Wrestling Thread Jan 19-25 | 1/25 - THE ROYAL RUMBLE - Hardy vs Edge; Cena vs JBL (p18)

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

What could this mean????

Spoiler [+]
Rock band Rev Theory posted the following announcement on their MySpace page. Read what you want into it but could they be planning some kind of celebration for Orton on next week's RAW, the night after the Royal Rumble? The announcement:

We're super excited to announce that we've been tapped to play WWE "Monday Night Raw" on Monday, January 26th in Cleveland, Ohio! We'll be performing Randy Orton's theme song, "Voices", a song which features Rich on vocals, and also happens to be WWE's biggest theme at the moment. In addition, WWE "The Music" compilation CD, which features "Voices", drops the following day - Tuesday, Jan 27th. "Monday Night Raw" airs on the USA Network and is cable TV's most watched program, so please be sure to tune in!!

A rumble win celebration???
pimp.gif

Make it happen, WWE.

Certainly better than the other scenario that was posted regarding the Rumble winner and eventual WM match.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

What could this mean????

Spoiler [+]
Rock band Rev Theory posted the following announcement on their MySpace page. Read what you want into it but could they be planning some kind of celebration for Orton on next week's RAW, the night after the Royal Rumble? The announcement:

We're super excited to announce that we've been tapped to play WWE "Monday Night Raw" on Monday, January 26th in Cleveland, Ohio! We'll be performing Randy Orton's theme song, "Voices", a song which features Rich on vocals, and also happens to be WWE's biggest theme at the moment. In addition, WWE "The Music" compilation CD, which features "Voices", drops the following day - Tuesday, Jan 27th. "Monday Night Raw" airs on the USA Network and is cable TV's most watched program, so please be sure to tune in!!

A rumble win celebration???
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Make it happen, WWE.

pimp.gif

Just finished the DVR... best ending to Raw I've seen in damn near forever. Randy kicked the %*+# outta Vince's head. You gotta give Vince props...he'll take some punishment, like his hardcore match with HBK @ Wrestlemania (I think??) 22..

News & Notes

What happened after RAW went off the air.

After tonight's edition of Raw went off the air, a dark match main event was announced but Lilian Garcia said because of tonight's events that it was canceled.

As people started to file out of the arena, John Cena came out and got on the mic and said that he wasn't going to short Chicago. Cena asked the fans still there if they wanted a World Heavyweight Championship match. The crowd popped and they went to John Cena defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Chris Jericho.

John Cena b. Chris Jericho to retain the World Heavyweight Championship in tonight's dark match main event. The microphone was used as a weapon on the match as well as the steel ring steps. Cena won after a Throwback on Jericho.

J.R. says Steve Austin will never wrestle another match again
frown.gif
; speaks on Austin wanting Flair to induct him.

Jim Ross was appeared on Houston radio station 94.5 the Buzz this morning to promote Hall of Fame tickets going on sale this weekend. Ross said Mr. McMahon's return to RAW on Monday will be a "real trainwreck with him and his daughter vying for power." When asked whether Stone Cold will ever wrestle again, Ross said Austin is officially retired and will not wrestle another match because the risk of paralysis is too great. The Hall of Fame induction will be "Officially the closure of his career." Ross said. "He's not going to wrestle again." When asked who will induct Stone Cold, Ross said, "I don't know who's going to induct him," Ross said. "I heard Ric Flair. I would be up for it. If he wants someone else to do, I'm fine, I'm his good pal."

Ric Flair would induct Austin if asked, but will Vince let him?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Charleston Post Courier has received the following quote from Ric Flair concerning a Hall of Fame appearance to induct Stone Cold Steve Austin:

"I heard that too, and I didn't know if it was true or not. That would be cool as hell. I would love to do it."

It appears that Flair would be willing to make the appearance, but whether he will or not is going to be Vince's decision. Vince is said to be against it because he wants to keep things "within the WWE family."
[/font]

TNA President Dixie Carter confirms Christian's WWE return.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TNA President Dixie Carter spoke to DailyStar.co.uk to promote TNA's UK tour, which kicks off today.

Regarding the rumors that Christian Cage is gone from TNA Wrestling, Carter confirmed his departure. "I'm very disappointed," she said. "I like him as a person as well as a talent. It's interesting, he was the first big name to jump ship to us and he's been the first to jump back. I wish him all the best."

She also talked about the importance of TNA's presence oversaes. "I think this is a special and important market for us." She added it's a market "where the fans have embraced our product on an equal level with the competition - and much quicker." TNA's weekly ratings are competitive with WWE's overseas and "being on par in the ratings is a huge victory for us."
[/font]

Updated list on talent/producers that have been fired by the WWE in 2009 (does not include other staff that has been let go).

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Thus far, WWE has released a total of 16 talents/producers in 2009 -- with many more cuts likely to come. The cut list so far this year is as follows:

WWE Future Endeavors Club (Class of '09)

Main Roster Departures
» Bam Neely
» D-Lo Brown
» Gavin Spears
» Hardcore Holly
» Ron Simmons
» Val Venis

Developmental Departures
» Hade Vansen
» Kevin Thorn
» Matt Cappotelli
» Mike Kruel

Referee/Producer Departures
» Jim Korderas
» Kevin Keenan
» Mickie Henson
» Mike Posey
» Sgt. Slaughter
» Tim White
[/font]

ANOTHER altercation between Randy Orton and a fan at a house show.
laugh.gif

We've received multiple reports that yet another incident occurred this weekend involving Randy Orton and a fan at the Raw/ECW house show in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Apparently a fan said something that Orton didn't like, which caused him to get in his face and say several explicit words. According to several readers, security had to separate the two and apologize to the fan.

While it isn't sure how it began, it ended with Orton slamming the barricade into the legs of the fan and the fan throwing his hat away and shooting off with some bad language.

This is the second incident this month as Orton was also involved in an altercation with a fan during the January 2nd house show in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

41 WWE wrestlers tested positive for marijuana from November '07 to March '08.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There has been a definite crackdown of marijuana usage within WWE, which is not making many of the performers happy. The belief is that the drug testing is "serious", but the performers think management knows many people are drinking heavily and that painkiller use is high. Drinking is fine by the policy and painkillers are fine with prescriptions, and the heavy marijuana users, who have been warned to cut back, are beginning to turn to drinking and painkiller again.

It should be noted that there were 41 positive tests in WWE for marijuana usage that resulted in fines reports The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Testing took place between November 1, 2007 and March 31, 2008. It was reported on in 2008 that those who continued to test positive (which were many) were going to be facing more discipline than just simply paying a fine and were told to tone down their usage.

Marijuana use is viewed by several wrestlers as a much more safe alternative to painkillers and muscle relaxer pills to relieve pain while on the road.
[/font]

Mr. Kennedy caught in a lie?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A statement WWE Chairman Vince McMahon made in his recently documented interview with Congress contradicts a statement SmackDown wrestler Ken Anderson ("Mr. Kennedy") said regarding his prior steroid use in an interview he did just two months ago. In the Congress interview, McMahon said he individually asked all the wrestlers suspended due to the August 2007 Signature Pharmacy scandal if they had purchased steroids from the Internet pharmacy in question. "And some of them-I mean, all of them confessed that they had," McMahon told Congress. "Some said they didn't take the drugs, but that is just too bad because it is an infraction of the policy."

In a November 2008 interview with Live Audio Wrestling, Anderson claimed it was his doctor who purchased the drugs at the Internet pharmacy, not him. "I just learned to basically shut my mouth about stuff. It seemed as though any time I would turn around and say something, well they would analyze that stuff and say 'he did this, this, this and this.' I'd be reading about it at home and be like 'no, that's not right,' Anderson told Live Audio Wrestling. "When they asked me if I took steroids and I said no, I didn't at the time. The thing is, my doctor was getting the stuff from Signature Pharmacy. I never once went to an Internet website and ordered any of that stuff."

Between October 2006 and February 2007, according to documents, Anderson had received shipments of anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone. Anderson throws his doctor under the bus again by calling him a "quack" in an interview he did with Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier "I had a legitimate medical reason to have it," Anderson told Mooneyham. "How was I supposed to know my doctor's a quack? I was injured and had a legitimate reason. I tore my lat in 2005. I had surgery, went home and had a staph infection that I almost died from. I lost about 45 pounds in about three days. I had a legitimate medical reason for having it, however my name turned up on that list. Vince and the company's hands were tied. They had to suspend me." Anderson told Live Audio Wrestling he is aware of the pressure some of the newer wrestlers might have to take steroids. Anderson said taking steroids is really not necessary and that they should avoid using them.
[/font]

McMahon not a fan of Barack Obama.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One of the main reasons World Wrestling Entertainment laid off a number of employees this month is because Vince McMahon himself believes the economy is going to take a turn for the worst this year, mainly due to his negative reaction to Barack Obama winning the United States presidential election. McMahon has been telling people he expects unemployment to hit 10% by the end of the year.

While the economic woes haven't greatly impacted his company thus far, the cuts were made in preparation for what he expects to happen.
[/font]

Trish Stratus vs. Michelle McCool at Wrestlemania?

The idea of a Trish Stratus vs. Michelle McCool match at WrestleMania was discussed at a creative meeting two weeks ago. Many felt a Beth Phoenix vs. Stratus match would be good, but officials felt they've done it already with the mixed tag match a few weeks ago. After Stratus' performance in her match on Raw, the feeling is that she's still good enough to pull out a decent match with McCool that would be entertaining. There is also hope that the rub from Stratus would help McCool get over. Stratus is also said to be very open to various in-ring appearances and matches but nothing full-time.

Dos Caras Jr. will NOT join WWE.

-- Dos Caras Jr., who was expected to sign with WWE and possibly debut at the Royal Rumble match, announced over the weekend that he will not be signing a WWE contract. He opted to resign with EMLL for 4 more years. Caras stated that he thought staying in Mexico would be better for his career, based on him already being a star in Mexico. This would keep him from having to start all over and work his way back up to the top.

Batista interview; talks about his inspirations, strengths as a wrestler and more.

BodyBuilding.com has posted a new interview with Batista. Since the interview does not mention his recent surgery to repair a tear in his hamstring, I'm assuming that the interview was conducted before the injury. Below are the highlights:

Inspirations in the wrestling business: "There are a lot of guys that inspire me in this business; the obvious ones are Ric Flair, Triple H, The Undertaker, as well as The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin... I mean if these guys don't inspire anyone in this business you must have a screw loose and you have chosen the wrong profession. Look at what these guys have accomplished; look at what they did every single night. It's amazing; they are superhuman."

Admiration for Ric Flair: "My favorite person to work with has to be Ric Flair. He was so good and I was honestly awed by him. For me Ric Flair sits on a pedestal; I always new I was in the ring with a legend. Also he was so hysterically funny; it never seemed like work being out there with Ric because you never knew what he was going to do. It was always interesting and definitely fun."

Main strengths as a wrestler: "My main strength is my body; that's how I got my job and I don't kid myself in that regard. I owe the way I look to bodybuilding because I pursued it for so many years. That's why even today my physique is easy to maintain. When I was bodybuilding I weighed 350 lbs. Now I am at 275 as a wrestler, and can easily maintain my strength and physique."

Toughest aspect of being a professional wrestler: "The toughest part of the job is travel; being on the road close to 300 days a year is tough. Most people couldn't do what WWE superstars do."

Worst injury: "The worst injury I have ever suffered in the ring was a torn triceps; they had to take a piece of my hamstring to repair the tear. It was brutal; I was out for 6 months."

His legacy: "I always connect myself to guys I think the fans will remember like Ric Flair, Triple H and Rey Mysterio. I have achieved so much more than I ever thought possible in the WWE so my goal is to help this company as much as possible... I love the WWE and I stand by it wholeheartedly. I try to pack the house every night. Hopefully, in the end, my legacy will be what Ric and Triple H passed on to me; help the younger talent. As far as what I achieve in my personal life, I want to make sure my kid's futures are set and they don't have to struggle like I did when I was young."

Click here to read the full interview.

Update on Batista's recovery.

- Batista is said to be in good spirits as he is able to go to the gym and workout but he cannot put any stress or strain on his surgically repaired hamstring. WWE officials want to do Batista vs. John Cena at WrestleMania but that is very unlikely at this point.

WWE official makes controversial "size" comments.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steve Keirn, who oversees WWE's developmental program, Florida Championship Wrestling, made an outrageous comment during his appearance on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show just several days after the release of the Waxman documents relating to steroids in professional wrestling. Keirn said WWE only wants guys who are between 6-foot-2 and 6-foot-6 with lean physiques that would look good on television. Keirn basically said WWE doesn't want any small wrestlers by saying "they don't want anyone who is 5-foot-1." He also added that with all due respect to Rey Mysterio, who he said is one of the biggest superstars in wrestling today, WWE is looking for "bigger guys than that." In the spring of 2006, Vince McMahon reportedly issued a directive to John Laurinaitis saying he only wanted him to sign wrestlers who are at least 6-foot-2 and 240 pounds to a contract. While the roster as a whole is the probably the smallest in the company's history, little has changed since then as WWE still primarily signs wrestlers who match that very description -- even if they have little to no prior wrestling experience. With the exception of a few wrestlers in developmental (TJ Wilson and Chris Cage for example), the majority of the roster & recent signees are over six feet tall and 200 pounds.[/font]

More on MVP's losing streak finally coming to an end.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MVP's 22-match losing streak was finally snapped on last night's edition of Friday Night SmackDown after Big Show could not answer the 10-count in their "Last Man Standing Match." This was MVP's first match victory in nearly five months. Prior to last night's win, his last victory took place on the August 22, 2008 edition of SmackDown in a count out win over Festus. Here is a timeline of his losing streak:

08-29 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy.
09-05 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Shelton Benjamin.
09-07 Unforgiven - Pinned twice; by Jeff Hardy, and by Triple H at the conclusion of the match.
09-12 SmackDown - Lost Fatal Four Way Match to Jeff Hardy when Kendrick was pinned.
09-19 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Triple H.
09-26 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Triple H in tag match vs. Triple H & Jeff Hardy.
10-03 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy in All Star Eight-Man Tag Team Match.
10-10 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy.
10-17 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to R-Truth.
10-24 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Kung Fu Naki in tag match vs. R-Truth & Kung Fu Naki.
10-31 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy in a 6-man tag match vs the Hardys and Rey Mysterio.
11-03 Raw - Pinfall loss to Matt Hardy in a tag match vs the Hardys.
11-07 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Great Khali.
11-14 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Kung Fu Naki.
11-21 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to James Mason.
11-23 Survivor Series - Pinfall loss to The Great Khali. Also pinned JTG during the match.
12-02 ECW - Pinfall loss to Matt Hardy
12-05 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Hurriance Helms.
12-08 Raw - Pinfall loss to MVC (Most Valuable Charlie).
12-12 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to R-Truth.
12-26 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Great Khali.
01-02 Smackdown - Pinfall loss to Kizarny.
01-16 Smackdown - Victory over Big Show. (Last Man Stand Match)
[/font]

TNA creative in turmoil regarding Main Event Mafia.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The TNA creative team seems to be in turmoil over how much air time to give the Main Event Mafia on their weekly iMPACT shows. They want to establish the group as the industry's #1 heel faction, but don't want to be accused of taking TV time away from the younger wrestlers in favor of ex-WWE stars. The company feels that time is not in favor of most of the M.E.M. members, especially in the case of Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner, who are being treated by the writers as if this is their last big storyline. While the Frontline group is viewed as disposable by most within TNA, the company is hoping to make the Mafia a long-term gimmick with the option to bring in new members to replace old ones if needed. The M.E.M. will likely remain an "all-World Champions group" which obviously limits the choices for replacement members to only the company's top stars.[/font]

Latest on Kevin Nash's staph infection, where it started and more.

Jeff Wilen of The Daytona Beach News-Journal spoke with Kevin Nash from a hospital earlier today in Charlotte, North Carolina about the MRSA infection in his elbow. Nash told Wilen that he would have to drive to his home in the Daytona Beach area because of airport restrictions on blood bags and he cannot leave the hospital until they can find a blood bag (so that he can travel).

"It looks like it's going to be a two- to three-week setback," Nash told Wilen. "My arm is going to have to heal... I've dealt with injuries my whole career, though."

Nash confirmed that the infection to his elbow started with a small scrape he developed while working the Wrestle Fest III show in Tokyo, Japan earlier this month.

Regarding not being able to go overseas with TNA, Nash told Wilen, "I'm having a ball. I'm so bummed I'm not going on the European tour."

Click here for Jeff Wilen's coverage on his JAWBreaker blog.

More on Hade Vansen being let go.

WWE has released British developmental wrestler Hade Vansen. WWE ran a bizarre vignette on his planned character on SmackDown a few weeks ago.

WWE had plans for his dark character with cult-esque overtones to engage in a feud with Undertaker, but Vince McMahon halted the direction following the initial vignette. McMahon didn't want new talent from developmental to be put in such a major angle before being tested and then trusted enough to carry the ball.

SmackDown creative team writer Michael Hayes came up with the idea for the storyline. He had plans for Kevin Fertig (a.k.a. Kevin Thorn) and the large masked developmental wrestler Black Pain to be associated with Vansen in some form before the character and direction were dropped. WWE released Fertig last week as well, so only Black Pain remains.

Vansen was signed to a developmental contract in May 2007 following a successful tryout during WWE's European tour. Vansen missed most of 2008 due to injury before returning in December.

Miz and Morrison still very over with management.

The Miz and John Morrison continue to be very over with WWE management and that is the reason why they are often featured on all three WWE television shows each week. One source told me with WWE cutting show payouts by 50% that Miz and Morrison are the only two upper mid-card workers making any money. The workers with the low downsides are said to be really hurting from the budget cutbacks in the company.

Scott Steiner's deteriorating health and an update; notes on his backstage reputation.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scott Steiner is said to be in pretty rough shape, but then again he has been that way since the final year of http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231876913&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#] WCW[/url]. There was a point in time where he would warm up for a full hour before going out for a match, and another time when after a 10 minute match he couldn't pick up a napkin he dropped in a hotel, but when he finally did manage to get down on one knee to pick it up he grabbed his back and had to lie down on a couch to relieve the pain. Steiner's days in http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231876913&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]the ring[/url] may be numbered, as he had made it clear to friends he has no interest in appearing on camera if he looks feeble or injured. He was once working through back pain so bad that he couldn't do any flat-back bumps and had to fall to his side or to his knees, and explain later to the http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231876913&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]wrestlers[/url] that he wasn't trying to no-sell their moves but he simply couldn't do the back bumps.

Steiner is said to be pretty hard on himself, and most of the locker room feels bad for him at times despite his reputation as an absolute lunatic who has threatened people's lives over booking decisions. In WCW, Jeff Jarrett was always known as the guy who could keep Scott under control and calm him down.

