Wrestling Thread Feb 15-21 | 2/21 WWE Elimination Chamber PPV (pg15)

I figured you guys would like the picture of Maryse more than one of Jerry Springer.

So for as much Raw bashing that I've done over the past year, I think it's time to give the WWE some credit.  It just so happens that we are fast approaching WrestleMania.  It seems that without fail the WWE can magically turn things around heading into their biggest show of the year.  So what does that mean?  The writers are just lazy for the other 10 months of the year?  The writers aren't smart enough to come up with good storylines for the other 10 months of the year?  The writers don't care for the other 10 months of the year?  It's just frustrating.  I know I'm going to get my hopes up that the WWE has turned the corner and come out of this prolonged funk, only to be let down once April hits.  However, one thing may change that this time around.

“TNA iMPACT!

Is bret and vince's match CONFIRMED for wrestlemania? or will there be a cena/bret vs. vince/batista angle?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Is bret and vince's match CONFIRMED for wrestlemania? or will there be a cena/bret vs. vince/batista angle?
nerd.gif

I think it could go either way, I guess depending on what Bret wants to do or what he feels he can and can't do in a match.

Not really excited for Raw. I don't feel like anything good will happen but maybe the E will catch me off guard. Will be watching will doing some biz stats hw.

I personally think that TNA would have been better off running from 8-10pm.  That's how Nitro got its foot in the door before overtaking Raw.  I think the decision to go 9-11 is an ego decision, and may not be what is best for business.  However, even if TNA only draws in the mid-1's in the ratings, it should still light a match under the WWE's ***.  The WWE won't acknowledge TNA as competition... yet.  And it's not realistic to think of TNA as a threat... yet.  But this is the move we as wrestling fans have been waiting for.  The Monday Night Wars are finally back.  Let's hope we see a wrestling renaissance.

Definitely agreed on there. 8-10 would be ideal, let them establish an identity with their current product and hope to hell they can move up from there. We'll see how it goes.

Originally Posted by BunkIV

I personally think that TNA would have been better off running from 8-10pm.  That's how Nitro got its foot in the door before overtaking Raw.  I think the decision to go 9-11 is an ego decision, and may not be what is best for business.  However, even if TNA only draws in the mid-1's in the ratings, it should still light a match under the WWE's ***.  The WWE won't acknowledge TNA as competition... yet.  And it's not realistic to think of TNA as a threat... yet.  But this is the move we as wrestling fans have been waiting for.  The Monday Night Wars are finally back.  Let's hope we see a wrestling renaissance.
Definitely agreed on there. 8-10 would be ideal, let them establish an identity with their current product and hope to hell they can move up from there. We'll see how it goes.

Doesn't matter if TNA is on at 8-10 or 9-11, they have their own audience. On jan 4th both shows had higher then normal ratings so its not like if TNA has to take some of WWE's audience to survive. I think TNA will stay in the 1's ratings wise until Jeff Hardy beats his case or  RVD shows up.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Doesn't matter if TNA is on at 8-10 or 9-11, they have their own audience. On jan 4th both shows had higher then normal ratings so its not like if TNA has to take some of WWE's audience to survive. I think TNA will stay in the 1's ratings wise until Jeff Hardy beats his case or  RVD shows up.

True. Don't know if they're doing things just to simply survive though, they want to fast-track their chance to "compete" as much as possible.  Last sentence is the truth though, that Jan. 4th rating was their biggest from what I remember.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

USA keeping Raw over the dog show
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Who's this little snow bunny????

a 15 year old bruh..
lol, I won't lie. I thought the same thing because I tuned in late and didn't hear her age announced. I fail too.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

If TNA drew the same ratings as Raw, I'd say this is a logical argument.  However, the entire reason that TNA is moving to Monday nights is to try and show that they are real competition to the WWE.  I don't think that TNA will be very happy if they are still drawing a 1.2 rating a year from now.  Wrestling fans are conditioned to tune in on Monday nights.  If TNA started at 8pm, it would give them an uncontested hour where not our the core TNA audience would tune in, but they could also draw the usual Raw audience.  And if TNA were producing a good enough show, there's a good chance that the fans that tuned in at 8pm may not switch over to Raw at 9pm.  With TNA starting at 9pm, it forces wrestling fans to make a choice, and unless there is an overwhelming reason to watch TNA, it will be very difficult for them to draw Raw's audience away.

#1. I'm glad they didn't show Bret fall on his #!%.
#2. I always laugh/want to laugh at "you deserve to be screwed!"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom