPVs
  • 2226 average score overall
There was little doubt going into TLC, the final PPV of the year.  supeRsiC97 was at or near the top of the standings almost all year long.  He had a strong cushion heading into TLC and extended it to finish with a final score of 5540.  It was 385 points better than our second place finisher, jmal519.

Thanks everyone for participating.  It's a lot of work putting these together, but they're a lot of fun and keep everyone interested in the PPVs, even when WWE is putting some crap on TV.

We'll start right back up for 2013 in a few weeks for The Royal Rumble.  PLUS, we'll also have the Royal Rumble Pool where NTers will be assigned to Royal Rumble entrants to win prizes for the overall winner, most eliminations, and longest time survived.

23vgj89.jpg

wwfaxy.jpg

2pobmf9.jpg

4skuap.jpg

2012 NTWT Prediction Results

It was an ugly year.  As a group, we only hit 21.6% of our predictions.  The clear loser was GHIMSlater, going an astounding  0-9, though I think we all could have predicted that.

Actually, YardFather did predict it.  Hats off to him.

Congratulations to our winner, venom lyrix, going 6-4 on this predictions for an accuracy of 60%.  This was easily the best of anyone who made more than one prediction.

Two of my favorite predictions were:

Essential1: TAG TEAM DIVISION WILL BEGIN TO LOOK PROMISING THEN IT WILL BE BURIED AGAIN

JRAdagreat72: Ambrose/Rollins/Ceasero/Steamboat will all be called up. Ambrose will be a star.

The complete list of all of the 2012 predictions are available through the link in my sig.  Here is the numbers breakdown:

2zss3lh.jpg

2013 NTWT Predictions and Member Information
  • Predictions may be made starting now through Sunday, January 13.
  • You may make up to 10 predictions.  Any predictions greater than 10 will be ignored.
  • Please try to make your predictions in a single post.  Don't make 10 separate posts if possible.
  • There is no rush to make predictions.  Do not make 10 predictions today and then 5 days from now say you want to change them.  It makes it a nightmare trying to keep track of them.
  • Please make predictions that have a clear SUCCESS or FAIL result.
  • Please don't make your predictions too vague.
  • No "Wrestler X will die" predictions.
Here are two examples of bad predictions from 2012 that I voided:
  • There will be a successful stable formed.
  • The WWE Network will be good
We will also take this time to update member information.   The member sheet (info in the link in my thread) is very out of date.  If you wish to update your information or if you are new and would like to be included, provide any of the following information:
  • Real Name
  • Birth Date (before we did age, but birth date makes more sense)
  • All Time Favorite Wrestler(s) (3 or less)
  • Current Favorite Wrestler(s) (3 or less)
  • Other (Random wrestling info about you - please don't write a book)
Again, I'll ask for this by January 13, but realistically, this can be provided/updated anytime throughout the year.

Last edited:
^ No it's taped.

Pretty uneventful Raw, aside from Boss Barrett beating Kofi for the Intercontinental Title (WWE spoiled this on their website days ago).

On another note Happy New Years to NTWT fam.
pimp.gif

Happy New Years fellas!!

Wow, they went crazy with the editing tonight :lol:

Remember, next weeks raw the rock returns.

I wish that for once when a heel is put in a match against a top face they would just shrug it off instead of acting shocked or intimidated.

Fun opening match between Rhodes Scholars and Cena/Miz.  Only nitpick is Rhodes hit the Disaster Kick on Cena, and he was literally back on his feet in 7 seconds to hit the AA and get the win.  A little selling would be nice.

The opening comedy from Cena and Miz was awful though.  If Cody gets mad at people making fun of his mustache, then why doesn't he just shave it off?

Khali is casual wear having drinks backstage 
laugh.gif

Paul going in for the kiss on Vickie 
laugh.gif

Antonio faces Khali on Main Event this week and hits the Neutralizer on him.  I can't wait to see that.

I wonder who's going to be on raw @ 1.14.13?
Sgt. Slaughter

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Brooklyn Brawler

Ron Simmons

Jim Ross

Mean Gene

All the same names they always bring back.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got another ONE TIME ONLY DX REUNION as well.

Back
Top Bottom