Says one fellow wrestler regarding Scott's health: "He can't bend over and tie his shoe because of his lower back pain. His stretching routine before matches is barbaric just so he has the mobility to get through a match because he's wound so tight. His back is so bad watching him go through a 12 step process to sit in a car seat is excruciating. It's so not a secret that his back causes him tremendous pain and is an overwhelming concern in his life every day"

Friends continue to encourage Steiner to back off on his muscle-mass, but Steiner continues to be stubborn and prioritize being as big as possible over all else. He never misses a work out and fans said they saw him at a gym in Hawaii while he was there on his honeymoon. Steiner is still financially set from his WCW days and real estate ventures with his brother, but there is tremendous pressure for him to retire due to his physical condition. With so many TNA wrestlers on the shelf, the loss of Steiner would be a major blow to the company.

[/font]-[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Says one fellow wrestler regarding Scott Steiner: "If Scott has a decent, hard match where he takes five or ten bumps, he is feeling much more pain than the average beat up http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231971890&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]wrestler[/url] [and he feels it for up to] 24 hours after the match." The day after he wrestles he walks and moves like a 70 year old. Most wrestlers didn't think he would return from the torn trachea he suffered wrestling in Puerto Rico where he took a kick to the throat, let alone still wrestle to this day.

There is sympathy for Scott http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231971890&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#] backstage[/url] in TNA despite his reputation, which at one point was one of the worst in the business. There was one time in WCW where Terry Taylor was so shaken up over his threats that he changed all of his flights just to avoid Steiner. Steiner ended up being sent home over the July 4th weekend, and later joked to friends that if they wanted a paid vacation just pick on Taylor like he did. Another WCW story is that before an episode of Nitro in January 2000, Scott was told by management not to drive the n.W.o. Hummer vehicle over 60 miles an hour. One of the first things he did was see how fast the truck could drive and blew out the engine requiring thousands of dollars worth of repairs. It was during that time frame that WCW threatened to press charges on him for alleged threats made toward http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231971890&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]Ric Flair[/url] in a parking lot, and warned Steiner that if they did press charges he would be in violation of his probation. They were going to fine him and suspend him instead of pressing charges, but his contract prohibited any kind of fine or suspension, so they did neither.

Probably his most famous incident was the fight with DDP backstage at Nitro after Scott cut an unauthorized promo on Page on http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231971890&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]live TV[/url], and Page picked a fight with him as soon as he walked back through the curtain. It took about seven wrestlers to pry Scott off of Dallas Page and one wrestler said Steiner tried to take his eye out. One report said Steiner filed his nails earlier in the day and if he hadn't, Page might have lost an eye. Some felt Page deserved it while others felt he only got so much heat because of his wife Kimberly's attitude.

Thus far Scott is said to be a pleasure to work with in TNA. Even during his last http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1231971890&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]WWE[/url] run he kept to himself and was professional, but quiet and would only socialize if someone tried to talk to him first
[/font].

Friend of Scott Steiner says reports of his health are exaggerated.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The health of TNA Main Event Mafia member Scott Steiner has been a hot topic lately with so many injuries recently occurring. Friends of Steiner tell the PWTorch Newsletter that recent statements about his unbearable back pain are exaggerated and tarnish his achievements. Steiner certainly has aches and pains from a very lengthy career in amateur and http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232392997&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]pro wrestling[/url], but friends say he trains harder then most http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232392997&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]wrestlers[/url] and does not rely on painkillers to ease his pain.

"Does he have aches and pains? Yes, however he does not drink alcohol or indulge in numbing amounts of painkillers like so many do to http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232392997&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]numb[/url] their pain," said a close friend of Steiner's.

For those outside of Steiner's inner circle, it's often hard to tell the difference between his character and his actual personality outside of http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232392997&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&#]the ring[/url], which may affect perceptions of him. "Scott is a person with a lot of integrity, people that don't know him have total misconceptions of what he is all about," said one friend. "As for his fans, he obviously always trys to stay in character because he likes to keep his personal and professional life separate."

Steiner has been limited in the ring, but he remains committed to performing at a high level for TNA. "He really enjoys working for TNA and will continue to give 100 percent," said one friend.
[/font]

FCW Heavyweight Champion makes WWE debut at Smackdown house shows.

WWE developmental worker and current FCW Heavyweight Champion Eric Perez made his debut with WWE at SmackDown house shows this weekend. Perez wrestled as Eric Escobar and did a gimmick where he proclaimed in Spanish how he is the best unknown wrestler in WWE before jobbing to Kizarny.

Prior to signing a WWE developmental contract in 2005, Perez worked in the International Wrestling Association and World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico. He began in Deep South Wrestling in 2005 and was transferred to Florida Championship Wrestling in Tampa, Florida when WWE ended their working relationship with DSW.

Perez is also the former tag team partner of Primo Colon as he held the FCW Tag Team Championship three times with him. He won the FCW Heavyweight Championship on December 11th in a Fatal Four-Way match defeating Sheamus O'Shaunessy, Joe Hennig and Drew McIntyre.

