Wrestling Thread Feb28-Mar6 | 3/4 Smackdown - The Undertaker Addresses HHH, Edge vs McIntyre

Originally Posted by casekicks

I gotta say that after starting to watch wrestling again for the past couple weeks its clear to me that the wrestling in TNA is much better than WWE..But it almost seems like TNA's writers can't get past trying to rehash the same old storylines that we've seen before..

Just like someone said earlier about the whole "network" angle that was done a decade ago in ECW..It didnt work then, so why try it again?..

I watched that trainwreck wedding and it made me think about Macho Man/Elizabeth w/Jake Roberts causing trouble..Then I thought of Stephanie McMahon and Test w/ someone causing trouble..Now JJ/Karen w/Kurt causing trouble..Even Taz said something to the effect of "let's see if this is the first wedding in wrestling history to go off without a hitch"..

And then they had that Jersey Shore chick come out and it reminded me of Mr.T, Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, Jay Leno, and David Arquette..When are they going to learn that nobody wants to see these people perform in the ring..Maybe being a manager/valet or special ref, or commentator/ring announcer, but not work in the ring..
Dude, Vince Russo is a creative writer for TNA. That's why everything is rehashed
laugh.gif

TNA isn't better than WWE. But the live show added tons to iMPACT. They need to tape on the road. I didn't watch everything but face Fortune is great. AJ is was way over last night. They all did great on the mic last night. I've been particularly impressed with James Storm.

I didn't watch everything but I think the show was decent. I like Sting and I really like how Jeff Hardy has been playing his character. He's finally in shape and it's working. Too bad he'll be in jail soon.

Sting is the Undertaker of TNA. Forget all the 3 3 11 crap. Regardless of that stupidity, the guy is a legend. I don't mind the role he has in TNA.

Bottom line TNA needs to go on the road. They need to go for it. It's sink or swim time.

I gotta say that after starting to watch wrestling again for the past couple weeks its clear to me that the wrestling in TNA is much better than WWE..But it almost seems like TNA's writers can't get past trying to rehash the same old storylines that we've seen before..

Just like someone said earlier about the whole "network" angle that was done a decade ago in ECW..It didnt work then, so why try it again?..

I watched that trainwreck wedding and it made me think about Macho Man/Elizabeth w/Jake Roberts causing trouble..Then I thought of Stephanie McMahon and Test w/ someone causing trouble..Now JJ/Karen w/Kurt causing trouble..Even Taz said something to the effect of "let's see if this is the first wedding in wrestling history to go off without a hitch"..

And then they had that Jersey Shore chick come out and it reminded me of Mr.T, Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, Jay Leno, and David Arquette..When are they going to learn that nobody wants to see these people perform in the ring..Maybe being a manager/valet or special ref, or commentator/ring announcer, but not work in the ring..
Dude, Vince Russo is a creative writer for TNA. That's why everything is rehashed
laugh.gif

TNA isn't better than WWE. But the live show added tons to iMPACT. They need to tape on the road. I didn't watch everything but face Fortune is great. AJ is was way over last night. They all did great on the mic last night. I've been particularly impressed with James Storm.

I didn't watch everything but I think the show was decent. I like Sting and I really like how Jeff Hardy has been playing his character. He's finally in shape and it's working. Too bad he'll be in jail soon.

Sting is the Undertaker of TNA. Forget all the 3 3 11 crap. Regardless of that stupidity, the guy is a legend. I don't mind the role he has in TNA.

Bottom line TNA needs to go on the road. They need to go for it. It's sink or swim time.

Im not say that TNA is better..Im saying I think that the wrestling is better..The guys in tna just seem to be better in ring performers..But like I said I've only been back into wrestling for a couple weeks now..

And I agree that Sting is a legend and I was happy that he won the title last night..I am hoping and praying that they give him a different belt, cause that JH belt is the worst belt I've ever seen in my life..

TNA does need to go on the road..ECW used to do most shows from Philly, but yet they went on the road alot too and it worked out for them..I remember that when ECW would have their shows on late-night tv, you would see the most recent show taped in Philly, but they would advertise videos from all over the country..

Im not say that TNA is better..Im saying I think that the wrestling is better..The guys in tna just seem to be better in ring performers..But like I said I've only been back into wrestling for a couple weeks now..

And I agree that Sting is a legend and I was happy that he won the title last night..I am hoping and praying that they give him a different belt, cause that JH belt is the worst belt I've ever seen in my life..

TNA does need to go on the road..ECW used to do most shows from Philly, but yet they went on the road alot too and it worked out for them..I remember that when ECW would have their shows on late-night tv, you would see the most recent show taped in Philly, but they would advertise videos from all over the country..

I think TNA should go on the road, but I do not htink they should try and blatantly compete with WWE. They ar enot at that level yet, they should though go live a couple nights a week and then little by little go out of their comfor zone to areas other than florida. Once they have gained more exposur and fan base then come up to the NY area to make some noise on the WWE door. They need to do their thing and avoid the jabs at WWE and trying to gain attention from them. THey have the talent to do it they just need to tight up their stories a bit and they will be good.

