Wrestling Thread January 2nd-31st/NXT Takeover Tonight At 8PM ET/NTWT Royal Rumble Info On Page 1/Ro

Needa see Pete Dunne vs Mark Andrews and Bate vs Seven in the semis

Last edited:
I wouldnt consider NJW big leagues though.

You only know names because some of you guys follow their careers and know where they'll go.

WWE on the other hand, is known everywhere, you take a name like The Rock and mention him in the deepest darkest corner of the earth, people would know him,

do the same for Okada and people are going to question who is he....

So you wouldn't consider the 2nd biggest/best promotion in the world to be big leagues?..

And you can't seriously be comparing The Rock to Okada..One is an international movie star and the other is a pro wrestling WHC..Your comparison should've been Cena to Okada..Yes, more people are aware of Cena than Okada but that doesn't mean that Okada is well known throughout the world of pro wrestling..

I wouldnt consider NJW big leagues though.

You only know names because some of you guys follow their careers and know where they'll go.

WWE on the other hand, is known everywhere, you take a name like The Rock and mention him in the deepest darkest corner of the earth, people would know him,

do the same for Okada and people are going to question who is he....

So you wouldn't consider the 2nd biggest/best promotion in the world to be big leagues?..

And you can't seriously be comparing The Rock to Okada..One is an international movie star and the other is a pro wrestling WHC..Your comparison should've been Cena to Okada..Yes, more people are aware of Cena than Okada but that doesn't mean that Okada is well known throughout the world of pro wrestling..

Bad comparison on my part, but i was tryna to say, you can walk about to anyone, doesnt matter if there a fan of WWE or not and ask them to name few wrestlers, and they'll name it, now ask them to name a few NJW and they'll probably say I dont know, and chances of that are high, its not like you can catch an episode on tv here in the states like that.

Bad comparison on my part, but i was tryna to say, you can walk about to anyone, doesnt matter if there a fan of WWE or not and ask them to name few wrestlers, and they'll name it, now ask them to name a few NJW and they'll probably say I dont know, and chances of that are high, its not like you can catch an episode on tv here in the states like that.

If you're not a wrestling fan then you're not gonna be able to name any wrestlers..

But if you go up to someone who IS a wrestling fan and them who Okada is, and I'd bet that about 7 outta 10 would know who he is..

If you're not a wrestling fan then you're not gonna be able to name any wrestlers..

But if you go up to someone who IS a wrestling fan and them who Okada is, and I'd bet that about 7 outta 10 would know who he is..
Ehh, I think there are definitely people that aren't into wrestling, but can still name a few. Thing is, none of the people they would name would be from New Japan or anywhere else.

I am into wrestling and obviously a fan, but if I didn't post here, I would have absolutely no clue who Okada is and what he looks like. I haven't even watched one of his matches before. I think there are a lot of wrestling fans that really only know about WWE and they are fine with that.

Last edited:
My man Shibata is in the doghouse for getting caught having an affair. This stuff is is big deal in Japanese society so it might derail any push they had in store for them :smh:

He JUST got married too... He got drunk at the after party and put on his wrestling gear...

I guess my "issue" with British wrestling is it is more, "White Dudes with trunks" - ish than American Indy wrestling. Like, there is NO diversity there.

- While it was offered with the usual “this could change” caveat, the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted the Performance Center class closest to being called up to WWE’s main roster consists of Shinuske Nakamura, Andrade “Cien” Almas, Alexander Wolfe, TM-61, Hideo Itami, #DIY, Chris Hero, Elias Samson and Tye Dillinger..

I personally feel like there should be a "graduation" ceremony for people (2 times a year; Spring and Winter Semesters) that are leaving NXT. Much like Dragon Gate moves people in COHORTS so there is always a connection to those that are in your class. Just gives another layer of storylines.

I guess you want to keep some call ups secret, so that might not happen.

What are your thoughts on that?

Damn, if WWE calls all them up, who's left in the roster for NXT lol
Nobody. It should just be the young folks there that need to be develped. It IS supposed to be a D-League.

But they are touring, so we don't have that anymore.

Roddy Strong
O'Rielly

Who else?

Back
Top Bottom