Candice Michelle to turn heel?

Candice Michelle wrestled as a heel in a singles match with Melina at last night's Raw/ECW house show in Madison, Wisconsin. During the match, Candice faked an injury, to the point that a referee called for medical assistance from the back. When Melina tried to check on her, Candice pulled a fast one and rolled her up for the win, but Melina kicked out. Melina finished off Candice with her signature split kick for the win. Candice played a heel throughout the match, even as she was heading to the back. Candice also appeared at an autograph signing over the weekend with a brand new look.

WWE employees disagree with top 25 managers list.

WWE.com posted a list of the top 25 managers of all time. The list is as follows:

25. Frenchy Martin
24. Gary Hart
23. Jason
22. Terri Runnels
21. Michael "PS" Hayes
20. Paul Ellering
19. Oliver Humperdink
18. Johnny Valiant
17. Bill Alfonso
16. James Dudley
15. Harvey Whippleman
14. Teddy Long
13. Sunny
12. Slick
11. Sherri Martel
10. J.J. Dillon
9. Mr. Fuji
8. Miss Elizabeth
7. The Grand Wizard
6. Arnold Skaaland
5. Jimmy Hart
4. Paul Bearer
3. Captain Lou Albano
2. Freddie Blassie
1. Bobby Heenan

Many WWE employees disagreed with the Top 25 Managers of all time list that WWE.com produced yesterday. Joey Styles has his own list, which includes Paul Heyman, Jim Cornette and others, which you can read at fans.wwe.com.

Jim Ross also had some words to say, specifically that he thought Gary Hart was ranked too low on the list. You can check out what JR has to say at fans.wwe.com.

Finally, Howard Finkel disagreed with the list, and also handed out his own list. Finkel's list also included Paul Heyman and Jim Cornette, as well as some names from the 60s.

Hurricane Helms dealing with chronic pain.

- Hurricane Helms' surgically repaired neck is said to be holding up well, however, Helms was telling people at TVs last week that he deals with chronic pain because of the injury.

ECW Spoilers for today (1/20):

Spoiler [+]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dark Match:
* Dolph Ziggler b. Jamie Noble
- Dolph Ziggler got the win via pinfall. Solid dark match to get the crowd going.

ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tomorrow)

* ECW begins with Todd Grisham in http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232417694&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&#]the ring[/url] interviewing Matt Hardy. Todd talks about what a rough week that it has been for the Hardy family. He references the http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232417694&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&#]Jeff Hardy[/url] "pyro incident" from SmackDown and it is revealed that Jeff is at home with first degree "burns". Matt Hardy goes on to talk about dropping the ECW Championship to Jack Swagger on last week's show. ECW Champion Jack Swagger comes to the ring.

Swagger and Hardy have a short in-ring confrontation and talk about their match this Sunday at http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232417694&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&#]Royal Rumble[/url]. Matt ends up hitting Swagger as the fight spills out of the ring. Referees come out to break up the melee.

Announced for later tonight, The Miz, John Morrison, Finlay, and Mark Henry in a Fatal Four-Way match.

* Ricky Ortiz b. Local Worker (from what we were told it said Evans on his trunks although his name was not clear)
- Ortiz won in a quick squash with a splash. Ortiz got on the microphone and thanked the Chicago fans for their support and told them to rally up.

A replay of the Tommy Dreamer segment from last week is shown.

* http://www.24wrestling.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1232417694&archive=&start_from=&ucat=6&#]Backstage[/url] with Tommy Dreamer and Theodore Long, Paul Burchill bursts in and demands a rematch with DJ Gabriel. Teddy says that he'll give Burchill a match with someone of his choosing up next.

* Paul Burchill and Katie Lea come out to ringside. His opponent is The Boogeyman.

Paul Burchill vs. The Boogeyman is stopped when Katie Lea interferes. Boogeyman tries to feed Katie Lea worms but Burchill pulls her from the ring just in time. They changed the ring apron after the match.

* John Morrison b. The Miz, Finlay, and Mark Henry in a Fatal Four-Way match.
- Morrison pinned The Miz to get the victory. Hornswoggle got involved as he hit a tadpole splash at one point. Henry left before the match was over.
[/font]

While it isn't sure how it began, it ended with Orton slamming the barricade into the legs of the fan and the fan throwing his hat away and shooting off with some bad language.
The voices told him to do it. They counsel and they understand...