I think TNA should go on the road, but I do not htink they should try and blatantly compete with WWE. They ar enot at that level yet, they should though go live a couple nights a week and then little by little go out of their comfor zone to areas other than florida. Once they have gained more exposur and fan base then come up to the NY area to make some noise on the WWE door. They need to do their thing and avoid the jabs at WWE and trying to gain attention from them. THey have the talent to do it they just need to tight up their stories a bit and they will be good.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

agreed....

and not go head to head on monday night and have that stupid dome thing and completely kill everything.
talent can compete. writing cannot. and No more hogan and bischoff please.

agreed....

and not go head to head on monday night and have that stupid dome thing and completely kill everything.
talent can compete. writing cannot. and No more hogan and bischoff please.

I think Jericho summed it up nicely. They need to stop acting bush league. They have talent and need to really believe they are the number one company. They have tons of potential, but right now they're just throwing money down the toilet.

I think Jericho summed it up nicely. They need to stop acting bush league. They have talent and need to really believe they are the number one company. They have tons of potential, but right now they're just throwing money down the toilet.

Im not say that TNA is better..Im saying I think that the wrestling is better..The guys in tna just seem to be better in ring performers..
Well, TNA doesn't limit their wrestlers' move set like WWE.
WWE is infamous for limiting it to 5 or so moves because the crowd pops for signature maneuvers and to prevent injury.

Im not say that TNA is better..Im saying I think that the wrestling is better..The guys in tna just seem to be better in ring performers..
WWE is infamous for limiting it to 5 or so moves because the crowd pops for signature maneuvers and to prevent injury.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

This too. I wouldn't say TNA has better talent. WWE limits the guys on what they can do. So, to say TNA guys are better isn't necessarily true because WWE guys can go. But TNA does have good talent that could be utilized better.

This too. I wouldn't say TNA has better talent. WWE limits the guys on what they can do. So, to say TNA guys are better isn't necessarily true because WWE guys can go. But TNA does have good talent that could be utilized better.

i agree with this.... like i said, they can compete. I like that they don't limit things. Almost all of their story lines are god awful tho.

i agree with this.... like i said, they can compete. I like that they don't limit things. Almost all of their story lines are god awful tho.

Originally Posted by im that one

I agree with what you guys are saying..But you gotta look at it from a casual fans point of view..If you tuned into both shows you would see that wwe's writing is better, but tna's wrestlers are better in the ring..Im not saying that people in wwe can't go move for move with tna people..But being limited in what you're allowed to do comes off as not being able to do the things the competition can do..It reminds me alot of when WCW was beating wwe in the monday night ratings..Seemed like wcw's writing was better, but wwe's guys were going hard every night in the ring..

I agree with what you guys are saying..But you gotta look at it from a casual fans point of view..If you tuned into both shows you would see that wwe's writing is better, but tna's wrestlers are better in the ring..Im not saying that people in wwe can't go move for move with tna people..But being limited in what you're allowed to do comes off as not being able to do the things the competition can do..It reminds me alot of when WCW was beating wwe in the monday night ratings..Seemed like wcw's writing was better, but wwe's guys were going hard every night in the ring..

They are horrible. I know it's wrasslin' but at least let SOME stories make sense.

On another note..

*Ahem*

May I have your attention, please.

I have just received an e-mail from the anonymous NTWT General Manager

11l3mz9.gif

Club29 has received a 2 week suspension.
Given the loss he and 4wrestling suffered at the hands
of the Super Powers this past week, I decided he needed
some time off.

Speaking of the Super Powers, I've decided they need a challenge.

This Monday night on Raw TennHouse2 will get a match against the Super
Powers with a partner of his choosing. If they win, he and his partner will become
number 1 contenders for the Tag Team Titles and will receive a Championship match next week on Raw.

They are horrible. I know it's wrasslin' but at least let SOME stories make sense.

On another note..

*Ahem*

May I have your attention, please.

I have just received an e-mail from the anonymous NTWT General Manager

11l3mz9.gif

Club29 has received a 2 week suspension.
Given the loss he and 4wrestling suffered at the hands
of the Super Powers this past week, I decided he needed
some time off.

Speaking of the Super Powers, I've decided they need a challenge.

This Monday night on Raw TennHouse2 will get a match against the Super
Powers with a partner of his choosing. If they win, he and his partner will become
number 1 contenders for the Tag Team Titles and will receive a Championship match next week on Raw.

Today is the day of birth for "The Ladies Man". I plan on sipping the finest whiskey and vodka.

I will have a private VIP lounge with the plumpest butts and most voluptuous of breasts. I would invite you all if anyone lived near me.

Alas, you shall just have to relive the festivities through the art of photography. I shall be posting pictures of the lucky freaks I pick to be with tonight.

Hoping for a Layla look like.

Wish me luck.

Today is the day of birth for "The Ladies Man". I plan on sipping the finest whiskey and vodka.

I will have a private VIP lounge with the plumpest butts and most voluptuous of breasts. I would invite you all if anyone lived near me.

Alas, you shall just have to relive the festivities through the art of photography. I shall be posting pictures of the lucky freaks I pick to be with tonight.

Hoping for a Layla look like.

Wish me luck.

Match Number One: Edge (c) Vs. Drew McIntyre, Non-title Match.
Match Number Two: Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel (c) w/ The Corre Vs. Vladimir Kozlov & Santino, Tag Team Title Match.
Match Number Three: Beth Phoenix & Rosa Mendes Vs. LayCool.
Match Number Four: The Big Show Vs. Kane.
Match Number Five: Jack Swagger Vs. JTG.

Back
Top Bottom