They talk to him.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steve Keirn, who oversees WWE's developmental program, Florida Championship Wrestling, made an outrageous comment during his appearance on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show just several days after the release of the Waxman documents relating to steroids in professional wrestling. Keirn said WWE only wants guys who are between 6-foot-2 and 6-foot-6 with lean physiques that would look good on television. Keirn basically said WWE doesn't want any small wrestlers by saying "they don't want anyone who is 5-foot-1." He also added that with all due respect to Rey Mysterio, who he said is one of the biggest superstars in wrestling today, WWE is looking for "bigger guys than that." In the spring of 2006, Vince McMahon reportedly issued a directive to John Laurinaitis saying he only wanted him to sign wrestlers who are at least 6-foot-2 and 240 pounds to a contract. While the roster as a whole is the probably the smallest in the company's history, little has changed since then as WWE still primarily signs wrestlers who match that very description -- even if they have little to no prior wrestling experience. With the exception of a few wrestlers in developmental (TJ Wilson and Chris Cage for example), the majority of the roster & recent signees are over six feet tall and 200 pounds.[/font]
smh.gif
x 1,000,000,000

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

The voices told him to do it. They counsel and they understand...

They talk to him.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

How is Kennedy not fired yet? Dude keeps screwing himself over.

And Randy is that dude.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

The way i see it... JBL will win the heavyweight championship against John Cena, thus making it Shawn Michael against JBL at Wrestlemania as the main event with HBK winning the title one last time. See how they always promoting HBK as Mr. Wrestlemania all of a sudden more than often.... The Royal Rumble winner will be a guy from Smackdown maybe HHH or Christian Cage

As far as the Randy Orton story line goes.... im kinda clueless
i think what will happen is shawn will eliminate the undertaker because remember a while back that shawn fed jbl to the undertaker so jbl distracts him or sumthin thus makin the undertaker mad at hbk and u will see a hbk undertaker at wm25 with it being takers final match..

u will see cage cost hardy the belt at the royal rumble and then cage and hardy at wm25 with some sort of stipulation....

if orton wins the rumble, which i doubt, u will see orton and cena at wm 25
if triple h wins u will see triple h vs edge

i also think u will se something like one of the legacy members fight their dad at wm 25, im thinkin rhodes and goldust

eyes.gif

154gf3p.jpg

I hope I am wrong but i sense a WM match between goldust and his brother. I also sense Shawn Michaels fighting fo rthe title at WM25 after all the tlk of himbeing Mr. Wrestlemanina. ? what happened to the undertaker haven't seen him in action in a while.

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

The way i see it... JBL will win the heavyweight championship against John Cena, thus making it Shawn Michael against JBL at Wrestlemania as the main event with HBK winning the title one last time. See how they always promoting HBK as Mr. Wrestlemania all of a sudden more than often.... The Royal Rumble winner will be a guy from Smackdown maybe HHH or Christian Cage

i think what will happen is shawn will eliminate the undertaker because remember a while back that shawn fed jbl to the undertaker so jbl distracts him or sumthin thus makin the undertaker mad at hbk and u will see a hbk undertaker at wm25 with it being takers final match..

u will see cage cost hardy the belt at the royal rumble and then cage and hardy at wm25 with some sort of stipulation....

i also think u will se something like one of the legacy members fight their dad at wm 25, im thinkin rhodes and goldust

eyes.gif

154gf3p.jpg

ok so then u post what u think then hot shot

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

eyes.gif

154gf3p.jpg

ok so then u post what u think then hot shot
I don't know why but this had me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

possible WM spoiler
Spoiler [+]
Triple H vs. Edge and Jeff Hardy vs. Christian is the current plan for WrestleMania 25. The plans as of two weeks ago called for Jeff to get a chance to win back his title at WrestleMania at possibly the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out against Edge, but will pass on the title shot for a grudge match against Christian. There has been no confirmation of Christian signing with WWE, but the belief from people within TNA and WWE is that he will return to the company. We'll keep you posted but those were the original plans and were still in the works as of last week.

News & Notes

Christian is NOT expected to return at Royal Rumble.

Unless things change, Christian will not return to WWE until after the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Hmm...interesting.
Because of this, I think it lessens the possibility of Jeff dropping the title at RR. WWE still wants to do some form of aChristian vs. Hardy match at WrestleMania, so I think Christian comes back on a SmackDown...the latest possible date being at No Way Out.

Updated list of 2009 WWE PPV's and locations.

Below is an updated list of 2009 WWE pay-per-views with dates and locations:

* Royal Rumble - January 25th from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan

* No Way Out - February 15th from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington

* WrestleMania 25 - April 5th from Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas

* Backlash - April 26th from the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island

* Judgment Day - May 17th from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois

* One Night Stand - June 7th from the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

* Night Of Champions - June 28th from the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California

* The Great American Bash - July 26th from the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

* SummerSlam - August 23rd from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California

* Unforgiven - September 13th from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

* No Mercy - October 4th from the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

* Cyber Sunday - October 25th from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey

* Survivor Series - November 22nd from the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

Kelly Kelly's pushed reduced because she turned down Playboy?

Many of the people that I have spoke with feel that one of the reasons why Kelly Kelly's push has been reduced is because she turned down an offer to be this year's WWE Diva featured in Playboy Magazine. Kelly Kelly was used as an enhancement talent last night on Raw, doing a job to Beth Phoenix.

C.M. Punk makes history last night.

-- CM Punk made history last night on WWE RAW when he captured the WWE Intercontinental championship. Punk became the first triple crown champion faster than anyone else in the company. Punk captured the World championship, Tag Team championship and the IC title in 203 days. Kevin Nash was the only person to come close at 227 days.

Maryse rehabbing knee; expected to return after Royal Rumble.

- Maryse has been off the road rehabbing her dislocated right kneecap that she suffered at a house show earlier this month. Maryse has been doing the rehabilitation in Los Angeles (where she lives) and is expected to return to WWE after the Royal Rumble pay-per-view this Sunday.

Tommy Dreamer expected to retire or leave company at the end of current angle.

- The word I am getting is that the current angle with Tommy Dreamer vowing to retire if he does not win the ECW Championship when his contract expires is a shoot being turned into a work. Dreamer's WWE contract expires this June and he is expected by many to leave the company.

RVD and Batista in a movie together?

- Dave Meltzer is reporting that Batista and Rob Van Dam are scheduled to be in an upcoming film together called The Wrong Side of the Tracks Part I. Reportedly the movie will be shot in Baton Rouge, Louisiana from February 3rd to February 24th.

Kevin Nash released from hospital.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kevin Nash has been home in Daytona Beach since last Thursday. He drove from Charlotte as trying to get the pump that is hooked up to his arm through security at the airport comfortably would have been difficult at best.

As of yesterday Kevin was still hooked up to the pump to speed up the heeling process on his elbow. It is likely that the pump will be removed soon, as early as today. He's just waiting for the doctor to give the OK.

After tests it was determined that the infection was not MRSA as originally feared.

Even while being hooked up to the pump Nash has been working out since he got home, and he plans to appear at the next set of TNA TV tapings on 1/26-27.

Kevin says he's not sure how he got the infection. He was resting his arms on a table and felt something on his elbow which appeared to be like a pimple. So it was popped, and he went about his business, going to the gym etc., until after a few days when infection set in. His best guess is whatever infected the elbow probably came from the gym.
[/font]

I don't see how they can keep this Jeff storyline continue to run all the way up to No Way Out, I'm hopin they just bring Christian back at Rumbleand build a feud between the two up until WM.

mad.gif
at Christian NOT returning at the Rumble. i think it's a PERFECTtime for him to return there. a big event and enough time to build a feud with hardy for WM. if he returns at a smackdown no ones really gonna tune in ascompared to a Royal Rumble event. and if he returns at No Way Out i don't think they have enough time to build a solid good feud leading up to the Rumble.i'm hoping they're downplaying his return at the Rumble and he actually DOES!

Originally Posted by 22stylez

mad.gif
at Christian NOT returning at the Rumble. i think it's a PERFECT time for him to return there. a big event and enough time to build a feud with hardy for WM. if he returns at a smackdown no ones really gonna tune in as compared to a Royal Rumble event. and if he returns at No Way Out i don't think they have enough time to build a solid good feud leading up to the Rumble. i'm hoping they're downplaying his return at the Rumble and he actually DOES!
I agree. He should return at the Rumble, a big four PPV.

The thing is though...he's definitely coming back, but it's not even known if he's signed a contract yet. Who knows...both sides could still benegotiating the final details.

I don't want him coming back on a random SD, knowing on a Tuesday through spoilers that he'll be on there
eyes.gif
...it has to be at a live event. So if not at the Rumble, No Way Out isn'tthat bad...remember, the time between No Way Out and WrestleMania is a full six weeks...that's plenty of time to build for the big match. So I could seewhy WWE would want to hold him back a bit more (if he is signed)...
Originally Posted by sneakerhead24

possible WM spoiler
Spoiler [+]
Triple H vs. Edge and Jeff Hardy vs. Christian is the current plan for WrestleMania 25. The plans as of two weeks ago called for Jeff to get a chance to win back his title at WrestleMania at possibly the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out against Edge, but will pass on the title shot for a grudge match against Christian. There has been no confirmation of Christian signing with WWE, but the belief from people within TNA and WWE is that he will return to the company. We'll keep you posted but those were the original plans and were still in the works as of last week.
Spoiler [+]
That'll be horse @++% if Jeff passes up a title match to take on Christian. If he's facing Christian, it better not be because he won the Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out...
eyes.gif

If the SD main event is Triple H vs. Edge...
smh.gif

It would be awesome if they saved Christian's return for No Way Out but only because I'll be there
laugh.gif

* Backlash - April 26th from the Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island

* Cyber Sunday - October 25th from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey
pimp.gif
I will definitley be at Backlash, as it is usualy one ofthe better ppvs with all Mania rematches.

I am pretty sure I will go to Cyber Sunday, but it is too early to guarentee.

Back
Top Bottom